1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Suit - 2-button or 3-button?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by adizzle87, Nov 30, 2008.

1. adizzle87

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Am thinking about buying a suit in advanced for interviews possibly a year from now. Would 3-button be too assertive and business meeting like? Would 2 button be too traditional? Thanks

2. montag925

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    During my numerous interviews thus far, I have wore a two button suite. However, some of the more "fashionable" people I interviewed with wore well-fitted v-neck t-shirts with brown kackis. I must say that they looked better than me. If I interview next year (I'm not accepted yet), I might change my attire. I would rather look trend than out of date.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jake8

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    See the skinny ties thread. Really something that is just professional and comfortable. Basically whatever you look best in. I can't wear three buttons because I am under 6ft but did have my two button suit tailored to my body which helped tremendously.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Lopyswine

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    :thumbup:

5. stillhere858

stillhere858 do work son!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    from a fashion stand point. If you are tall, 3 button is good for your height. If you're short, 2 button, that way you don't looked stumped and get more of your tie/shirt to show. (i'm short, and rock more 2 button. I have some 3 to mix it up, but whatevs) I agree w/ the above posts, be comfortable in what you're wearing and how you look!:thumbup:

6. Plopper

Plopper "This too will pass"
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    2 button, go with conservative look, who knows maybe in a few years that 3 button will go out of style while that 2 button will still look fly

7. cherr1pop

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    yup like others have said. whatever's more comfortable & confident-boosting for you!
    i'm a girl so it might be a little different but i can't even remember how many buttons my suit had so i dont think it matters too much.. :oops: