Suny Ub

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hmmmmm.... ill happily buy you all cars if you fanagle me a spot in this class.... hell - ill be taking out 250,000 in loans anyway - a little car padding wont make that much of a difference!! haha

ang congrats stl! where were you on the waitlist, do you know? though if they were already at the middle of the top 1/3 utterly would let us know.....

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks guys~~~ :p

Anyways, I knew I was in the top 1/3, but I don't know where in the top 1/3 I was.

I've got my deposit check ready to send the second that I get the letter, so I hope it comes soon.

Hey everybody. They are definitely in the middle of the upper 1/3 because that is where I was and I just checked and I got in! Much relief for me because it is the first school I've gotten in, so my shoulders feel much lighter. Good luck to everybody, and those of you that make it in off the list I'll see ya in a couple months!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, i will be withdrawing soon from UB..just to let you know that at least one spot will open..

chika

Congratulations mjs16, and thanks chika for the heads up. I imagine that we will continue to see some good movement now that the 15th is right around the corner. This is great news. Keep-um coming guys. Good luck all. :thumbup:

Congrats mjs16! I know what that feels like to FINALLY get that acceptance. I became soooo lazy for like 2 weeks after that :D.

so i know its only the 13th but :luck: :luck: :luck: for monday!!!

Hey Guys,
I just checked my status and it said I was accepted. If it helps I was in the upper middle third of the waitlist. Good luck to you guys and let me know what happens

utterlyconfused said:
Hey Guys,
I just checked my status and it said I was accepted. If it helps I was in the upper middle third of the waitlist. Good luck to you guys and let me know what happens

Congrats!
Were you in the upper 1/3, middle part or middle 1/3, upper part???

SplinkMD said:
Congrats!
Were you in the upper 1/3, middle part or middle 1/3, upper part???

Thanks ! I was in the upper 1/3, the middle part

I just got into Temple, so I will most likely (although I am actually going to think about it over the weekend) be giving up my UB spot. Cheers!

woohoo! congrats utterly! what are your plans? ub-ing it or has another school wooed you?
and kasey - good luck with your decision! congrats on temple!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in! I too was in the upper third, middle portion. I checked my status on Thursday and it now reads "Accepted". Does anyone know how long it takes to get the "official" letter? Best of luck to everyone!

Ames980 said:
woohoo! congrats utterly! what are your plans? ub-ing it or has another school wooed you?
and kasey - good luck with your decision! congrats on temple!

I got into a few other schools and I'm waiting on a school in California, but as of now I'll be going to buffalo, I used to live down there so I have a bunch of family and friends there for support.

cmgoalie said:
I'm in! I too was in the upper third, middle portion. I checked my status on Thursday and it now reads "Accepted". Does anyone know how long it takes to get the "official" letter? Best of luck to everyone!

Wow, me too. I thought we were supposed to get a phone call. What now? Just wait for the letter? I didn't actually believe that this would happen, as I never got off my waitlists last year. I didn't believe I would have a decision to make.

Congrats to you both!

I think that until June 21, you will be getting letters. After June 21 you'll get the phone call deal.

I called Mr. Rosso today and he said that they were now in the lower portion of the upper 1/3rd. He also said that the waitlist was moving slightly faster than it was at this time last year, but that this could of course change at any time.

Just got accepted to Buffalo off the waiting list!!

I'm

I know I already said this, but I am in total shock. I can't even remember much about the school. I probably threw away everything I received at the interview b/c I didn't think I would get in. I have so many questions.

Any of you know about what kind of notetaking service they have. Is there a scribe service, or do they put the lectures online or anything like that? I have been looking at the website all afternoon, trying to learn more. What else can you tell me? Oh my goodness.

For those of you who think they will be going tell me about yourselves. I want an idea of the people I may be going to school with:)

utterlyconfused said:
For those of you who think they will be going tell me about yourselves. I want an idea of the people I may be going to school with:)

Well, I guess most people would consider me a pretty malicious individual. In fact, my nickname during undergrad was sneaky Stan because I was known for ripping important pages out of required texts. I was also considered the craziest gunner around. I once through a fit right in the middle of my Orgo class because I missed the bonus question. To this day, I swear it was a dehydration reaction – dense Ph.D's

*Snickering* that ought to free up another waitlist spot. :p

Just kidding, of course. I actually recall the student population being quite friendly and approachable during my interview. Congrats on the acceptance. :)

Kazema said:
Congrats to you both!

I think that until June 21, you will be getting letters. After June 21 you'll get the phone call deal.

I called Mr. Rosso today and he said that they were now in the lower portion of the upper 1/3rd. He also said that the waitlist was moving slightly faster than it was at this time last year, but that this could of course change at any time.

oh happy day :) [...and suddenly im a southern baptist...] lets hope this keeps up!! good luck for everyone today and congrats on the recent acceptances!

ok - so im going to double post here -
called ub today and the wonderful woman i spoke with told me that they are currently a couple people away from the middle 1/3 YAY!!!! am trying not to get tooooo excited [im in the middle of the middle] because movement could slow at any time, but still. cant help it. :) any other updates?

Good news, Ames :).

But I thought you were above me on the waitlist though for some reason. Maybe I should check with Mr. Rosso about that.

waaaay back in the day [end of january] i was in the top 1/3rd, but have subsiquently been bumped down to the middle of the middle... i dont care where i am as long as a) it keeps moving like this and b) we get in!

I got my acceptance packet yesterday, but was told by the site I was accepted a while back (maybe 2 weeks?) but I'm not matriculating here, so I hope it opens up a spot for one of you guys

Ames980 said:
waaaay back in the day [end of january] i was in the top 1/3rd, but have subsiquently been bumped down to the middle of the middle... i dont care where i am as long as a) it keeps moving like this and b) we get in!

I find myself compelled to post on this thread every I see it. Well, umm, thanks again for all the updates. Good luck all.

Ames – have you decided on a date yet? I'm actually flying out to Wisconsin on June 10th to do some apartment shopping and somehow hold off on sighing a lease. Are you planning on traveling to your other acceptance location to check out the living situation prior to July? Isn't this really starting to $uck? :scared: Albeit, you're in a much better situation then me – how's the weather in the middle 1/3. Good luck. :thumbup:

ah yes - the middle third - still cold, chilly, and rainy. thanks :) [ok, so my real weather has sucked all spring which isnt helping any haha]

as of now, im just putting it off as looooooooong as possible -- my other option is only about 2 hr away from where i am now, so its close enough to go up on a saturday. if i havent heard anything by the first week of july im going to have to haul ass to find a place, but i just dont want to do it before then.... out of desperation? hope? denial? who knows, i just really really really want to go to ub!! depending on how june looks [i.e. if the waitlist comes to a dead stop], ill probably peruse some apts then so i have a better idea whats out there and can sign a lease asap come july. we shall see. youll have to let us know how the big WI is treats you

and it does suck! so much! i mean, you take a group of people that have to be well organized and planners in order to have gotten this far, so having all these balls in the air is bound to drive us nuts! if whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger, then im sooo signing up for the ironman!

just thought you guys might like to know, i talked to Mr. Rosso today and they've just entered the upper portion of the middle 1/3. I sit in that section so hopefully i'll be hearing some good news soon.

Does anyone know how many people are in each section?

Doctor Z said:
Does anyone know how many people are in each section?
I tried to ask and Mr. Rosso said he couldn't answer that. My guess is about 30 or so. I thought it through once and that was my conclusion, but I'm sure we could all poke tons of holes in my reasoning. On a happy note, considering last year's waitlist thread, I think it's clear this year is moving faster. yay :luck:

Supercluster said:
I tried to ask and Mr. Rosso said he couldn't answer that. My guess is about 30 or so. I thought it through once and that was my conclusion, but I'm sure we could all poke tons of holes in my reasoning. On a happy note, considering last year's waitlist thread, I think it's clear this year is moving faster. yay

Well let's hope this movement keeps up then! :luck:

as far as people per 1/3 -- on last years thread, one girl [hmno i believe] went to the school and spoke with the dean and was told that they couldnt disclose the size of the waitlist but i guess from what they were saying she was able to figure it was approx 270 people. who knows? i guess the size doesnt matter -- i just hope it doesnt loose steam!

Go go gadget waitlist

Kazema said:
Go go gadget waitlist

Ok, I guess it's my turn. Abracadabra - make this waitlist move.

Just checking to see if my magic spell worked. ;)

Any recent news?

Not over here, still waiting.

bump for another day

i called mr. rosso today. He said that the list is still in the top 1/3 of the middle portion. He is a funny man, he actually gave me the exact day and time that they entered into the middle portion, like that matters anything to me?! But he said that it has slowed down a bit (wah...wah...wah). Hopefully as we get into june, it'll burn a little faster.

have a great holiday weekend, all.

cooommmmmmme on ub! ames needs a new pair of shoes!! [or an acceptance to a med school she loves... whichever...]

side note: kaz -- did you call to find out where you were? still top of the middle?

Yeah I'm still in the upper middle, still waiting.

I got in too...and I'm going. Anyone else going with me? Let me know!

Alexis

ajf211 said:
I got in too...and I'm going. Anyone else going with me? Let me know!

Alexis

Congratulations, Alexis! When did you find out and were you in the upper portion of the middle third as well? I'm in the middle portion of the middle third so I'm still waiting... :(

:) well done! hope to see you in the fall alexis! its good to see the list still moving.... where on the list were you?

hey more movement on the waitlist. just got accepted from the top part of the middle 1/3. still not sure whether i'm accepting it or not. but best of luck to the rest of you.

gusterfan14 said:
hey more movement on the waitlist. just got accepted from the top part of the middle 1/3. still not sure whether i'm accepting it or not. but best of luck to the rest of you.

Hey congrats guster! If you decide to go I hope I'll see you there in the fall. How many days do they give you to decide, out of curiosity?

hey man, i have no idea actually. i just checked the online system and saw that i was accepted/lettered. still waiting on a hard copy of the acceptance to arrive, which should be in a few days. i assume they'll give me a couple of days to decide, but i'll let you know as soon as i find out.

keep us updated gusterfan! [side note - window is one of my all time fav songs. its on the list :)]
like the little engine that could.... gotta keep the list going...

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, i checked my status online today, it said accepted/lettered. I was in the upper portion of the middle third. I'll most likely not be accepting Buffalo's position, its a great school though. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.