Switching specialties

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted87716

Well, after over a decade in family medicine, it pains me to tell you guys that I've seen the light. There's no future in primary care. I've decided to switch specialties.

I'll probably be spending most of my time in the anesthesiology forum from now on, but I'll be sure to pop in here occasionally to tell you what a bunch of losers you are.

Good luck, y'all! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, after over a decade in family medicine, it pains me to tell you guys that I've seen the light. There's no future in primary care. I've decided to switch specialties.

I'll probably be spending most of my time in the anesthesiology forum from now on, but I'll be sure to pop in here occasionally to tell you what a bunch of losers you are.

Good luck, y'all! :luck:

So, will you finally be making 450k instead of 150k? :laugh:

It's a good thing you're not going radiology! I mean, seriously... you may not even be able to get a Porsche when you complete residency. That is just so awful.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/28/health/trainees-in-radiology-and-other-specialties-see-dream-jobs-disappearing.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"The times of graduating from medical school and driving a Porsche are done," said Dr. Dana Lowenthal, a first-year radiology resident and fourth-generation doctor. "It was never easy, but there was light at the end of the tunnel. This is new territory."

It's a good thing you're not going radiology! I mean, seriously... you may not even be able to get a Porsche when you complete residency. That is just so awful.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/28/health/trainees-in-radiology-and-other-specialties-see-dream-jobs-disappearing.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

“The times of graduating from medical school and driving a Porsche are done,” said Dr. Dana Lowenthal, a first-year radiology resident and fourth-generation doctor. “It was never easy, but there was light at the end of the tunnel. This is new territory.”

So the Porsche was the light at the end of the tunnel? No wonder the public hates doctors when they hear crap like this. Some things you just don't say out loud, let alone publish in nytimes...

hB13BAAA5