MD & DO Summer Opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

modernfam

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am a high school graduate that also completed my Associate in Arts degree, does anyone have any suggestions for activities that can boost my resume as a pre-med student? I am planning to shadow a physician, but I'm sure other opportunities may aid my application.
So far on my resume I have the following:
GPA:3.59
SGPA: 3.3
Major: Biology
Job Experience:
Childcare Assistant (1 year)
- arts& crafts, lesson plans, tutor elementary/middle schools students on math and science
Research Experience:
Intern (1 year) at Research & Development Company
- (I plan to continue research in the fall at next institution)
Volunteer Experience:
Hospital (clinical)
-Transporter, trained volunteers, clerical services, aided courtyard and clinical research center (1.5 years)
American Chemical Society (1 year)
-Participated in outreaches for middle school students and speakers for different careers
Phi Theta Kappa (1 year)
-participated in roadside cleanups, community work
Key Club (2 years)
-Participated in community work, festivals, churches (I might participate in Kiwanis upon transferring to my next institution)

Also, since I feel like my resume lacks in clinical experience and I plan that I will get a 3.7 by the end of my junior year. I'm debating taking a gap year filled with clinical experience and possibly volunteering abroad or taking my time with my degree in Biology. What did you guys do?
Again sorry for the multiple questions, just need answers!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: