Summer Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MLyons

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I might have a summer volunteer opportunity this summer at Mote Marine, which is an aquarium and research facility. I was just wondering if this would be something that would look good on my resume for Dental School or if it wouldn't be worth anything. I just thought that if I was able to participate in their research, even though it is with animals and the ocean, that it might be a good experience. Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

I think this would add extra dimension to your application and make you stand out from other applicants. If you didn't do it, what would you do instead? If you have something more dental-related, you might want to consider that instead. But, if not, working at an aquarium would be more interesting than working at a restaurant, etc.

that sounds like it would be a great experience that would help you grow and mature as a person. if you already (or will) have dental related experience, i think you should go for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I might have a summer volunteer opportunity this summer at Mote Marine, which is an aquarium and research facility. I was just wondering if this would be something that would look good on my resume for Dental School or if it wouldn't be worth anything. I just thought that if I was able to participate in their research, even though it is with animals and the ocean, that it might be a good experience. Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

Nothing is too random, and marine life job experience is better than nothing... assuming of course, you've finished your requisite shadowing hours for schools you are interested in.

Thanks for the advice. I figured it would have to count for something. If nothing else I guess it will broaden my knowledge and be a great experience!