adizzle87

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Am thinking about buying a suit in advanced for interviews possibly a year from now. Would 3-button be too assertive and business meeting like? Would 2 button be too traditional? Thanks

montag925

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2006
New Jersey
Status
Dental Student
During my numerous interviews thus far, I have wore a two button suite. However, some of the more "fashionable" people I interviewed with wore well-fitted v-neck t-shirts with brown kackis. I must say that they looked better than me. If I interview next year (I'm not accepted yet), I might change my attire. I would rather look trend than out of date.

Jake8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
Status
Dental Student
See the skinny ties thread. Really something that is just professional and comfortable. Basically whatever you look best in. I can't wear three buttons because I am under 6ft but did have my two button suit tailored to my body which helped tremendously.

About the Ads

Lopyswine

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2007
Chicago, IL
Status
Dental Student
During my numerous interviews thus far, I have wore a two button suite. However, some of the more "fashionable" people I interviewed with wore well-fitted v-neck t-shirts with brown kackis. I must say that they looked better than me. If I interview next year (I'm not accepted yet), I might change my attire. I would rather look trend than out of date.
:thumbup:

stillhere858

do work son!
10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
from a fashion stand point. If you are tall, 3 button is good for your height. If you're short, 2 button, that way you don't looked stumped and get more of your tie/shirt to show. (i'm short, and rock more 2 button. I have some 3 to mix it up, but whatevs) I agree w/ the above posts, be comfortable in what you're wearing and how you look!:thumbup:

Plopper

"This too will pass"
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2008
Status
Dental Student
2 button, go with conservative look, who knows maybe in a few years that 3 button will go out of style while that 2 button will still look fly

cherr1pop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
yup like others have said. whatever's more comfortable & confident-boosting for you!
i'm a girl so it might be a little different but i can't even remember how many buttons my suit had so i dont think it matters too much.. :oops:

About the Ads