Summer Courses to take higher level courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

helpabrotherout

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK, so I've heard everyone say that taking medical school prerequisites during the summer at a CC or another institution is looked down upon, but do you think adcoms would mind me taking something like organic chem II in the summer at my home towns local college (not a community college, it's a 4 year institution) so that I could take biochem I and II the following year? Also, do you think they'd look down upon taking Genetics in summer school if I meet my bio requirements at my main school (genetics is super hard in my school and I'm mainly taking it to be prepared for the MCAT anyways).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I happen to go to a school where a lot of students from elsewhere take summer classes here. So yeah it's fine as long as your school will accept that credit.