SUNY Buffalo Waiting List!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,

Just found out that I got in too :) ....and i was in the bottom third of the middle third...however, I did get into my in-state school recently.. soo I will be withdrawing...and there will be alteast one more spot open for one of you guys...good luck :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :D

Members don't see this ad.

DocMD85 said:
Hey guys,

Just found out that I got in too :) ....and i was in the bottom third of the middle third...however, I did get into my in-state school recently.. soo I will be withdrawing...and there will be alteast one more spot open for one of you guys...good luck :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :D

Congrat to Doctah and DocMD85!

i just called the admissions office, and they told me that they were currently in the middle third of the waitlist. i'm in the bottom third, but when i asked them if they could tell me what portion of the bottom third i was in, mr. rosso said that they don't give students that information. how did you guys find out what part of which third you're in?

Members don't see this ad :)
persianrug said:
i just called the admissions office, and they told me that they were currently in the middle third of the waitlist. i'm in the bottom third, but when i asked them if they could tell me what portion of the bottom third i was in, mr. rosso said that they don't give students that information. how did you guys find out what part of which third you're in?
Hmm that is very weird....maybe he misunderstood your question? :confused:

mdage said:
Hmm that is very weird....maybe he misunderstood your question? :confused:

mmm....i don't think he misunderstood it, because when i asked him, he specifically said that we tell you what third you're in, but we can't tell you what section in that third.

well, i guess it doesn't really matter, because there's not much i can do about my position anyway.

persianrug said:
mmm....i don't think he misunderstood it, because when i asked him, he specifically said that we tell you what third you're in, but we can't tell you what section in that third.

well, i guess it doesn't really matter, because there's not much i can do about my position anyway.
I just called Mr. Rosso...he told me the same thing. They are on the middle third. And he was told me that they used to tell us which portion of the third we are in. But it has been very confusing, so they stop doing that.
On June 19th, next monday, they are going to call people who are accepted from the waitlist. I am going to update my phone number list to add as many numbers as possible. :luck:

mdage said:
I just called Mr. Rosso...he told me the same thing. They are on the middle third. And he was told me that they used to tell us which portion of the third we are in. But it has been very confusing, so they stop doing that.
On June 19th, next monday, they are going to call people who are accepted from the waitlist. I am going to update my phone number list to add as many numbers as possible. :luck:

so does this mean that they haven't called anyone yet? i mean, at what point did they stop, maybe the end of the middle third?

persianrug said:
so does this mean that they haven't called anyone yet? i mean, at what point did they stop, maybe the end of the middle third?
just for clarification, they don't start calling people because they have reached a certain point on the waitlist, they start calling people because they have reached a certain day on the calendar. they just start with whoever is tops on the list and give them a call. if no answer at all of their numbers, they move on person #2. it's basically a tool to move through the list more efficiently. for instance, if they get through to someone who says, no thanks, they don't have to waste time, they can just move on to the next person. it's an unforgiving system, though...don't turn off your cell phones, ever!

Supercluster said:
just for clarification, they don't start calling people because they have reached a certain point on the waitlist, they start calling people because they have reached a certain day on the calendar. they just start with whoever is tops on the list and give them a call. if no answer at all of their numbers, they move on person #2. it's basically a tool to move through the list more efficiently. for instance, if they get through to someone who says, no thanks, they don't have to waste time, they can just move on to the next person. it's an unforgiving system, though...don't turn off your cell phones, ever!
Thanks Supercluster. One more thing, Mr. Rosso also told me that they were not going to leave message on your voice mail. If they cannot get a live person on the phone they move to the next phone number we provide. So make sure that we provide as many numbers as possible. From monday I will just surround myself with all the phones and I am not going anywhere without my cell phone! :smuggrin:

Supercluster said:

thanks for the info supercluster. but what you've said has brought up another question. as you say, they start calling ppl on teh list when they reach a certain day on teh calendar. that day, according to the letter i/we got was june 19. however, i've read on this forum that other people have already been accepted off the waitlist. moreover, when i called the office, mr. rosso told me that they were in the middle third of the list. so that means that they've already started calling ppl, and have progressed quite far into the list. so then what was the june 19 date referring to? i'm a bit confused about that.

I am also a little bit confused by the letter. Does the letter mean that they have only now completely filled their class, or was it filled before and from now on they will only call and no longer email people. Also I noticed earlier that someone said that they were accepted and were in the bottom third of the middle third of the waiting list. I am wondering if someone else can confirm this.

I am also wondering, how this years list is moving compared to previous years lists. Is it ahead of the list which went deep into the bottom third or is it begging to lag behind?

persianrug said:
thanks for the info supercluster. but what you've said has brought up another question. as you say, they start calling ppl on teh list when they reach a certain day on teh calendar. that day, according to the letter i/we got was june 19. however, i've read on this forum that other people have already been accepted off the waitlist. moreover, when i called the office, mr. rosso told me that they were in the middle third of the list. so that means that they've already started calling ppl, and have progressed quite far into the list. so then what was the june 19 date referring to? i'm a bit confused about that.
While they have accepted a lot of people off the list so far, all of those people received a letter in the mail and an update on the internet, not a phone call. Because time's ticking away, Buffalo chooses an arbitrary day (June 19th) to stop mailing acceptances and start calling accepted students. Once that day hits, you MUST answer your phone (or your proxy must answer) and get back to them ASAP or you lose your seat. Is that clear now? Lemme know :)

lexlethal said:
I am also a little bit confused by the letter. Does the letter mean that they have only now completely filled their class, or was it filled before and from now on they will only call and no longer email people. Also I noticed earlier that someone said that they were accepted and were in the bottom third of the middle third of the waiting list. I am wondering if someone else can confirm this.

I am also wondering, how this years list is moving compared to previous years lists. Is it ahead of the list which went deep into the bottom third or is it begging to lag behind?
FYI, they are slightly ahead of the pace from last year. Last year they started calling people when they were still in the middle of the middle (I know because I was one of those people) :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Supercluster said:
FYI, they are slightly ahead of the pace from last year. Last year they started calling people when they were still in the middle of the middle (I know because I was one of those people) :thumbup:

Thanks for replying.

do you know anyone who was accepted from the middle of the bottom third of the waitlist?

Supercluster said:
While they have accepted a lot of people off the list so far, all of those people received a letter in the mail and an update on the internet, not a phone call. Because time's ticking away, Buffalo chooses an arbitrary day (June 19th) to stop mailing acceptances and start calling accepted students. Once that day hits, you MUST answer your phone (or your proxy must answer) and get back to them ASAP or you lose your seat. Is that clear now? Lemme know :)

got it :)

lexlethal said:
Thanks for replying.

do you know anyone who was accepted from the middle of the bottom third of the waitlist?
That's right around where the list terminated last year...they took most of the top of the bottom third, but I'm not sure if they ever reached the middle. Best of luck :luck:

I know this may sound silly....but did anyone get phone call today?
I am so obsessed. :oops:

mdage said:
I know this may sound silly....but did anyone get phone call today?
I am so obsessed. :oops:

haha i think we've all been wondering the same thing. no worries :)

i'm still waiting.

lexlethal said:
Bump....News...Calls....anything :confused:
My cell phone has never been this quiet... ... I guess my friends stop calling because everytime when i pick up I try to hang up as soon as I can. :scared:

Yesterday I received the phone call from Mr. Rosso...I am in!!! I was in the bottom of the middle third. I think this year the wait list is moving faster than last year. Good Luck to all people who are waiting :luck: Don't give up the hope yet!!!

mdage said:
Yesterday I received the phone call from Mr. Rosso...I am in!!! I was in the bottom of the middle third. I think this year the wait list is moving faster than last year. Good Luck to all people who are waiting :luck: Don't give up the hope yet!!!

CONGRATSSS!!!! :) :) :) :) :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

I guess I will have to keep this forum alive now.

lexlethal said:
I guess I will have to keep this forum alive now.
Thanks! If i hear anything I will keep posting! Good luck to you!

Anyone here who is in the top of the bottom third?

mdage said:

Congrats!

mdage said:
I'm glad that 1) you're going to be in our class in August and 2) you can now do something other than be paranoid about the waitlist :p
Congrats!

lexlethal said:
Anyone here who is in the top of the bottom third?

i'm in the bottom third, but they wouldn't tell me which portion.....how do they decide which part of the third to put you in?

persianrug said:
i'm in the bottom third, but they wouldn't tell me which portion.....how do they decide which part of the third to put you in?

By your average committee vote

just for all of you guys who are waiting, i called mr. rosso today to find out their progress on teh waitlist, and apparently they're still in the middle third.

persianrug said:
just for all of you guys who are waiting, i called mr. rosso today to find out their progress on teh waitlist, and apparently they're still in the middle third.

Thanks for the update!

what's goin on, no one's gotten any phone calls lately?

styphon said:
Ahhh.. I feel hopeless, damn bottom 1/3.

has anyone called the office this week to find out what the progress is?

ahhh why is the forum so dead, where is everyone?

persianrug said:
ahhh why is the forum so dead, where is everyone?

I am not going to call again until mid July.. I think I bother him too much anyways, considering my very slim chances =p

i couldn't resist: i called teh office again to find out how far they are......still middle third :-/

persianrug said:
i couldn't resist: i called teh office again to find out how far they are......still middle third :-/

Just got in yesterday 7/5/06 by phone call. Just so everyone knows the list is still moving. Ill be attending and giving up an nymc spot if anyone is waiting for one of those. Good luck to all.

nontradwaitlist said:
Just got in yesterday 7/5/06 by phone call. Just so everyone knows the list is still moving. Ill be attending and giving up an nymc spot if anyone is waiting for one of those. Good luck to all.

hi, thanks for hte info, and congratulations :) were you in the middle third of the list?

I got the phone call today for admission. kinda surprising considering I was in the bottom of bottom 1/3rd. I will be going to UB. When does the classes begin? When's the orientation?
I am excited!! can't wait to start.
:D
Good luck to everyone who's waiting.

P0310 said:
I got the phone call today for admission. kinda surprising considering I was in the bottom of bottom 1/3rd. I will be going to UB. When does the classes begin? When's the orientation?

the bottom of the bottom third?! that is odd.....howcome they told me today that they were still in the middle third?

P0310 said:
Orientation starts -- Aug 7
Medicine and Society -- Aug 10-11, whie coat ceremony aug 11
Fundamentals, Gross, and CPM -- Aug 14 (aka - real classes)

P0310 said:

Congrats, P0310!! That's wonderful! :)
Just out of curiosity, when did you interview at UB? Are u a Buffalo resident? And were you surprised to get in off the waiting list?