Summer After P1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmB10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of questions on what to brush up on if you're an incoming P1, but what did you upper classmen brush up on the summer after your P1 year?

Did you study notes to stay current on everything you've learned in the past year or did you just go into second year with a general knowledge of it? Do they go over enough first year material in the second year to keep it fresh?

Members don't see this ad.

We had a practical experience (rotation) after our first year, and that lasted 1 month. As far as keeping up to date, you don't really have to study or anything, but don't drink so much you forget what you learned :D In all seriousness though, if you learned it well enough the first time, you should be OK. I usually hold on to my notes though, the second year seemed to build off a lot of basic info we got first year.

I kept my notes, but I did NOT go over them during the summer. I worked full-time, went on a couple of trips, and in general enjoyed myself. I did make sure to try and keep myself current on pharmacy news and new products.

I'm glad that I did it that way - it turns out that last summer was my last "free" summer.

P.S. I also didn't prepare for entering pharmacy school in any particular way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Enjoy your summers that you can. I did work so that I did not run in financial problems during this school year but I did not study.

I worked full-time in a pharmacy so didn't spend anytime going over P1 stuff. This summer, I may kind of start reviewing covered material in a NAPLEX review book or something. It won't, however, take over my summer.

I remembered stuff just from working over the summer. You'd be surprised at the things you remember when second year starts.

We had a practical experience (rotation) after our first year, and that lasted 1 month. As far as keeping up to date, you don't really have to study or anything, but don't drink so much you forget what you learned :D In all seriousness though, if you learned it well enough the first time, you should be OK. I usually hold on to my notes though, the second year seemed to build off a lot of basic info we got first year.

:thumbup: Not exactly the "just study which bars have the best happy hour," etc I was hoping for, but that sounds good... Sounds like most people don't do that much studying after first year. I will be working full time in a Walgreens internship so that should keep me pretty busy anyway.

Study + Summer = NOT ALLOWED.

Get a job, go outside and play, travel the world.