Summer Job on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AH3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying this year and am working a summer job at a hospital. I start work about a week before I plan on submitting AMCAS and will be working the whole summer. I'd like to put this on my application since it's the only hospital work experience I have (I've got a lot of volunteering and shadowing, but no actual jobs until this). How should I put this on the application, or should I even bother? Thanks in advance for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Since you will technically be starting it before you submit the application, you should DEFINITELY include it in the activities section of AMCAS. Be sure that you are honest about the dates (i.e. describe your expected commitment, since it will be an ongoing activities), but also be brief about these details (no reason to draw too much attention to how new the activity is).

-admissions committee interviewer / senior medical student

i agree; you totally lucked out in terms of the start date! put it on there for sure. and tremulousNeedle is obvs totally right about how to go about doing that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the help- I'll definitely put it on there!

Thanks for the help- I'll definitely put it on there!

If you want to place extra emphasis on the job, you could also mention/reference it in your personal statement