Summer Research Application and Acceptance Thread (SPUR, SURF, SURP, SIP, AMGEN, LA etc.) 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh okay I probably didn’t see it! If you don’t mind, when was your completed application submitted? Also, have you heard about anyone getting in? Thank you!
I submitted my application one day before the deadline. I have not heard about anyone received a decision no

Members don't see this ad.

Is it safe to assume that if you haven’t been accepted to Baylor SMART by now you got rejected?
I don't think its a guaranteed rejection but I'm not feeling super good at this point ngl

Members don't see this ad :)
Got waitlisted at Umich FCVC-SURF (03/10)

Reactions: 1 user
VSSA sent an email saying that they're able to be in-person this summer and that they'll be sending out notifications in the next few weeks until April 15.

Rejected from UPenn SUIP.

What should I do if I don't get into any summer research programs this year?

Rejected from UPenn SUIP.

What should I do if I don't get into any summer research programs this year?
Aw i was also rejected :(

Maybe you could find some research to do at your university? That's my plan

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from any leadership alliance programs yet?

VSSA sent an email saying that they're able to be in-person this summer and that they'll be sending out notifications in the next few weeks until April 15.
They also stated that the program will be significantly smaller this year because some of their funding programs were uncomfortable with holding an in-person program.

Accepted to the University of Miami Miller Medical School SURF program!

Reactions: 4 users
Not sure if this is a rejection or they just haven't sent out the emails yet....ughhh I hate the waiting game
I emailed them today and here’s the automated response I got:

“We are experiencing technical issues with today’s scheduled SIP decision release. The problem may take up to 24 hours to fix. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We ask for you patience as we try to bring this to resolution as quickly as possible.”

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed them today and here’s the automated response I got:

“We are experiencing technical issues with today’s scheduled SIP decision release. The problem may take up to 24 hours to fix. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We ask for you patience as we try to bring this to resolution as quickly as possible.”
tysm for this update I would've been so confused the rest of the day hahaha

Anyone has heard back from Rockefeller??? This is the only one I have applied and it’s mid March already. Do they send rejections letters?😭😭😭😭😭

• Sad
Anyone has heard back from Rockefeller??? This is the only one I have applied and it’s mid March already. Do they send rejections letters?😭😭😭😭😭
Not yet!!! BTW, if you don’t mind telling me, when did you submit your application? Or when was it marked as “complete”? Thank you!

Has anyone heard from Stanford SSRP?
i emailed them yesterday and this was the response:
"Thank you for your email. We are still in the process of reviewing applications for SSRP 2021.
Decisions will be made throughout the month of March"

I havent heard anything back yet? Should I expect not to at this point?😅

I doubt the SIP is coming out today since it is 5pm EST right now and I feel like their office would be done

Hey guys!

I know that there are a ton of great summer research programs out there, but I just wanted to make a little shameless plug for our paid summer research program at Mayo in case anyone is still looking for a great hybrid clinical/research experience this summer. Note that this is a program unique to our department (Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery), funded through private funding, and different from the Mayo SURF program.

Check out the link below if you are interested: Department of Otorhinolaryngology - Otolaryngology Undergraduate Research Program

The deadline to apply is April 1st, I also posted a thread on SDN here if anyone has questions about it!

Hey guys!

I know that there are a ton of great summer research programs out there, but I just wanted to make a little shameless plug for our paid summer research program at Mayo in case anyone is still looking for a great hybrid clinical/research experience this summer. Note that this is a program unique to our department (Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery), funded through private funding, and different from the Mayo SURF program.

Check out the link below if you are interested: Department of Otorhinolaryngology - Otolaryngology Undergraduate Research Program

The deadline to apply is April 1st, I also posted a thread on SDN here if anyone has questions about it!

Not yet!!! BTW, if you don’t mind telling me, when did you submit your application? Or when was it marked as “complete”? Thank you!
Sure,I completed my application on 18/Ajn
, and still have not received anything. Do you know if they send rejection letters? Or do you have any friends receive any notifications???? I have tried to write to them to ask but nobody replies. I have heard that they release results at the beginning of March in the former years.

Sure,I completed my application on 18/Ajn
, and still have not received anything. Do you know if they send rejection letters? Or do you have any friends receive any notifications???? I have tried to write to them to ask but nobody replies. I have heard that they release results at the beginning of March in the former years.
18/Jan

Same day without Rockefeller notifications.....Anyone has heard back from it??? Waiting anxiously and check my mailbox million times already.......

Hi, I’m new to SDN. I applied to a program called SRIP at Mizzou and got invited, but I noticed that nobody here applied to it. Am I missing something? Like is it bad or not impressive or something?

Hi, I’m new to SDN. I applied to a program called SRIP at Mizzou and got invited, but I noticed that nobody here applied to it. Am I missing something? Like is it bad or not impressive or something?
congrats!! Be proud that you secured an REU and don’t worry what other people think, it’s difficult enough to get an REU anywhere. if I had to guess though, I would say it hasn’t been mentioned because mizzou might be a smaller school? (I’ve personally never heard of it). Regardless, who cares! Congrats!!

Reactions: 1 users
It doesn't matter where you go; it matters what you do! Congrats and do amazing things at your REU because location/school/program doesn't matter.

Fingers crossed they release JH Sip decisions today, and good luck to you all!

Again, anyone heard from Rockefeller! I just want them to release the final decision to end this agony!!!