SUNY Buffalo Waiting List!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Doctah said:
Im in the exact position. Any reason why you dont want to attend the DO schools?
Mainly DO schools that I am accepted to are too expensive. Which DO school did u get accepted to?

Members don't see this ad.

mdage said:
Mainly DO schools that I am accepted to are too expensive. Which DO school did u get accepted to?

I am currently enrolled at NYCOM, which works for me since it's close to my family, but am WL'd at 3 MD programs. The waiting is pure torture!!

Doctah said:
I am currently enrolled at NYCOM, which works for me since it's close to my family, but am WL'd at 3 MD programs. The waiting is pure torture!!
What a small world. I also am accepted to NYCOM, and it is not too far from my home. I am on the wait list on 3 SUNY MD schools and one DO school. Interesting.... :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
mdage said:
What a small world. I also am accepted to NYCOM, and it is not too far from my home. I am on the wait list on 3 SUNY MD schools and one DO school. Interesting.... :cool:

I am starting to regret not applying to any DO schools :(

I just wanted to let everyone know that they have progressed into the bottom of the middle 1/3 because I got accepted yesterday (5/31). I will probably be turning it down so at least one more person will be getting an acceptance soon. Stay positive everyone and best of luck! :)

ni5hit said:
I just wanted to let everyone know that they have progressed into the bottom of the middle 1/3 because I got accepted yesterday (5/31). I will probably be turning it down so at least one more person will be getting an acceptance soon. Stay positive everyone and best of luck! :)
:idea: That is definitely a good news!!!! Thank you ni5hit, and the best luck to you! :thumbup:

mdage said:
:idea: That is definitely a good news!!!! Thank you ni5hit, and the best luck to you! :thumbup:

Wow they are moving fast, that is awesome, maybe you will be getting his spot MDmage! good luck to all of us!!!!

lexlethal said:
Wow they are moving fast, that is awesome, maybe you will be getting his spot MDmage! good luck to all of us!!!!
Thank you lexlethal...I wish I could hear from MR. Rosso soon...But with my luck, I won't be suprised that I am at the bottom of the bottom 1/3. :(

Good Luck to all wait listers! :luck:

mdage said:
Thank you lexlethal...I wish I could hear from MR. Rosso soon...But with my luck, I won't be suprised that I am at the bottom of the bottom 1/3. :(

Good Luck to all wait listers! :luck:

I thought you said earlier that you are in the bottom of the middle third. :confused:

lexlethal said:
I thought you said earlier that you are in the bottom of the middle third. :confused:
My bad...what i meant was I was probably in the last person in bottom of middle 1/3

I just emailed Mr. Rosso regarding the waiting list.
He replied that they were still in the middle portion of middle third. Maybe ni5hit was bumped up to the middle portion after april 20th. Anyway we have to be patient... ... :luck:

mdage said:

Wow- what a coincidence! Other than Buffalo, which other SUNY's are you WL'd at? I'm prepping to attend NYCOM bc these WL's are killing me!

Doctah said:
Wow- what a coincidence! Other than Buffalo, which other SUNY's are you WL'd at? I'm prepping to attend NYCOM bc these WL's are killing me!
upstate and downstate. Do you live on long island?

Members don't see this ad :)
mdage said:
I just emailed Mr. Rosso regarding the waiting list.
He replied that they were still in the middle portion of middle third. Maybe ni5hit was bumped up to the middle portion after april 20th. Anyway we have to be patient... ... :luck:

Darn, so they are still in the middle part, another third to go untill they get to me I hate waiting for this.

lexlethal said:
Darn, so they are still in the middle part, another third to go untill they get to me I hate waiting for this.

I know...
I hate waiting too :(
Where are u from lexlethal?

lexlethal said:
I live in Brooklyn NY. How about you?
Queens NY. :laugh:
Did you apply to downstate?

mdage said:
Queens NY. :laugh:
Did you apply to downstate?

I did but they did not interview me :(

What Undergrad did you go?

lexlethal said:
I did but they did not interview me :(

What Undergrad did you go?
Stony Brook...You?

Any news today?

mdage said:
upstate and downstate. Do you live on long island?

no strong island here! i live in manhattan now, but i grew up in brooklyn. i hear the downstate WL moves really quickly, btw

Doctah said:
no strong island here! i live in manhattan now, but i grew up in brooklyn. i hear the downstate WL moves really quickly, btw
I am actually in their HOLD category....I am not really clear what it means.

mdage said:
I am actually in their HOLD category....I am not really clear what it means.

i assume you interviewed there? like buffalo, i think they may use "hold" to mean WL'd. good luck!

Doctah said:
i assume you interviewed there? like buffalo, i think they may use "hold" to mean WL'd. good luck!
Yeah I interviewed there in January. According to Admission office, they cannot make decision on people so they put them on that category. People in the hold category are going to be reviewed by the end of june. I don't know which is better their alternate list or hold category. Oh well...I am hoping Buffalo will move faster!

bump
A new week! Good luck to all the wait listers, including me! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Has anyone heard anything from Buffalo recently?

mdage, have you called Mr. Rosso for the latest WL movement yet? Good luck. :luck: :luck: I hope we'll be classmates.

dr_keki said:
mdage, have you called Mr. Rosso for the latest WL movement yet? Good luck. :luck: :luck: I hope we'll be classmates.
Thanks,dr_keki. I wrote him an email on June 1st. He told me they were still on the middle of 2/3. I felt that I bothered him too much, so I was hoping that someone had new information during these days. I really like Buffalo, and I hope I can join you guys in the fall.

I just got a letter saying to give various phone numbers to SUNY Buffalo.. I seriously doubt they will reach my spot though =(

styphon said:
I just got a letter saying to give various phone numbers to SUNY Buffalo.. I seriously doubt they will reach my spot though =(
I guess I should receive the same letter soon. I don't know how fast their waiting list is moving these days. It seems that nobody got accepted from waiting list this week yet. The slience is killing me...

mdage said:
I guess I should receive the same letter soon. I don't know how fast their waiting list is moving these days. It seems that nobody got accepted from waiting list this week yet. The slience is killing me...

A good friend of the family (who is now a child psychiatrist in NYC) got in the first week of school to Buffalo off the waitlist. It can be done! I think they're serious about those phone numbers, though. I heard you lose your spot if you don't get back to them within a half day.

girlsporty said:
A good friend of the family (who is now a child psychiatrist in NYC) got in the first week of school to Buffalo off the waitlist. It can be done! I think they're serious about those phone numbers, though. I heard you lose your spot if you don't get back to them within a half day.
thanx girlsporty. BTW I got the same letter for the list of phone numbers as well.

mdage said:
thanx girlsporty. BTW I got the same letter for the list of phone numbers as well.

Hey, it's all good. I hope to join the UB med class of 2011!

mdage said:

hi everyone, i got the same letter a couple of days ago too. i noticed that the letter said that they're gonna start looking at the list (or at list the bottom third, since they're obviously already starting looking at the list) on June 19......so maybe ppl won't be hearing until then?

You're not a 'terrible applicant'. Your GPA is a little low, but you went to a fine undergrad school and I know that Buffalo takes that into consideration. Hope for an OK MCAT score, and for godsake don't send in all your 2ndaries until you get your score back and know your chances. Sheesh, that's $100 each!

Kriyaban said:
Suny Buffalo is my first choice for entering 2007. Any advice you guys have on getting an interview/doing well etc.? Things you wish you did or talked about?
I agree that your GPA is not terrible and having two degrees, from two highly reputable schools no less, will work in your favor. However, your clinical experiences are sorely lacking. Aside from your volunteer work in high school, which really isn't an appropriate EC to add to your application, most of your activities seem to be in the realm of IT. Why do you want to enter medicine in the first place? If you can't think of a good answer, then you may want to reconsider your options.

Hey, you asked for brutal honesty.

anyone feel like they are being teased by the admissions office...they added me to listserv for the incoming class!!!!!!

i don't want to get my hopes up...but come on, this isn't helping!

Doctah said:
anyone feel like they are being teased by the admissions office...they added me to listserv for the incoming class!!!!!!

Would they do that without accepting you? :confused:

Doctah said:

I would say give admissions a call. If you're getting all of the e-mails, I think it's a sign that you're in!

SwineLake98 said:
I would say give admissions a call. If you're getting all of the e-mails, I think it's a sign that you're in!

I just checked my status and called the office- I'm in!!!!!!!!!!

Doctah said:
I just checked my status and called the office- I'm in!!!!!!!!!!

congratulations doctah! how bizarrely did you find that out lol

does this help us with an idea of how far down teh list they are?

persianrug said:
congratulations doctah! how bizarrely did you find that out lol

does this help us with an idea of how far down teh list they are?

thanks guys!!! everyone has been so helpful and supportive-it's very comforting.

after i received the first "on hold" letter in late march, i was told i was in the bottom third, but i never found out what my final standing was once interviews were complete.