Suggestions for prep between 1st and 2nd yr?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cruze43

MS-I
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

I was wondering if anyone had any insight into what would be a good review book to go over the summer after 1st year. I have heard that First Aid is a good book because it has all the 1st year material that will be on the exam. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

If you must review, FA is all you need.

I'd rather enjoy the summer if it was me though. I had to study some anatomy and physical diagnosis for my research/experience job b/w 1st and 2nd year. It was pretty much worthless studying. I forgot it all again. I probably should have relaxed for the last time ever.. :)

Hey

I was wondering if anyone had any insight into what would be a good review book to go over the summer after 1st year. I have heard that First Aid is a good book because it has all the 1st year material that will be on the exam. Any advice?

This is your last summer..don't burn yourself out. If you can recharge your batteries and come back with a clean slate for second year you are more likely to take 2nd year as a fresh start and start chipping away that block to become ready for boards. But your summer break should be used to give your brain a well deserved break..i personally don't know anyone that has done work over first year summer and did well on the boards. So take it for what its worth..its more likely that you will relearn everything that you learned in summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
i completely understand everything you guys are saying, my goal this summer was to enjoy and relax the entire summer and not worry about school,
i just figured since i am not doing any research or anything (cause i figured it is worthless unless i do it in the field i am going to apply to residency in and get published) that i might review some board related first year material, thanks for the advice

you will just spin your wheels if you try to study for boards now. 90% of the material is from second year. find a research study that you can assist with for a few hours a week. a paper or poster will help much more than board study at present time.