Suggestions for senior classes?

Overworkedbutt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a junior currently in Highschool. I am planning on classes to take now so I get first pick. I already know I am taking honors calculus, economics, government, speech, required english. Now for science classes I desperatly want to take anatomy and physiology, but physics is the standard class that seniors usually take here. I know that physics will provide a bit more of a stronger base for an undergraduate. Though I am rather interested in anatomy. Plus that class is a single semester class so i would be able to take DNA genetics for the other semester. Both are interesting to me rather than boring old physics. I just don't know of i would be giving myself unneeded work?

Members don't see this ad.

If I were in your position, I would take anatomy and physiology and DNA genetics provided you want to go the medical route. These sciences will be much more applicable in your future. Go for what you are interested in, not the standard. Not only will you enjoy these classes more, you will set yourself apart from the other students enrolled in physics.

Reactions: 1 user
Take classes similar to those that you will take in college. That way, you gain earlier exposure to the material. DO NOT overload yourself with work though, you don't want to drop your GPA your last year. AP test passes will help you a lot in college when it's time to sign up for your general requirements, and will allow you to go straight into some med school pre-reqs possibly, depending on your SAT/ACT. And relax, it's senior year. Most likely you will have been admitted into college early in the fall. Try to knock out some AP classes as well, and you should be good!

Physics. It'll make physics much less difficult in college. As for anatomy, you'll learn everything you need at your undergrad, no need to take it now. Anatomy, you will find, is fairly simple so you probably don't need to take it early just for extra practice.

Reactions: 1 user