Supplemental rec letter deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sleeplessdreamer

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

In addition to my university's pre-health composite letter, I want to have two supplemental recommendation letters--one from my PI and one from a doctor I am shadowing. I am not sure when the "deadline" is for them to submit their letters?

I will be taking the MCAT June 1st and will be submitting my application in early June so that it can get verified. From my understanding, I don't need rec letters submitted to be verified, so does this just mean that I need to make sure they are submitted by around July 1st, which is when applications start getting sent to schools?

My pre-med advisor told me to "not worry; they can be added any time" but if that's the case, how would that work if a letter is submitted after a school has received my application?

Thank you in advance for your help!