Sweet tooth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSY

Bright Lights at Night
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that as dentists, you should advise patients to brush and floss regularly and to eat sweets sparingly.

But do any of you have cravings for chocolate, caramel, pies. . . anything that you can't help but eat?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't really have any cravings for candy or chocolate. What I do crave for, however, are super sweet cheesecakes. Thankfully, I eat cheesecake but once a year. :D

I like to eat Twins bars when I'm studying for an exam or when I'm doing a project. Somehow snacking is a habit of mine when I have something major to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I like to eat Twins bars when I'm studying for an exam or when I'm doing a project. Somehow snacking is a habit of mine when I have something major to do.

Life is short so drown yourself in sweets before you die:thumbup:

Working in a dental office, you would be shocked at how much junk food there is. At any given time we have so many candy bars and cookies and cakes and just tons of junk because all of the specialty practices try to bribe you to refer patients to them with treats. SO yes, dentists eat tons of sweets. THey just hopefully know how to brush effefctively to not end up with cavities.

It is not what you eat, but how long sugar is left in there.

Working in a dental office, you would be shocked at how much junk food there is. At any given time we have so many candy bars and cookies and cakes and just tons of junk because all of the specialty practices try to bribe you to refer patients to them with treats. SO yes, dentists eat tons of sweets. THey just hopefully know how to brush effefctively to not end up with cavities.

The only sweets that show up in my dental office are gifts from patients, other than that, maybe a chocolate chip cookie once or twice a week.

I don't personally have much of a sweet tooth (I prefer savoury foods), however, I cannot resist the Godiva Molten cake from Morton's as well as a slice of apple crumble from Chudleigh's (an apple orchard outside of Toronto) with a scoop of vanilla Haagen Dazs ice cream

mmmm, mountain dew

It is not what you eat, but how long sugar is left in there.

Yeah really. Our pre-dent club hosted a dental student meet-and-greet, and advertised it as a dessert buffet. I ended up making the most sugary thing at the event and everybody loved it.

I love LOVE sweets! pies, cakes, tiramisu, icecream... mmm...chocolate! i get cravings for the molten chocolate cake from Chilli's - one of the best one's i've had!

haha....sugar and desserts are good friends! :love:

i dont think its be a problem as long as your oral hygiene's good

The only sweets that show up in my dental office are gifts from patients, other than that, maybe a chocolate chip cookie once or twice a week.

I don't personally have much of a sweet tooth (I prefer savoury foods), however, I cannot resist the Godiva Molten cake from Morton's as well as a slice of apple crumble from Chudleigh's (an apple orchard outside of Toronto) with a scoop of vanilla Haagen Dazs ice cream

since youre a torontonian;) , you should try out the cheesecake at 7 west. its located at yonge and charles. definitely, the best cheesecake ive had!:D

This thread topic = a REALLY slow week of SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
um, ok...who honestly doesn't like sweets? is that humanly possible?

i'm gonna have to go with ihd on this one...cheesecake. in fact, pumpkin cheesecake. mmmmmmm.

hohos, creme brulee hagen daz ice cream, oatmeal cream pies, Any cookies especially English fruit and shortbread cookies, and the mother of all... tres leches at cafe rio in SLC. good lord is it good :) yummy

i'd actually rather eat a really good steak or some other meal-type food than sweets, but even I am not a rock. I enjoy snickers ice cream bars, tiramisu, kahlua cake...

um, ok...who honestly doesn't like sweets? is that humanly possible?

i'm gonna have to go with ihd on this one...cheesecake. in fact, pumpkin cheesecake. mmmmmmm.

Oh God, now you've got me all hot for cheesecake . . .

i'd actually rather eat a really good steak or some other meal-type food than sweets, but even I am not a rock. I enjoy snickers ice cream bars, tiramisu, kahlua cake...

I agree...Im more down with the meal, not a huge sweets fan. But the chocolate can get me sometimes. Probably why im underweight.

I love paydays and peppermint patties. After Halloween, I don't think I can resist splurging on reduced priced candy bags at the store.

Oh God, now you've got me all hot for cheesecake . . .

ihd, can i perhaps interest you in some...

Strawberry%20Cheesecake.jpg

thats it, i'm going go to buy some right now. anyone want in?

I love paydays and peppermint patties. After Halloween, I don't think I can resist splurging on reduced priced candy bags at the store.

I hope we're too old for Halloween. Who could imagine a bunch of predents splurging on sweets. . .:eek:

I know that as dentists, you should advise patients to brush and floss regularly and to eat sweets sparingly.

But do any of you have cravings for chocolate, caramel, pies. . . anything that you can't help but eat?
Of course, dentists are humans too! I have cravings for marzipan once in a while so maybe every two weeks or so, I get myself a few pieces of marzipan covered chocolates.

I was the type of kid that used to sneak off to the candy store even when my mama warned me not too. Well, I ended up having a few fillings while my brothers never had a single one! And who turned out to be the dentist? Yeah, moi! LOL! Fortunately, I never packed on the pounds as I was an athletic kid.

There is a lot of "crap" floating around at the offices I work at too. But whenever I see some of my overweight co-workers or some of those contestants from the "Biggest Loser" reality show, I tell myself, "Be careful, you don't want to end up like them so be strict with your sugar/fat intake." I try to limit my sweets to once a week. When I do happen to have the "crap" more than once a week, I work extra harder at the gym.

When you see how wonderful your body can look with a balanced diet and a strict exercise regimen, you feel better about yourself and you aren't as likely to eat food from the "empty calories" food group.

When you wean yourself off the sweets and fatty foods, your body gets used to not consuming them and you have less cravings. If you drink your 8 glasses of water a day and have healthy snacks between meals, you feel a lot better than when you consume all the crap. Very often when you think you are hungry, you are really just dehydrated . High water intake not only curves your appetite for sweets but does wonders for your skin.

Everything in moderation!

I love reese's fast breaks and chewy chips ahoy.

Oh yeah, big league chew and bubble tape are a must.

I hope we're too old for Halloween. Who could imagine a bunch of predents splurging on sweets. . .:eek:

nope, no such thing as too old for Halloween!! It's a free pass to eat whatever you want and act like a kid w/o getting funny stares. love it!

haha..and you can do it in funky costumes! ^^

nope, no such thing as too old for Halloween!! It's a free pass to eat whatever you want and act like a kid w/o getting funny stares. love it!

haha..and you can do it in funky costumes! ^^

lol, I guess we could hide our predentedness inside our costumes

I suggest you guys wait for armorshell's costume pics. Supposedly, it's going to be legendary.

No such thing as too old...I think my nephew would find this costume boring. Anyone going tomorrow?

ooh....that's a good idea! heh...yeah your nephrew probably wont understand the costume tomo but years down the line when he does it will be something to talk about! haha...

hohos, creme brulee hagen daz ice cream, oatmeal cream pies, Any cookies especially English fruit and shortbread cookies, and the mother of all... tres leches at cafe rio in SLC. good lord is it good :) yummy

X-Roll's from Ginza in SLC. Is sweet so I think it should be allowed.

ooh....that's a good idea! heh...yeah your nephrew probably wont understand the costume tomo but years down the line when he does it will be something to talk about! haha...

hehe. He'll probably want one! So where you had your Halloween party at yesterday? Shark Club? V2O?

since youre a torontonian;) , you should try out the cheesecake at 7 west. its located at yonge and charles. definitely, the best cheesecake ive had!:D

Really? I've never been a fan of 7 West... but I will keep that in mind next time I pass by. Do you know where I can get a slice of Oreo cheesecake in the city (besides Pickle Barrel)? I dream of the day that we get our very own Cheesecake Factory.

This thread topic = a REALLY slow week of SDN.

Agreed, I think SDN will be in a holding pattern until around Dec 1. But oh well, we have to amuse ourselves with our own kind somehow don't we?
And while I am on the topic, the chocolate dipped ice cream cone from DQ is calling my name. Also, anyone ever get the Volcano thing at Rainforest Cafe? Its muy bueno.