Summer research programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SilverBandCry!

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any summer research programs for undergrads that are still accepting applications?

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt it very highly. I applied to several, and most were Feb or March. USC had it til April 3, that's the only post-March one I saw.

I got rejected everywhere :love:

juiceman311 said:
I doubt it very highly. I applied to several, and most were Feb or March. USC had it til April 3, that's the only post-March one I saw.

I got rejected everywhere :love:

Awesome! :thumbup: :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!

I'm very bitter towards programs of this nature. If they had accepted me SOMEWHERE we could have been BFF, but they didn't want me.

Go stick it then. :mad:

i feel as though a "would you sleep with your research director for summer research program" thread is necessary but that's just me.

masterMood said:
i feel as though a "would you sleep with your research director for summer research program" thread is necessary but that's just me.

That'd be weird.

Anyways, I didn't even want to do a summer program after I applied I was like..eh, I don't feel like advancing my brain anymore. I'm going to work full time as a Support Tech in the ICU at the hospital near my house. Connections :love:

anyone get into the travelers summer research program at weill cornell?

Anyone know of any Genetic Research groups conducted in any university?? i am trying to find something, but it's just wow too hard!!! someone help if thy knowest...

BTW, i tried some professors and they didnt know wtf i was talking about!! so im figuring people on SDN are more help...I HOPE!! :D

Here you go. Click on your discipline and it'll take you to a page full of REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) site. NSF REU SITES

If you are more medically inclined, I assume you are, here is the AAMC Great Group which consists of a bunch of medical schools and hosptials offering summer research positions AAMC Great Group SURP

I am a sophomore and applied to three programs, Mayo Clinic, Indiana University, and Vanderbilt University. I was accepted into both Indiana University's Cellular Biology and Molecular Genetics program and into Vanderilt University's Undergraduate Clinical Research Internship Program. I'll be heading to Vandy this summer :love:

Now the most painful part of this thread. Most, if not all, of the deadlines have past :oops: . Sorry, but at least you have all the links :)

~El Sol