-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
table
Started by DrDad
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wait until the UAAO has their table sale. You'll save a bunch of $$ and the things you learn until then don't require a table.
I, personally, recommend the portable tables from Osteopathic Equipment.
I, personally, recommend the portable tables from Osteopathic Equipment.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, here's the info on my favorite: Osteopathic Equipment's Golden Ratio Table
To me, the tables look very similar to massage table lines, in fact, when I was at VCOM, they had an OMM table on display for order. I am a personal fan of earthlite tables. All are adjustable. The spirit table is a great versatile table, plus a lifetime guarantee. I have been doing massage for seven years, and know these tables oh so well. The spirit also is virtually noiseproof for a portable table...one more thing, ebay has tables cheaper than the schools get them. You can get the whole package (face cradle, carry bag, etc...) for under 400 bills, and that is for top of the line portable. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions
Earthlite is a GREAT brand. There are a few key things to consider when buying an OMT table:
1. High density FIRM foam. 1.5-1 inches thick. This will allow the best support for HVLA
2. Firm support beneath with tension cables.
3. Make sure you try out the table before you buy...or at least get an idea of how it is to work around it. I know too many people who bought tables and they cannot get a stool up close because the way the cables beneath are positioned...they cant get their knees in there. This can make it difficult for some procedures.
4. Portability.
Earthlite Harmony series are good.
1. High density FIRM foam. 1.5-1 inches thick. This will allow the best support for HVLA
2. Firm support beneath with tension cables.
3. Make sure you try out the table before you buy...or at least get an idea of how it is to work around it. I know too many people who bought tables and they cannot get a stool up close because the way the cables beneath are positioned...they cant get their knees in there. This can make it difficult for some procedures.
4. Portability.
Earthlite Harmony series are good.
My parents got me a table made by a guy up in Tulsa--I think he sells them at the OSU-COM bookstore, or takes orders. They got a really great deal on it. It looks just like a Stronglite, but it's a little too cushy for some HVLA--makes me have to work a little harder than I'd like. But if you are a bigger person and have more upper body strength it might be okay. I think they got it for under $300.
Good luck.
Say hi to my hometown for me! I miss it!
Good luck.
Say hi to my hometown for me! I miss it!
I found that I cannot do decent HVLA with 2" foam.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. I have a massage table which worked okay for 1st year, but now I'm having to replace it with a real OMT table. I would have been much better off buying a real one in the first place.
I was leary of buying a "massage" table myself until I realized that the OMM tables sold by the UAAO club (stronglite) are touted as massage tables as well. I suppose it's all in a name. http://www.stronglite.com/
Dr. Mom: what brand of table did you get the 2nd time?
Dr. Mom: what brand of table did you get the 2nd time?
Originally posted by Green912
Dr. Mom: what brand of table did you get the 2nd time?
I'm getting ready to order a portable one from osteopathic equipment. I have a link to it earlier in this thread. I checked out a number of brands of tables when our UAAO had a sale earlier in the year. They had quite a few of the tables there for us to try out. Osteopathic equipment's one was the best, hands down, IMO.
Here is a table that I haven't seen listed yet. I have had it for about 4 years and after trying many other tables, wouldn't own anything else. It is an Astralite. The table Green 912 recommended by stronglite, is actually made by Astralite (frame). One of the nice features is that it is constructed of aircraft alum. and all the cables are out of the users way. Due to its construction, it only weights about 20lbs. Hope this helps.
DrDad
Here is a link to see the Astralite tables. They are listed and marketed under massage tables, but are the same as the portable Osteo tables others here have been talking about. They are a bit more expensive than the other tables, but for good reason. These tables are much more durable than the wooden leg tables. You can also request extra foam. I think mine has 2" if I remember correctly. One thing I did, I did not order the astralite head crest. I ordered one from, I think oakworks, and did a retro fit to the astralite. I just didn't like the head crest that astralite offered. The astralite is easier to adjust the leg height because vs. the knobs and screws on the wooden leg tables, the astralite has a button/slide system. If you need any additional info, just let me know. Also. I have seen them advertised for much less, around $295.00. You may need to shop around a bit to find the best price. I'll do some checking on this end to see if I can't find where I saw them for less $$$$$$.
www.massagewarehouse.com/Astra+Lite/id=482/category.jhtml
Here is a link to see the Astralite tables. They are listed and marketed under massage tables, but are the same as the portable Osteo tables others here have been talking about. They are a bit more expensive than the other tables, but for good reason. These tables are much more durable than the wooden leg tables. You can also request extra foam. I think mine has 2" if I remember correctly. One thing I did, I did not order the astralite head crest. I ordered one from, I think oakworks, and did a retro fit to the astralite. I just didn't like the head crest that astralite offered. The astralite is easier to adjust the leg height because vs. the knobs and screws on the wooden leg tables, the astralite has a button/slide system. If you need any additional info, just let me know. Also. I have seen them advertised for much less, around $295.00. You may need to shop around a bit to find the best price. I'll do some checking on this end to see if I can't find where I saw them for less $$$$$$.
www.massagewarehouse.com/Astra+Lite/id=482/category.jhtml
Originally posted by MDmiracle
so how is the golden ratio table a great table if it has around three inches of foam?
Where on earth did you get that from? The link I posted says that it has 1 1/4" of firm foam.
Here you go.
http://www.massagewarehouse.com/Golden+Ratio/id=480/category.jhtml
I hope OE had the table specially designed with less foam. I was just curious as to why the conflicting information.
http://www.massagewarehouse.com/Golden+Ratio/id=480/category.jhtml
I hope OE had the table specially designed with less foam. I was just curious as to why the conflicting information.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by MDmiracle
Here you go.
http://www.massagewarehouse.com/Golden+Ratio/id=480/category.jhtml
I hope OE had the table specially designed with less foam. I was just curious as to why the conflicting information.
OE has their own special model. It isn't the same as what you linked.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 752