Suumer jobs for an undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeyLime

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello-

I am still an undergrad, and I want to improve my chances of getting into med school as much as I can. I am currently volunteering in a busy ER, but I am trying to find a job this summer that will look good when I apply to med schools. Does anyone have any ideas? I would really like to keep working in a hospital, but I don't know what position to apply for.
Thanks-
Michelle

Members don't see this ad.

Have you considered getting some research experience over the summer? Of course, getting clinical experience is more important, but you seem to be doing that already. You could try checking the bio and chem departments of your university and see if they have any undergrad research positions available, or if they have any jobs for lab assistants available. You could also try checking the med school near you. You could still volunteer in the ER as well as work in the summer, if you aren't taking classes. If you are determined to work in the hospital, ask around when you are volunteering and see what jobs are available. The volunteer services coordinator may be able to hook you up with a summer job as well.

------------------
^v^