summer research importance. dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atomsforpizza

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll have two summers of REU research before I apply to dental schools, I know they're always a plus, but if tons of other people do them as well, how big of a positive can they be?

Members don't see this ad.

I worked in a research lab for a couple years with several thousand hours and a publication, but none of the schools I interviewed at asked me about it...

I spent hundreds of hours on publications. They are not interested. Volunteer at a local clinic. Help the community instead.

Members don't see this ad :)
The main topic of my interveiw regarded my publications and field of research. I guess it depends on who is on the other side of the table.

I'll have two summers of REU research before I apply to dental schools, I know they're always a plus, but if tons of other people do them as well, how big of a positive can they be?

Research is not that important. Its ranked as one of the least important factors in a d-schools decision. It was never brought up during my interview and tons of people get in every year with zero research experience.

in b4 wired puts down research with a generalization describing his lack of it

oh wait..

The main topic of my interveiw regarded my publications and field of research. I guess it depends on who is on the other side of the table.

Predent, was this at the maryland interview???

IMO since research is not that important...if I were you, id just volunteer in an local hospital/nursing home/er/dental office instead

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk