Syracuse U clinical psych

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BluePsych

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this program? Of couse, I already know what kind of work they do. But what is it like for students, their reputation, etc? Did anyone apply there?

Members don't see this ad.

From my understanding, Syracuse is a highly regarded research-oriented institution

BluePsych said:
Is anyone familiar with this program? Of couse, I already know what kind of work they do. But what is it like for students, their reputation, etc? Did anyone apply there?

I went to SU and know several of the faculty quite well. It is a very-research oriented program, as you probably know, and there are some great people. Like other research-centered programs if your looking to go in a non-researchy direction it may take some additional effort on your part to seek out clinical opportunities. This is not to say that the training is insufficient but it takes a backseat to research. If you want to get published and present at conferences, frequently, you will love it.

Who are you looking to work with? I may be able to give you a good idea of what to expect. I understand if you don't want to say.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your helpful responses.

Go Orange!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Sorry i was browsing and I saw that, I'm doing my undergrad psych at syracuse and the clinical psychology program over here is suppose to be great but like the above poster said research is very big here and the faculty is really into it, some of the faculty is okay but most of the psy grad students I know love it here