Summer Activites and AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elysium

Not Really An Old Beaver
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that it crucial to get all the AMCAS stuff in ASAP, but what if you're doing something in the summer that you want to be on your app?
I'm doing this study abroad thing that I want to go on there (and the hopefully good grades I make in the courses to be in my GPA) but I don't want to delay my application too much. I leave In mid June and return in late July. Any advice?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Go ahead and submit your app early. Just put the activities down on your AMCAS. If you know that you are definitely doing it, there should be no big deal. I think June is the earliest that you can submit it anyway. If you take summer courses, you can put those grades down also. AMCAS will not verify them or require a transcript for them. It is kind of on a honor system for summer courses. I know b/c I took summer courses and listed the grades without sending a summer transcript. Depending on when the summer session ends, you have to wait til you know your grade b4 you can list it. Again, no big deal. If you get your app in come early-mid summer, you are fine.

i dont really see what the problem is... just write down the activity as if you had already done it, and submit your AMCAS before you leave.

you do realize that you are going to have to hurry to return secondaries right? If you are gone all of July, you will probably come home to a big pile of apps, each requiring a buunch of essays. It is just as important to get these out ASAP. I would also recommend that you get your letters of rec. sent before you leave, most schools will hang on to them even if they haven't gotten your application yet.