Program-Specific Info / Q's SUNY downstate admissions OT FALL 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh! Let me be more clear re: the hours question; meaning, do you recall what time your classes started and ended? I’m curious if it varies every year

Hi! Here is the website where you can access class information for the summer:

myDownstate | Academic Portal

I received this link through an email about my financial aid/awards information. You can log into Banner self-service with the same log in info you use for admissions checklist. I am not sure how accurate this may be, but at least you get an idea :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, hope everything's going well :). So for my year, the schedule was rather hectic, because the person teaching us was still in medical school (LOL). Amazing teacher tho. Because his schedule was a bit unpredictable, ours would literally change every week, so there was no real consistency. For the most part we normally had 1 day off at some point between mon-fri. There's technically "2" classes that you have, but Gross Anatomy is really like 3 classes: lecture, cadaver lab, and palpation (where you have to feel a large variety of bones/muscles/body landmarks) on your classmates. (if you don't like being touched, this might be a weird experience LOL). So in a typical week we'd have 1 day where we had just Foundations class (which is easy), one day where we had lecture + palpation (maybe a 4 hour day), and 2 days where we'd have lecture and lab (also about 4-5 hours).

It's tough, but definitely doable! Especially since you're going to have a lot of time that semester to study. It's a lot of material, but the cadaver lab, as scary as it might sound, is really a miraculous way to learn, and by the end of the semester you're gonna feel really accomplished about how much you know.

To prepare, STUDY the names of all the muscles you learned as an undergrad. I didn't do that, and the beginning part of the semester was STRESS!!!!!!full! A lot of that was my fault though, and not everyone found it as difficult as I did. If you at least know the names of the muscle and where they are, everything else will fall into place, and you'll be able to learn at a steady pace. You might also want to review the names of the bones, and the boney landmarks (including the parts of the vertebrae). The first test is the most difficult, and then after that everything gets easier.

Thank you so much for the advice! What study materials would you recommend we use? (ex: textbook used in OT grad school class, any specific types of flashcards, etc.)

Hi! Here is the website where you can access class information for the summer:

myDownstate | Academic Portal

I received this link through an email about my financial aid/awards information. You can log into Banner self-service with the same log in info you use for admissions checklist. I am not sure how accurate this may be, but at least you get an idea :)

Hi there! Thanks so much for passing this info along! I tried logging in and it says I don't have access to it :( Would you be able to DM me what it says or how it looks like? I greatly appreciate it. Congrats on the financial aid awards! Was there a particular deadline for that? I can only find the 2016 information date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I remember that annoying spelunker thing LOL! Make sure that you take the Hep B vaccine! On the paper there's an "option" to pass it, but it's a lie; they'll just tell you that the option if only for professions that aren't working as medical/rehab clinicians. I remember being worried about having to get that at the last second. Honestly though, once you're in, you're in - don't led the deadline stress you out (though try to get everything done in time, of course)

WOW! Full time work. There are sOmE people who work full time... like 1 or 2 in my yeat perhaps. Idk how anyone could do that. There's only 1 person I know in the 2nd year who works fulltime, but he goes to school part time, and said that it's still crazy LOL.

The first day of class for us was an oddity, cuz the way the scheduled worked it happened to be a 3 hour lecture class, and I assumed each class during the week was that long. So it was a LOT of info, and I ussed I'd have to learn a weeks worth in info like that every couple of days. I don't remember exact times, but usually the lecture classes were an hour, or sometimes 2 hours. The first test is also the most difficult because u don't know how the professor creates his tests yet, so it's hard to figure out ur study strategy.

Oooh. Mmm, it might depend on the year. Typically classes here usually start at 10, and sometimes 9. SO the fll legth depends on the day, but you might go in from 9-1 on some days, 10-1 on others, etc.

Thank you so much for the advice! What study materials would you recommend we use? (ex: textbook used in OT grad school class, any specific types of flashcards, etc.)
You're gonna learn about this later from the 2nd years, but for the summer semester, there's only 2 books u need. Willard and Spakman's Occupational Therapy (buy the newest edition) - this has been described as our "bible," and u're gonna use it every semester in multiple classes. The other book is the Palpation book. Don't buy any of the other books!!!! They're a waste of money, and we have online copies that we're going to send to you.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi there! Thanks so much for passing this info along! I tried logging in and it says I don't have access to it :( Would you be able to DM me what it says or how it looks like? I greatly appreciate it. Congrats on the financial aid awards! Was there a particular deadline for that? I can only find the 2016 information date.

Yes sure :)

Hi There! anyone here that applied for the summer semester and hasn't heard back yet? does not hearing back mean an automatic rejection or they notify the applicants through other means ?

You're gonna learn about this later from the 2nd years, but for the summer semester, there's only 2 books u need. Willard and Spakman's Occupational Therapy (buy the newest edition) - this has been described as our "bible," and u're gonna use it every semester in multiple classes. The other book is the Palpation book. Don't buy any of the other books!!!! They're a waste of money, and we have online copies that we're going to send to you.

Hey there!! Thank you SOOOO much for such a detailed response. It always warms my heart to genuinely hear back from passionate, helpful and kind individuals like yourself! I’m sure you’re doing amazing in your classes. You’ve given a lot of helpful tips and I definitely will keep in mind to get those two particular books!! I received the reminder email regarding orientation. How was that day like? I see it starts at 8am!

Hi There! anyone here that applied for the summer semester and hasn't heard back yet? does not hearing back mean an automatic rejection or they notify the applicants through other means ?

I applied for the summer semester and haven’t heard anything at all yet. I am assuming at this point its just a no but I wish they would just let us know if thats the case.

Hey, hope everything's going well :). So for my year, the schedule was rather hectic, because the person teaching us was still in medical school (LOL). Amazing teacher tho. Because his schedule was a bit unpredictable, ours would literally change every week, so there was no real consistency. For the most part we normally had 1 day off at some point between mon-fri. There's technically "2" classes that you have, but Gross Anatomy is really like 3 classes: lecture, cadaver lab, and palpation (where you have to feel a large variety of bones/muscles/body landmarks) on your classmates. (if you don't like being touched, this might be a weird experience LOL). So in a typical week we'd have 1 day where we had just Foundations class (which is easy), one day where we had lecture + palpation (maybe a 4 hour day), and 2 days where we'd have lecture and lab (also about 4-5 hours).

It's tough, but definitely doable! Especially since you're going to have a lot of time that semester to study. It's a lot of material, but the cadaver lab, as scary as it might sound, is really a miraculous way to learn, and by the end of the semester you're gonna feel really accomplished about how much you know.

To prepare, STUDY the names of all the muscles you learned as an undergrad. I didn't do that, and the beginning part of the semester was STRESS!!!!!!full! A lot of that was my fault though, and not everyone found it as difficult as I did. If you at least know the names of the muscle and where they are, everything else will fall into place, and you'll be able to learn at a steady pace. You might also want to review the names of the bones, and the boney landmarks (including the parts of the vertebrae). The first test is the most difficult, and then after that everything gets easier.
Thank you soo much for this info. I was getting nervous about not knowing how to prepare since i kept hearing it's intense.

I was first asked to read an article and answer some questions based on it. Then the interview process was pretty straight forward. I was asked why I was interested in OT, about my volunteer experiences, how I handle stress, my organizational skills for balancing school and life, stuff like that. Good luck!!
Thank you so much for your response! I am so grateful for any insight into the interview process to feel more prepared and ready to show who I am and my passion for OT in a way that can come off professionally. I had my interview yesterday and I think it went great! Everyone I met in person and here (the other students writing back) have been so kind and helpful. The two strongest natural characteristics I think anyone would want in their Occupational Therapist.

I found out that they try to give as many interviews as possible because they really do care about having the opportunity to meet you in person and see if there are any missing links between who you are in person vs who you are on paper.

Best of luck to all who are still waiting to hear back and to those who have been accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I'm a 1st year Downstate OT student. I remember reading through these forums voraciously last year when I was applying hoping for the best, and was really happy when a 1st year student last year chimed in to talk. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask here, and I'll try to get back to you. Congrats to those that got it!!!! Good luck to those still waiting; they're still interviewing people, and some of the students in my year got in at the last second (or after being put on a waiting list), so it can still happen!!! Good luck to you guys, and I'm sending out positive vibes and love.

WOW Thank you so much for all your insight and support into the life of a student having gone through the application process and now in school after having been accepted. It is so thoughtful of you to take the time to respond to us all with your wisdom (and im sure lack of time) with all the studying you must be doing.

I went to an information session last year and had the pleasure of meeting a few current students at the time who took their own time our of their busy schedules to stick around and talk to those who were interested and passionate about the program. That shows true dedication to the lifetime profession of being a kind, caring, considerate, and supportive therapist and human being.

I wish you the best in your studies, that your mind may be open to receive and retain all the information you can and your body stay healthy to keep going strong! Your on your path to being an OT and helping this world!!!! That's some strong motivation right there!

Hey there!! Thank you SOOOO much for such a detailed response. It always warms my heart to genuinely hear back from passionate, helpful and kind individuals like yourself! I’m sure you’re doing amazing in your classes. You’ve given a lot of helpful tips and I definitely will keep in mind to get those two particular books!! I received the reminder email regarding orientation. How was that day like? I see it starts at 8am!
LOL @ doing "amazing" in all classes. We'll see how this semester goes... the Spring semester is pretty rough (albeit, very interesting), but also the hardest semester.

I remember the orientation being early LOL. Or at least I think I do; seems like along time now. Basically you go in, the chairperson and professor Pagpatan talks to you and tells you about the program, and then 2nd years students will show you around the building and give you advice and full you in on their experiences; it's a nice experience. I'll probably volunteer to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also I should add that, the good thing about a masters program in OT is that as long as you get a B, your grades don't really matter (which staff will remind you of frequently). Obviously try your hardest to get the best grade, but unlike undergrad, you don't have to stress out if you're not perfect.

Thank you so much for your response! I am so grateful for any insight into the interview process to feel more prepared and ready to show who I am and my passion for OT in a way that can come off professionally. I had my interview yesterday and I think it went great! Everyone I met in person and here (the other students writing back) have been so kind and helpful. The two strongest natural characteristics I think anyone would want in their Occupational Therapist.

I found out that they try to give as many interviews as possible because they really do care about having the opportunity to meet you in person and see if there are any missing links between who you are in person vs who you are on paper.

Best of luck to all who are still waiting to hear back and to those who have been accepted!
Wow congrats! Who interviewed you?

WOW Thank you so much for all your insight and support into the life of a student having gone through the application process and now in school after having been accepted. It is so thoughtful of you to take the time to respond to us all with your wisdom (and im sure lack of time) with all the studying you must be doing.

I went to an information session last year and had the pleasure of meeting a few current students at the time who took their own time our of their busy schedules to stick around and talk to those who were interested and passionate about the program. That shows true dedication to the lifetime profession of being a kind, caring, considerate, and supportive therapist and human being.

I wish you the best in your studies, that your mind may be open to receive and retain all the information you can and your body stay healthy to keep going strong! Your on your path to being an OT and helping this world!!!! That's some strong motivation right there!
Lack of time, definitely LOL. Thank you so much, and good luck to you in the future :D.

Lack of time, definitely LOL. Thank you so much, and good luck to you in the future :D.
Mr. Pagpatan did my interview!

i also GOT ACCEPTED TODAY INTO THE PROGRAM! I am so overjoyed and so grateful again to those here giving advice and sharing their experiences. I can tell SUNy Downstate is a special place that really picks special people to be in their program.

I havn't gotten any notice about an orientation though yet. Has anyone else?

i also GOT ACCEPTED TODAY INTO THE PROGRAM! I am so overjoyed and so grateful again to those here giving advice and sharing their experiences. I can tell SUNy Downstate is a special place that really picks special people to be in their program.

Hi, so happy for you! Don’t mind me asking, when did you apply, st what point did you hear back from them initially, when was your interview scheduled for etc?

Thanks!

So I'm friends with a 1st year and according to that person -- Downstate is a mess. The old head retired like 2 years ago and the program has declined. They also seem to give priority to early submits -- which they say they don't. I was accepted to NYU, Columbia, and Seton Hall but not even an interview with Downstate (which I find interesting and fishy). I also have tried to reach the head of the department and gotten ZERO help, which is unprofessional at best. It seems they review apps, interview, accept instead of look at ALL, interview TOP choices, accept VERY top choices. So it's possible you might be a better applicant but if they filled the program (about 30-34 students, 1x a year), they can't revoke an invite so they just stop looking at applications.

Also, my friend said it's a complete MESS and the classes and program is a **** show and you basically teach yourself everything. They have heard from other students that if you can afford to do another school with loans, you should. Overall...after visiting 2 years ago I liked it, the visit 1 year ago I liked it less, and now I think I dodged a bullet with this school. It's affordable though.

Good luck to all existing students and new students.

I haven't gotten any notice about an orientation though yet. Has anyone else?
Oh I had him interview me too. I was really nervous going into it, but once we started I knew I'd get it. Congrats on you acceptance :).

Last edited:
I was placed on the alternate list on 2/5 and got accepted to the program yesterday! I am overjoyed as Downstate is my first choice program!
For those who plan to apply to Downstate in the future and are placed on the wait list: try to submit your health documents as soon as possible - I think that might have helped speed up the acceptance process for me. Good luck to everyone!

I was placed on the alternate list on 2/5 and got accepted to the program yesterday! I am overjoyed as Downstate is my first choice program!
For those who plan to apply to Downstate in the future and are placed on the wait list: try to submit your health documents as soon as possible - I think that might have helped speed up the acceptance process for me. Good luck to everyone!
That's amazing, congrats! One of the best/knowledgeable students in our year was originally put in the wait-list too, and thankfully she got in because she's amazing. See you over the summer.

So I'm friends with a 1st year and according to that person -- Downstate is a mess. The old head retired like 2 years ago and the program has declined. They also seem to give priority to early submits -- which they say they don't. I was accepted to NYU, Columbia, and Seton Hall but not even an interview with Downstate (which I find interesting and fishy). I also have tried to reach the head of the department and gotten ZERO help, which is unprofessional at best. It seems they review apps, interview, accept instead of look at ALL, interview TOP choices, accept VERY top choices. So it's possible you might be a better applicant but if they filled the program (about 30-34 students, 1x a year), they can't revoke an invite so they just stop looking at applications.

Also, my friend said it's a complete MESS and the classes and program is a **** show and you basically teach yourself everything. They have heard from other students that if you can afford to do another school with loans, you should. Overall...after visiting 2 years ago I liked it, the visit 1 year ago I liked it less, and now I think I dodged a bullet with this school. It's affordable though.

Good luck to all existing students and new students.
It's definitely a program that puts you through the runs and forces you to pick yourself up and keep going. We also take about 30 more credits compared to every other OT program, and all of it is completed in a 2 year period; but with that being said, it's still totally worth it, and once you finish the classes you're really proud of your accomplishments, and feel amazed at how much you know. Most of the difficulties are also only applicable within the first year, and in the 2nd year (when you take actual clinical-based OT classes) everything's supposed to be "smooth sailing" - or at least that's how it was described to me. When I was first starting out a 2nd year student told me about how she was also frustrated at the way things went, but was thankful at the end once it was over, because she felt really well prepared for the future. In the long run of things, it's definitely doable, and totally worth it. Congratulations on the outstanding schools you got into!

Last edited:
I haven’t heard back yet anything (neither rejection nor waitlist). Does not hearing back at all automatically mean a rejection or does SUNY notify their applicants if they’re are rejected etc.?

I haven’t heard back yet anything (neither rejection nor waitlist). Does not hearing back at all automatically mean a rejection or does SUNY notify their applicants if they’re are rejected etc.?
I was one of the first people interviewed in my year and it took me a while to hear back. Not hearing doesn't mean anything (assuming u've been interviewed).

Congratulations on your acceptance!!! Isn't the feeling amazing? I'm very happy for you and know this will be a great and worthwhile experience. I received email notifications about my log-in information to register for classes. They mentioned the following; "On-Line Registration for Summer 2019 entering students to the College of Health Related Professions, College of Nursing and School of Public Health will begin on April 1st through April 12th. On-line registration is the only way you may register for, or make schedule changes to summer and fall classes. Please remember to register to both summer and fall semesters."

As for orientation, I looked up the summer 2019 semester for the College of Health Related Professions academic calendar and it showed that Tuesday, May 28th would be orientation for all new entering OT/PT etc students and the following day Wednesday, May 29th would be the first day of classes for new students!

It's definitely a program that puts you through the runs and forces you to pick yourself up and keep going. We also take about 30 more credits compared to every other OT program, and all of it is completed in a 2 year period; but with that being said, it's still totally worth it, and once you finish the classes you're really proud of your accomplishments, and feel amazed at how much you know. Most of the difficulties are also only applicable within the first year, and in the 2nd year (when you take actual clinical-based OT classes) everything's supposed to be "smooth sailing" - or at least that's how it was described to me. When I was first starting out a 2nd year student told me about how she was also frustrated at the way things went, but was thankful at the end once it was over, because she felt really well prepared for the future. In the long run of things, it's definitely doable, and totally worth it. Congratulations on the outstanding schools you got into!

Such a great response and your enthusiasm about the program speaks volume. No matter where you go or what you do, we should always take accountability for our success and progress. There will always be other programs or places that might offer better services but at the end of the day - we all have to put in work and remain resilient. I'm truly looking forward to this. I currently work in rehab at a hospital now and I'm even more motivated and determined to excel in everything as best as possible. Congrats on pushing through the program thus far and thank you again for your words of encouragement and sharing your real-life experiences.

Ahhh yay!!! Congratulations on your acceptance!!! Proud of you and I know you're going to be a great asset as well. Yes, I wish everyone who are still waiting to hear back the absolute best and congratulations to all who got accepted so far!

I was one of the first people interviewed in my year and it took me a while to hear back. Not hearing doesn't mean anything (assuming u've been interviewed).
That’s the thing, I haven’t been interviewed / didn’t hear back nada.
Assuming chances for this cycle are slim.

Does anyone here in the Downstate conversation know of a NYU Steinhardt OT thread? If yes please post a link .

Thanks in advance!

Congratulatons!!! Yea!!! :)

Last edited:
Congratulations!!

Oh I remember that annoying spelunker thing LOL! Make sure that you take the Hep B vaccine! On the paper there's an "option" to pass it, but it's a lie; they'll just tell you that the option if only for professions that aren't working as medical/rehab clinicians. I remember being worried about having to get that at the last second. Honestly though, once you're in, you're in - don't led the deadline stress you out (though try to get everything done in time, of course)

WOW! Full time work. There are sOmE people who work full time... like 1 or 2 in my yeat perhaps. Idk how anyone could do that. There's only 1 person I know in the 2nd year who works fulltime, but he goes to school part time, and said that it's still crazy LOL.

The first day of class for us was an oddity, cuz the way the scheduled worked it happened to be a 3 hour lecture class, and I assumed each class during the week was that long. So it was a LOT of info, and I ussed I'd have to learn a weeks worth in info like that every couple of days. I don't remember exact times, but usually the lecture classes were an hour, or sometimes 2 hours. The first test is also the most difficult because u don't know how the professor creates his tests yet, so it's hard to figure out ur study strategy.

Oooh. Mmm, it might depend on the year. Typically classes here usually start at 10, and sometimes 9. SO the fll legth depends on the day, but you might go in from 9-1 on some days, 10-1 on others, etc.

Thank you again for this response!! I registered for both my summer and fall 2019 courses and they advised us to call the department to request for any class schedules if it doesn't show on the website. So I called and the woman who answered said Monday-Friday 9-5 all day every day for summer and fall. I recall Professor Pagpatan mentioning that though classes aren't offered 9-5 every day, we just have to treat it like a full time job when we include study time and lab time etc due to intensity. However, based on what you said above, actual classes arent usually 9-5 (especially during the first summer semester) correct? For example, our foundations course indicates that we are expected to be there from 10-2 on Tuesdays while the gross anatomy is 3 days a week. I understand what they mean but I wasn't sure if the actual class schedules were exactly that since the woman was very affirmative that it was mon-friday 9-5 all day every day lol!

Hi all! Im so sorry i didn't get back and havn't seen everybody's response here. I wasn't getting the normal email notifications that people were responding.

So i sent in my application about 2 weeks before it was due. Received an interview 3/19 and then got my acceptance notification 3/27. It all happened so fast. Last year i didn't hear back until almost the first day of classes for Downstate with a rejection.

I am so excited and maybe the few of us who have been accepted can exchange info and connect so we can have each other as backup through the registration process.

I have much to say about the inconsistencies, bias, and unprofessionalism from my own personal experience with NYU. Everyone will have their own thing because at the end of the day we don't really know what or who they are looking for. I feel blessed after three years of applications to have been accepted to Downstate and will work my butt off to do so. I have met a few OT's from volunteer experience that are always impressed with the SUNY Downstate fieldwork students, expressing that they always seen the most prepared of all the students from NYU and Columbia.

Thank you for bringing up the topic of schedules because i was wondering the same thing. I have heard its an intense summer of crack down studying though! We will be in need of lots of brain food!

Huge congratulations to those who got accepted!! :)

Shooting my shot here- I submitted my application and interviewed pretty early in the process, but I still haven't heard back from them regarding any sort of decision. I assume most of the spots are close to being filled, and they keep responding back to me saying that my application is still under review. Not even a sign of being waitlisted. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Hi all, first of all congrats to those who were accepted. You are about to embark on an amazing journey! someone should take charge & create a “SUNY Downstate OT Class of 2021” facebook group. This way you all can connect & I can provide you all with additional information! Let me know when you do so

Huge congratulations to those who got accepted!! :)

Shooting my shot here- I submitted my application and interviewed pretty early in the process, but I still haven't heard back from them regarding any sort of decision. I assume most of the spots are close to being filled, and they keep responding back to me saying that my application is still under review. Not even a sign of being waitlisted. Anyone else in the same boat as me?
Yes. Seemingly, were in the same situation.

Hi all! Im so sorry i didn't get back and havn't seen everybody's response here. I wasn't getting the normal email notifications that people were responding.

So i sent in my application about 2 weeks before it was due. Received an interview 3/19 and then got my acceptance notification 3/27. It all happened so fast. Last year i didn't hear back until almost the first day of classes for Downstate with a rejection.

I am so excited and maybe the few of us who have been accepted can exchange info and connect so we can have each other as backup through the registration process.

I have much to say about the inconsistencies, bias, and unprofessionalism from my own personal experience with NYU. Everyone will have their own thing because at the end of the day we don't really know what or who they are looking for. I feel blessed after three years of applications to have been accepted to Downstate and will work my butt off to do so. I have met a few OT's from volunteer experience that are always impressed with the SUNY Downstate fieldwork students, expressing that they always seen the most prepared of all the students from NYU and Columbia.

Thank you for bringing up the topic of schedules because i was wondering the same thing. I have heard its an intense summer of crack down studying though! We will be in need of lots of brain food!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! And yes, I've heard that "Downstate students are the most prepared" from a lot of people/supervisors too. Hopefully it'll be true :oops: LOL!

Last edited:
Thank you again for this response!! I registered for both my summer and fall 2019 courses and they advised us to call the department to request for any class schedules if it doesn't show on the website. So I called and the woman who answered said Monday-Friday 9-5 all day every day for summer and fall. I recall Professor Pagpatan mentioning that though classes aren't offered 9-5 every day, we just have to treat it like a full time job when we include study time and lab time etc due to intensity. However, based on what you said above, actual classes arent usually 9-5 (especially during the first summer semester) correct? For example, our foundations course indicates that we are expected to be there from 10-2 on Tuesdays while the gross anatomy is 3 days a week. I understand what they mean but I wasn't sure if the actual class schedules were exactly that since the woman was very affirmative that it was mon-friday 9-5 all day every day lol!
I think she said that because u should prepare to potentially come to school 5 days a week (cuz the days might change, and if there's a vacation or something, there might be some weeks where u don't get a day off since u had an extra day off the week before). This is how mine was:

I know the year before us they often has 2 days off (and if u look carefully, that applies to the first and 4th week here too). But basically most of the days in our schedule we went int at 9 and got out around 1. When Palpation comes in (it only comes in for a portion of the first half, and the a portion of the latter half of the semester) you get out a little later, around 4. But that's only a couple days a week.

Is there anyone that has still not heard a single thing regarding admission? I applied in the beginning of November and my portal still says "forwarded to the committee for review." I am not expecting any acceptance or waitlist at this point, but was curious if other people are in a similar boat as me and wondering when we would find out about a rejection.

Is there anyone that has still not heard a single thing regarding admission? I applied in the beginning of November and my portal still says "forwarded to the committee for review." I am not expecting any acceptance or waitlist at this point, but was curious if other people are in a similar boat as me and wondering when we would find out about a rejection.
Yes, I am in same exact situation. Suspense is a killer.. not that I'm expecting to get an interview at this point, but some sort of communication would definitely be nice..

Hi all, first of all congrats to those who were accepted. You are about to embark on an amazing journey! someone should take charge & create a “SUNY Downstate OT Class of 2021” facebook group. This way you all can connect & I can provide you all with additional information! Let me know when you do so

A Class of 2021 facebook group is created! :)

Do I keep my hopes high to still hear from them or at this point I should focus on next cycle...? Not even a formal Rejection...

Hey all. First off, congratulations to everyone who got accepted! You all must feel so elated!

I'm still trying to remain hopeful, myself, as I was put on the waitlist on 2/15. Many have told me that I could be accepted as late as the day of orientation, which is May 28th. Is that true? Should I remain hopeful right up until the last minute? I have all of my healthforms in, and there's only one other transcript they're waiting on that's currently enroute, so I should be okay on the Spelunker checklist part. Crossing all fingers and toes!!