Sullivan University, Class of 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
- Thanks for the info. I know Sullivan is not using PharmCAS but how was the paper application process?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile

It's not bad at all, I think the app is only 3 pages long. The personal statement is similar to that of PharmCAS, so you can choose to use the same essay or make a new one. I just used bits and pieces from my PharmCAS essay that I really liked then redid the rest to make it geared towards Sullivan.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not bad at all, I think the app is only 3 pages long. The personal statement is similar to that of PharmCAS, so you can choose to use the same essay or make a new one. I just used bits and pieces from my PharmCAS essay that I really liked then redid the rest to make it geared towards Sullivan.

- How much was the application fee, and was there a supplemental app? Oh, and how did recommendations work? Thanks.

- How much was the application fee, and was there a supplemental app? Oh, and how did recommendations work? Thanks.

The specifics for the app is in the link below. The app fee is $100, there's no supplemental apps (just the main app on this page), and u need 2 letters of recs (there's a letter of rec form that ur recommenders need to send in along with ur recommendation, also on this page)

http://www.sullivan.edu/pharmacy/OSA-application_process.asp

Members don't see this ad :)
Also FYI to any of those who are applying or have applied and want to do the dual PharmD/MBA degree path, you will need to maintain a 3.5 GPA or above in pharmacy school to be allowed to get the dual degree. I know it doesn't say it on the website. I didn't know about this until I went to the interview process and they told us. But a 3.5 is doable with hard work and dedication!

Hey guys, I just got accepted in October. Don't give up!! I know that The committee meets once a month and I think they hold two rounds of interview every months, each interview session consist of around 22 students. I was told that they accepted everyone in the September round, which means in October there were about 70 seats left, and from the October round not everyone was accepted, so don't give up!! I think by doing the math there should still be at least bout 40 seats left, plus or minus. Good luck!

Congratulations on your acceptance! See you in July!

- All of this positive feedback I am reading about the school is making me want to apply here as well. The only thing is that I don't know much about Kentucky, and am kind of hesitant in applying due to that regard. Lol, can someone enlighten me a bit about what the state has to offer? Thanks :) .

I am over 1000 miles from Louisville. My mother lives about two hours from there. That's why I checked into them originally. Then after visiting my mother I drove there for a day and looked around. I loved it! It's friendly and laid back. I'm from a very laid back state. I didn't think it could get more laid back from that. Lol The city has a lot to offer! The state itself has a lot to offer. It's just too much to mention. But it's all really great stuff.
After I received my interview I stayed 3 extra days just to see the sights and apartment hunted. I was just amazed at how great the town was and it says a lot because I've either lived or been to ever state except 5.
I would suggest getting on the net and type in Louisville and just explore and if you can, go visit! Also, visit the school. Call Alyse up and tell her when you would like to visit. She is an awesome gal and ask her to send you info on the school. I'm sorry I'm babbling now. Lol

For those of you that have already been accepted for the class of 2016, have you received any communication from the school since you submitted your deposit?

No. But, I did call Alyse to ensure she received everything. She told me that she did receive every thing and not to expect to hear or receive any further info until.... I think she said January. I told her I'd try to be patient. Lol I sent my check about two weeks ago and it has not been cashed yet. But they do have it at least.

Sullivan offers a "refresher course" before school starts. Is anyone considering taking this course. I think it costs a couple hundred dollars not sure what the student told me. He said that it was a waste of time and all the materials they review the teacher goes over again in class once school starts. I'm leaning towards taking it so I don't fall behind in class, because many of these class, such as the organic chems and such I haven't had in about 4 years and really can't tell you what I learned from those classes lol. I may end up taking it, just as a review because I'm taking this year off (with the exception of taking microbio and microbio lab this spring to fulfill my pre-reqs) and I expect to be a little rusty once July comes lol. Any suggestions?

I am over 1000 miles from Louisville. My mother lives about two hours from there. That's why I checked into them originally. Then after visiting my mother I drove there for a day and looked around. I loved it! It's friendly and laid back. I'm from a very laid back state. I didn't think it could get more laid back from that. Lol The city has a lot to offer! The state itself has a lot to offer. It's just too much to mention. But it's all really great stuff.
After I received my interview I stayed 3 extra days just to see the sights and apartment hunted. I was just amazed at how great the town was and it says a lot because I've either lived or been to ever state except 5.
I would suggest getting on the net and type in Louisville and just explore and if you can, go visit! Also, visit the school. Call Alyse up and tell her when you would like to visit. She is an awesome gal and ask her to send you info on the school. I'm sorry I'm babbling now. Lol

- Lol, thanks for the advice.

Sullivan offers a "refresher course" before school starts. Is anyone considering taking this course. I think it costs a couple hundred dollars not sure what the student told me. He said that it was a waste of time and all the materials they review the teacher goes over again in class once school starts. I'm leaning towards taking it so I don't fall behind in class, because many of these class, such as the organic chems and such I haven't had in about 4 years and really can't tell you what I learned from those classes lol. I may end up taking it, just as a review because I'm taking this year off (with the exception of taking microbio and microbio lab this spring to fulfill my pre-reqs) and I expect to be a little rusty once July comes lol. Any suggestions?

Interesting... I haven't heard. I wonder when that starts? Im interested.

Interesting... I haven't heard. I wonder when that starts? Im interested.

Right after my interview I walked out and ran into a bunch of interviewees that were talking to a group of students, luckily I was there at the right moment to catch the last bit of the student talking about this refresher course. I'm not sure if they do it every year, that is something to ask the admissions about. I would like to take it so I don't feel behind compared to those who just took these course a year ago. I didn't take the PCAT either so I really haven't had a chance to review all fundamental materials. I may just buy a PCAT book and study out of that these next 8 months, if I feel like I know the stuff then I won't take the class.

Lol We hope you get in as well. You sound like a really nice person. I hope that you get a letter and we hear from you soon. :xf: We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Thank you!!!! =]

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't heard anything from Sullivan. Hoping and praying that I get a interview. Congratulations to everyone that got accepted. Hopefully I will be joining y'all and be y'all's classmate.

I still haven't heard anything from Sullivan. Hoping and praying that I get a interview. Congratulations to everyone that got accepted. Hopefully I will be joining y'all and be y'all's classmate.

Hey best of luck to you. Hopefully you get good news soon! If you have any questions about the interview process just let us know we will be happy to help u out!!

Right after my interview I walked out and ran into a bunch of interviewees that were talking to a group of students, luckily I was there at the right moment to catch the last bit of the student talking about this refresher course. I'm not sure if they do it every year, that is something to ask the admissions about. I would like to take it so I don't feel behind compared to those who just took these course a year ago. I didn't take the PCAT either so I really haven't had a chance to review all fundamental materials. I may just buy a PCAT book and study out of that these next 8 months, if I feel like I know the stuff then I won't take the class.

Yes I have the same fears. I will be doing the same thing. I have the PCAT study materials so I will be doing a lot of studying and review. I've been out for 5 years but I have tried to keep brushed up everything. Periodically I get out my Chem books and study them from yo back. I do that about every other year. Although I love chemistry most, Biology is my strongest suit (that and math).
Thank you for the info. You are a lot like myself. I keep my ears open to stay ahead of the game. Lol Good job! I just can not wait to meet all of you amazing people. :)

Don't get discouraged. I sent mine July 9th. I didn't hear back until about a month later when they said they were processing my app. Then Sept 7th I received an email saying I had an interview. So it was two months. You sent yours about the first week of October or last week of September. So it's been about a month. They should let you know soon that they are processing your app. And it could be another month before you hear about an interview. I know it feels like forever but don't worry. This seems to be the normal time frame. Keep your head up! :)

Yes I have the same fears. I will be doing the same thing. I have the PCAT study materials so I will be doing a lot of studying and review. I've been out for 5 years but I have tried to keep brushed up everything. Periodically I get out my Chem books and study them from yo back. I do that about every other year. Although I love chemistry most, Biology is my strongest suit (that and math).
Thank you for the info. You are a lot like myself. I keep my ears open to stay ahead of the game. Lol Good job! I just can not wait to meet all of you amazing people. :)

Lol yeah I know that this program is going to be demanding, and after looking at the curriculum for the previous classes it seems like we will be having 63-68 credit years, which is a lot of credits for one year lol. Also each quarter only lasts 11 weeks so that means we will be moving pretty fast through the materials. The worst thing that can happen is falling behind so if you can prevent that why not lol. But I think I will be taking that refresher course after all, just incase. I'm excited to all our future pharmacists also!! :D

Lol yeah I know that this program is going to be demanding, and after looking at the curriculum for the previous classes it seems like we will be having 63-68 credit years, which is a lot of credits for one year lol. Also each quarter only lasts 11 weeks so that means we will be moving pretty fast through the materials. The worst thing that can happen is falling behind so if you can prevent that why not lol. But I think I will be taking that refresher course after all, just incase. I'm excited to all our future pharmacists also!! :D

Yep 11 weeks then a break then 11 weeks and a break. It's quite a load but we can do it. :) We've been through rough times before. I'm right there with you. I want to take it also.

No. But, I did call Alyse to ensure she received everything. She told me that she did receive every thing and not to expect to hear or receive any further info until.... I think she said January. I told her I'd try to be patient. Lol I sent my check about two weeks ago and it has not been cashed yet. But they do have it at least.
Thanks! Being patient is definitely NOT my strong suit, but on the upside, July will be here before we know it :)

Hey best of luck to you. Hopefully you get good news soon! If you have any questions about the interview process just let us know we will be happy to help u out!!

Thank you very much. I really appreciate that.

Don't get discouraged. I sent mine July 9th. I didn't hear back until about a month later when they said they were processing my app. Then Sept 7th I received an email saying I had an interview. So it was two months. You sent yours about the first week of October or last week of September. So it's been about a month. They should let you know soon that they are processing your app. And it could be another month before you hear about an interview. I know it feels like forever but don't worry. This seems to be the normal time frame. Keep your head up! :)

Thank you very much. That makes me feel a lot better. I feel like I actually have a chance for getting a interview.

Thanks! Being patient is definitely NOT my strong suit, but on the upside, July will be here before we know it :)

I would assume the next time we hear back from Sullivan would be towards the end of the application cycle when all the seats are filled. This would also be the time when we have to get our financial aid stuff together. So I would assume sometime in January we will get an email from them.

Last edited:

Trust me! Mine neither! Lol Yes July will be here before we know it! Hang in there!!!

Thank you very much. That makes me feel a lot better. I feel like I actually have a chance for getting a interview.

You are quite welcome. :) Soon we will all be in school lost together. Lol At least through this forum I have realized that I will be attending school with some awesome people who are just as nervous about this as I am. :) It's great to have others to lean on. We're here for you!

You are quite welcome. :) Soon we will all be in school lost together. Lol At least through this forum I have realized that I will be attending school with some awesome people who are just as nervous about this as I am. :) It's great to have others to lean on. We're here for you!

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your kind words. Everyone that got accepted is so kind and nice. I would be very lucky and fortunate to have great classmates like y'all. I wish you all the best in pharmacy school. I never introduced myself, my name is Riz.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your kind words. Everyone that got accepted is so kind and nice. I would be very lucky and fortunate to have great classmates like y'all. I wish you all the best in pharmacy school. I never introduced myself, my name is Riz.

Well thank you Riz. :) I wish you all the best as well. I'm Chris. It's nice to meet you.

Does anyone have any information on how long it takes to hear a response once you get the "office of student affairs has begun processing your application" email?

Just a little anxious!!

Does anyone have any information on how long it takes to hear a response once you get the "office of student affairs has begun processing your application" email?

Just a little anxious!!

I don't remember exactly which order it went but I sent mine in July 9th. August 23rd I got an email saying my application was being reviewed by the committee. Sept 7th I got an email stating I had an interview in one week. So it was about a two month process. Then it was two weeks later that I received my acceptance letter. The Dean was out of town so we didn't get our acceptance as quickly as other groups. Other groups received them as quickly as a couple of days. Good luck! :luck::)

I'm wondering, how quickly should I get moved to Louisville. I'm a plan ahead kinda gal and don't want to wait until the last minute. Are there any current students out there who might give me some advice on that? I'd call Alyse but I hate the bother her if not needed. She's always a dear to answer any questions but I know she's so busy.

Guys I called Alyssa and she told me that there are very few seats left..........I have no idea what is ment by very few

any one have an interview with sullivan in november

Guys I called Alyssa and she told me that there are very few seats left..........I have no idea what is ment by very few

- This is true, I just called and spoke with the assistant dean. He said it would be better to just apply for Fall 2014 since by the time the application is processed the seats would be filled.

I'm wondering, how quickly should I get moved to Louisville. I'm a plan ahead kinda gal and don't want to wait until the last minute. Are there any current students out there who might give me some advice on that? I'd call Alyse but I hate the bother her if not needed. She's always a dear to answer any questions but I know she's so busy.

I'm wondering the same thing. Have you look into renting apartment yet?

I would think that there are few seats left since they started the interviewing process since July. I say it doesn't hurt to try because if they hold your application back, you can reactivate early for next year application pool and you'll get to be the first to get interview.

- This is true, I just called and spoke with the assistant dean. He said it would be better to just apply for Fall 2014 since by the time the application is processed the seats would be filled.

Well I guess that means I will not be getting a interview. Should have just saved my money and not applied, I don't know why I thought I had a chance for a interview, when I had sent my application in so late.

To everyone that got in, I wish you all the best in pharmacy school. Good Luck to you all.

To the people that are still applying and hoping to get accepted somewhere, Good Luck to you all. Hopefully we all get accepted into pharmacy school somewhere.

Very few seats also means we still have a chance. The last emailed I received was on oct 18th saying..my apps was sent to the committee!! When I called Alyse she told me that the committee was out and that we wont hear anything until november. I am hoping to hear something from them this week..either an interview or not getting in or something.

Very few seats also means we still have a chance. The last emailed I received was on oct 18th saying..my apps was sent to the committee!! When I called Alyse she told me that the committee was out and that we wont hear anything until november. I am hoping to hear something from them this week..either an interview or not getting in or something.

I called Alyse just now also. She told me that majority of the class has been filled for this upcoming year. And that by now if you have not received a interview then your application will be moved to the 2014 applications.

I am guessing that means by now if you haven't received a interview then it is highly unlikely that you will get a interview for this upcoming year. Sigh.

Just got to keep on applying to other schools, I guess.

I emailed her too and she said we will hear something before November ends!! This sucks!!

I guess we have to try our best to be optimistic. Whatever happens, happens. Everything happens for a reason.

Hey Pharmdremr!! I would consider many factors when deciding when is best for you to move. Since I don't know what your situation is I would say just to take everything into account things such as work and family. I am probably not going to move to Louisville until sometime in June, but am planning on visiting in May to find an apartment. I currently want to live at home to save money and would like to find a part-time/full-time job to pay off bills and have money aside for school. Also my brother and sister-in-law is expecting their second child so I would spend some time with them before I sell my life away lol.

Also does anyone know what apartments do the majority of SUCOP students decide to live at. I would like to get my own place, that is nice, reasonable in cost but still be near other students and the school.

I called Alyse just now also. She told me that majority of the class has been filled for this upcoming year. And that by now if you have not received a interview then your application will be moved to the 2014 applications.

I am guessing that means by now if you haven't received a interview then it is highly unlikely that you will get a interview for this upcoming year. Sigh.

Just got to keep on applying to other schools, I guess.

Can someone help me with this if you reopen your application do you have to pay again..............

Can someone help me with this if you reopen your application do you have to pay again..............

Hey, from what I heard no you do not have to pay again. All you do is reactivate your app and they will begin reviewing it, because your app has already been processed and all your paperwork are in, you do not need to update anything unless you have an updated transcript or CV you would like them to consider. You can reactivate your app as soon as April I think.

I don't think so because your application will be saved for the following year, you wouldn't have to pay again.

Hey Pharmdremr!! I would consider many factors when deciding when is best for you to move. Since I don't know what your situation is I would say just to take everything into account things such as work and family. I am probably not going to move to Louisville until sometime in June, but am planning on visiting in May to find an apartment. I currently want to live at home to save money and would like to find a part-time/full-time job to pay off bills and have money aside for school. Also my brother and sister-in-law is expecting their second child so I would spend some time with them before I sell my life away lol.

Also does anyone know what apartments do the majority of SUCOP students decide to live at. I would like to get my own place, that is nice, reasonable in cost but still be near other students and the school.

Wow Congratulations on the new baby coming. You definitely have to stay and enjoy that time. :)
I was thinking June also but want to take that refresher course if its offered. I wasn't sure if or when it's offered. I'm thinking of getting a second job temporarily to save up a little moving money as well.
I've been looking for an apartment as well. I'll pass on any good info if I find anything.

Well I guess that means I will not be getting a interview. Should have just saved my money and not applied, I don't know why I thought I had a chance for a interview, when I had sent my application in so late.

To everyone that got in, I wish you all the best in pharmacy school. Good Luck to you all.

To the people that are still applying and hoping to get accepted somewhere, Good Luck to you all. Hopefully we all get accepted into pharmacy school somewhere.

Oh no. I'm so sorry. I saw others who applied last year late who've said they were interviewed first group when application processed opened. So if you don't get in with another school this year you may have a great chance getting in for the 2017 class. Keep your head up. I hope to hear that you all get in next year or get on the alternate list this year. That would be great. Good luck to you. Thank you for the best wishes. :luck:

Wow Congratulations on the new baby coming. You definitely have to stay and enjoy that time. :)
I was thinking June also but want to take that refresher course if its offered. I wasn't sure if or when it's offered. I'm thinking of getting a second job temporarily to save up a little moving money as well.
I've been looking for an apartment as well. I'll pass on any good info if I find anything.

Thanks! Everyone in my family is excited/nervous because this is the first girl in our family for almost 2 generations. Needless to say my dad, brothers and I are trying to not panic lol. But I will also decide once there is a specific date and time frame set up for the refresher course. I think I heard the course is only 2 weeks long, but I may just be making that up so don't take my word for it lol. It's hard to decide what apartment complex is best when you're not there to see it so I will be going to Louisville some time in May for a couple days to check some places out. I'll also let you know if I come across a thread or any info that will help us out.

I'm wondering the same thing. Have you look into renting apartment yet?

I have checked into a couple but I have to go that direction soon so my spouse and I are going to check more out.

Thanks! Everyone in my family is excited/nervous because this is the first girl in our family for almost 2 generations. Needless to say my dad, brothers and I are trying to not panic lol. But I will also decide once there is a specific date and time frame set up for the refresher course. I think I heard the course is only 2 weeks long, but I may just be making that up so don't take my word for it lol. It's hard to decide what apartment complex is best when you're not there to see it so I will be going to Louisville some time in May for a couple days to check some places out. I'll also let you know if I come across a thread or any info that will help us out.

That girl is going to be rotten! Lol That's going to be a lot of fun.
About the apartment, cool! Ya pass on anything you find. Thank you. I'm hoping to there for a couple of days this month. I've looked at a couple when I was there for interview but I'm going to check out more. I'll let you know.