SUNY Upstate High Priority Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sure worth reviving, for those of us waiting.

We've got some 3-4 weeks of potential waiting left, lets make the best of it!

Members don't see this ad.

I was perusing the Buffalo waitlist thread and a person just got pulled off the waitlist who had previously only been accepted to Upstate. She says she will definitely be accepting the seat at Buffalo, which means another open seat at Upstate.

Keep the faith, good luck to all.

Yes, everyone, keep the faith! I knew a woman that went to my undergraduate institution a few years ago, and turns out that she called every day up until the FIRST DAY OF CLASS and she got an acceptance!!!! Best of luck to everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
yodaf said:
I was perusing the Buffalo waitlist thread and a person just got pulled off the waitlist who had previously only been accepted to Upstate. She says she will definitely be accepting the seat at Buffalo, which means another open seat at Upstate.

I was hoping that she'd get in! :thumbup:

YES! That would be me! I just received a hard copy of my acceptance to UB today, so first thing Monday morning another spot will open up for ya! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :D :thumbup: :luck:

Congrats on your acceptance to UB and best of luck.

When I called upstate last week I was told that there would be at least 2 seats offered to waitlisters this week. And with HMNO82 getting into Buffalo and giving up her seat at upstate that means at least 3 seats will be offered this week. So at worst all of us will be at least 3 positions closer to the top of the waitlist or if lucky be offered an acceptance this week.

Good luck to all!!

I'm optimistic about next week. I feel like good things will happen.

Yeah, let's hope for some good news this week. It's starting to get REAL stressful, with orientation 3 weeks from Wednesday, enough is enough. At this point, how much decision time do they give each person before moving on to the next one? Here's to some good luck and good news this week. :luck:

Last time I called admissions I asked how long they give a person to decide. I was told a maximum of 24 hours. And that they prefer to get an answer while they're still on the phone.

now let's hope they can work through the list this week to get down to us SDNer's who've been laboring away on this godforsaken list.

What's happening fellas. Anyone get pulled off this list recently?

Hello!!! Is there aybody out there.

I've been told that the waitlist is moving, slowly but moving. I just can't believe that this movement hasn't touched an SND'er yet.

Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they've figured out who we SDNers are and they're purposefully torturing us.

They're already interviewing for next year, so why not apply again right now and get your foot back in the door early, just in case? And hope that you get pulled in the mean time... :)

stinkycheese said:
They're already interviewing for next year, so why not apply again right now and get your foot back in the door early, just in case? And hope that you get pulled in the mean time... :)

I'm sure they've sent out interview appointments but I really doubt their already interviewing.

You are probably right about re-applying now but I still think there is a good chance to get pulled off. I don't think waiting another couple of weeks is going to make that big of a difference in this application cycle. And since I'm suffering from a terrrible afflication known as "Fundsalow" I'd rather save the money.

I'm holding off on the re-app for right now too. Just holding on to some blind hope that I'll still get in this year. Hopefully, the next three weeks will bring alot of action. :luck: Anyone know what the process is getting AMCAS to verifiy your application if they already have your transcripts from last year? Good luck all!!!!

yodaf said:
I'm sure they've sent out interview appointments but I really doubt their already interviewing.

That's what I meant. I am a firm believer in the philosophy that as soon as you take the next step to move on, good fortune comes your way. So if you go ahead and submit AMCAS and spend the money, only then will your acceptance come... sort of the law that things must always be as chaotic as possible.

I hope you guys get in this year. :luck: :luck: :luck:

stinkycheese said:
That's what I meant. I am a firm believer in the philosophy that as soon as you take the next step to move on, good fortune comes your way. So if you go ahead and submit AMCAS and spend the money, only then will your acceptance come... sort of the law that things must always be as chaotic as possible.

I hope you guys get in this year. :luck: :luck: :luck:

I see the the superstitious logic. But I refuse to send AMCAS anymore of my money unless it's absolutely unavoidable. I'm going to hold off.

Now transcripts on the other hand are a different story. You must send in new transcripts for the 2005 cycle. I've already done that, that way they have to do some free work for me. :smuggrin:

Not one of us SDNer's has been pulled from waitlist hell?? Well, we're down to under 3 weeks before first year orientation :scared: , so let's get this damn list moving!! :smuggrin:

DrKram20 said:
Not one of us SDNer's has been pulled from waitlist hell?? Well, we're down to under 3 weeks before first year orientation :scared: , so let's get this damn list moving!! :smuggrin:

Yeah, what's up with that!!!

I need off the waitlist now. I want some relaxation time before school and sitting on waitlists is not my idea of relaxation.
:eek:

Couldn't agree more!

Hey is it just the 3 of us waiting from SDN or are there more out there?
We could just be the 3 all the way on the bottom of the list. Although that is improbable.

beastmaster said:
Couldn't agree more!

Hey is it just the 3 of us waiting from SDN or are there more out there?
We could just be the 3 all the way on the bottom of the list. Although that is improbable.

We could also be the next 3, who knows. Anyway I think this week and next week are pretty pivotal. Getting a spot after next week will be more of a miracle than anything else.

Has anyone called the admission office recently?

Well let's hope next week is more productive than this week is........

Hey Beastmaster,

Tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. Time to do some house cleaning.

This is quite possibly the most frustrating, dejecting process I've ever been through. This is the type of crap that makes people go on prozac or zoloft or some ****............let's go Upstate, throw us a bone here.

DrKram20 said:
This is quite possibly the most frustrating, dejecting process I've ever been through. This is the type of crap that makes people go on prozac or zoloft or some ****............let's go Upstate, throw us a bone here.

Keep the faith, there's bound to be movement.

I just spoke with Upstate and they said that since NYMC has just started they should be able to clear some names off of the HPA streamlining future movement. So hopefully that brings all of us closer to the top of the list. There is sure to be movement in the next few days, I guarantee it.:D

yodaf said:
Hey Beastmaster,

Tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. Time to do some house cleaning.

Although dirty, the house is cleaner. PM away.

Is there anyone besides DrKram and I still waiting for this list??

beastmaster said:
Is there anyone besides DrKram and I still waiting for this list??

Hey Beastmaster,

Yeah, I'm waiting for you and DrKram to get in. It is really strange that the number of posters is so low for this waitlist thread compared to last year. What is up with that? Where is everyone? Some positive karma is badly needed.

hey guys...

just wanted to let you know that i withdrew my spot at upstate, so hopefully one of you will get a phone call soon.

good luck to the rest of you!

astrogeek said:
hey guys...

just wanted to let you know that i withdrew my spot at upstate, so hopefully one of you will get a phone call soon.

good luck to the rest of you!

Hey thanks, I just got offered your spot at Upstate this morning, 8:57 AM to be exact.

All of a sudden I just got two offers in 48 hours this whole waitlist thing is ridiculous. Anyway I really liked Upstate but my personal circumstances have changed significantly in the past week and I will probably wind up not moving and going to Downstate. I'm sure that the education is equally good at both institutions and I will be very happy at Downstate if I chose it. But I'm going to take 24 hours to discuss it with my wife before I make my final decision. As soon as I do I will decline one of the offers, it will sadly most probably be an Upstate seat. That is sad for me good for all of You!!!!

There is movement and there will continue to be movement for the next couple of weeks. Good luck to all of you. :)

Man Yodaf, you're all over the place......talk about feast or famine :laugh: Anyway, congrats again on another acceptance. I'm sure that you have a tough decision now, but it's better than trying to figure out what you're going to do for another year while you re-apply. Good luck either way and thanks for giving some hope to those of us (read: me) who've lost a little hope in the past couple of weeks. Great Job!!!

DrKram20 said:
Man Yodaf, you're all over the place......talk about feast or famine :laugh: Anyway, congrats again on another acceptance. I'm sure that you have a tough decision now, but it's better than trying to figure out what you're going to do for another year while you re-apply. Good luck either way and thanks for giving some hope to those of us (read: me) who've lost a little hope in the past couple of weeks. Great Job!!!

Hey DrKram20, thank you very much. I just can't believe how lucky I've been the past couple of days; Now I have to deal with the dilemma of choosing. I couldn't imagine I'd be in this position just a couple of days ago. I'll know by tomorrow we're I'll be for the next 4 years, so that will open up a seat.

Anyway, keep your chin up you can be sure that there will be some additional movement in the next couple of days. Hopefully you, Beastmaster and the rest of the crowd will be next.

Good luck, :)

I called Upstate today and gave up my spot. I called kind of late in the day, so hopefully one of the SDN faithful will be gettting a pleasant surprise tomorrow.

Goodluck to all. :)

and good luck at Downstate. I definiely wouldn't mind waking up to one of those phone calls, we'll see. :luck:

Just Bumping this thread up, in preparation for some good news next week. :)

got my phone right with me at all times, just waiting for the call........waiting..........waiting..............waiting........... :luck:

not too many more to go. Anyone got an opinion on how Wednesday is going to fare?? I'm guessing no call, but that could just be my horrible pessimistic side that this waiting game has brought out in full force +pissed+

Yep, only a few days left. Seems like its just you and me still waiting.

Just praying for a miracle at this point. This is hell.

I don't know what to say, I really feel bad that you guys are in this crappy situation.. I'm still pulling for you guys. Hopefully the next couple of days will see some last minute withdrawals.

Good luck guys. :)

Good luck guys. I hope you get in. Applying sucks and having to stick out it this far definitely shows that you want medicine and that it's right for you. Go up there, make a stink, get in their faces, this is your chance; I hope it works!!!

Come next week, I'm just going to park my ass right outside the admissions office and just duck my head in every 10 minutes and say "Am I in yet, am I in yet?" I figure after about 2 hours of that, they'll just give me a space to shut me the hell up. Yes, that's how desperate I'm becoming........ :D

I am not waitlisted at your guys school, but I am also waiting-got a week and half left. I wish you guys the best of waitlist movement.

Well, another week down, about 3 more days to go.............good thing this isn't stressful or anything!!!! :mad:

Well I guess by Wednesday we'll have a definitive answer either way. Here's hoping for the good kind........ :luck:

I've already begun the psychological process of accepting defeat. But there is still a chance as traditionally most schools accept 1 or 2 on the very last day. Your proximity to the school probably gives you a slight edge. Just keep your chin up, no matter what happens.

I feel like a beaten man right now Beastmaster, but like you said there's still a glimmer of hope, albeit a fading one. I'm hoping you get a call too.