Summer Research Application and Acceptance Thread (SPUR, SURF, SURP, SIP, AMGEN, LA etc.) 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got rejected from JHU pulmonary and generation tmrw :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
congrats!! Be proud that you secured an REU and don’t worry what other people think, it’s difficult enough to get an REU anywhere. if I had to guess though, I would say it hasn’t been mentioned because mizzou might be a smaller school? (I’ve personally never heard of it). Regardless, who cares! Congrats!!
Ah okay, thanks!! Mizzou is apparently the common name for University of Missouri Columbia. They had a summer research internship for medical sciences so I applied. I’m super excited, but I hope the other programs get back to me before the deadline to accept.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone with their JHU SIP results today! If you get accepted and plan on attending, please reach out! I would love to get to know y'all -- especially if you are going GT! I will try to figure out how to open my messages....

If anyone applied to the JHU DSIP programs, have u heard when decisions will be released?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any Rockefeller SURF news?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I’m still waiting for a JH SIP program that I really want (public health) but I got into another program at Mizzou that wants my decision by tomorrow. I’ve already emailed the JH program with no response, and the Mizzou program manager told me they can’t extend the deadline for me. What do I do if I accept it and then I get into a different program? :(

Hey guys, I’m still waiting for a JH SIP program that I really want (public health) but I got into another program at Mizzou that wants my decision by tomorrow. I’ve already emailed the JH program with no response, and the Mizzou program manager told me they can’t extend the deadline for me. What do I do if I accept it and then I get into a different program? :(
That's super frustrating. Did you specifically email the DSIP division or just SIP? I would email both to maximize chances of getting a response. Also, do you know what time you have to respond to Mizzou? This is a tough position!!

That's super frustrating. Did you specifically email the DSIP division or just SIP? I would email both to maximize chances of getting a response. Also, do you know what time you have to respond to Mizzou? This is a tough position!!
I emailed DSIP and the program manager for it, but not SIP in general so I could try that. I’m not sure about the time of the deadline either, is it a good idea to ask? They’re a really small program so I don’t feel like it would be that hard of a deadline but who knows

I emailed DSIP and the program manager for it, but not SIP in general so I could try that. I’m not sure about the time of the deadline either, is it a good idea to ask? They’re a really small program so I don’t feel like it would be that hard of a deadline but who knows
If I were you I'd email SIP too just to be safe, maybe they have information that could help? As for asking for the deadline for the other program---I would start with expressing gratitude for being accepted, and then explain the situation and that you are in and ask if there is a specific time you can get back to them. If no one responds to you from DSIP by tonight though I would just accept the other offer. What do you think? I cant believe they still haven't released decisions though wow.

I heard back from baylor they called me....do you know if they defer acceptances based on circumstances cause of COVID pushed a lot of things back?

I heard back from baylor they called me....do you know if they defer acceptances based on circumstances cause of COVID pushed a lot of things back?
did they call and email you or just call?

Should i just accept the fellowship i have already received then? Acceptance is due tomorrow
Well, I don’t know.....Actually I have emailed Rockefeller yesterday and they said they were still in the process....So I were you, I would accept the offer I already had in a practical perspective......BTW, I have been rejected by MSKCC on 3.2. I think it’s strange that it took Rockefeller so long to announce the results this year......Gook luck to you

Still no DSIP response and no indication of when they'll be out :(((( losing hope at this point

If I were you I'd email SIP too just to be safe, maybe they have information that could help? As for asking for the deadline for the other program---I would start with expressing gratitude for being accepted, and then explain the situation and that you are in and ask if there is a specific time you can get back to them. If no one responds to you from DSIP by tonight though I would just accept the other offer. What do you think? I cant believe they still haven't released decisions though wow.
I accepted the Missouri internship because no one else was able to get back to me. I legitimately put a lot of passion into my DSIP app, so I’m going to die inside if I hear any good news from them :(. The good thing is I probably won’t have to worry about it

Last edited:
Did anyone else apply for the MGH Covid Corps biomedical summer internship? They said mid-march we'd hear decisions but I'm wondering if it's a silent rejection.

Hi!! Has anyone heard anything from CSHL or Rockefeller yet??? I’m so worried at this poin tbh...do they do silent rejections?

Hi!! Has anyone heard anything from CSHL or Rockefeller yet??? I’m so worried at this poin tbh...do they do silent rejections?
I want to ask about Rockefeller,too. Last Wednesday, I tried to contact them and they replied they were still in the process off app.....I don’t know if they are still in the process now....But they also said once they complete the app, they will notify us.....:(I guess they won’t make a silent rejection) So why do they take so long to review this year,March is going to end.....Anyone has received any notifications of Rockefeller??

Anyone know if Colorado, Tufts, or Upenn Biomedical SR-EIP extended all offers yet?

Hey all, this might a longshot but I was wondering if anyone here has applied to and/or heard back from Northwestern SynBREU?

Has anyone heard from Rockefeller? What on earth happen to them this year????It is going to be April......

Vanderbilt UCRIP offers were sent out last week, congrats to those who made it!! They said rejection emails/final decisions for everyone else will be sent in the next few days.

has anyone heard from the Penn programs like UCSP and USSP? It's been awhile since I last heard from them...
Received a reject from UCSP like a week or 2 ago lmao and yet to hear back from USSP

Just received acceptance to UAB SIBS. Unfortunately I have already accepted another offer.

Has anyone heard back from Brown or Yale for the Leadership Alliance?