Take another year off? What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y

yjo2

uGPA: 3.9
sGPA: 3.7
MCAT: 11PS, 6VR, 10BS= 27Q
clinical experience: couple months
research experience: couple months

I signed up to retake the MCAT again in April (because my verbal is pretty low) but not sure if I'm just rushing to get it done to apply on time... I feel that I need more experience even if I do well on this MCAT. There's no way I can study for MCAT, be a full-time, do clinical, while tryin to graduate and apply to med school at once.
I reallllly need some good advice :(

Members don't see this ad.

uGPA: 3.9
sGPA: 3.7
MCAT: 11PS, 6VR, 10BS= 27Q
clinical experience: couple months
research experience: couple months

I signed up to retake the MCAT again in April (because my verbal is pretty low) but not sure if I'm just rushing to get it done to apply on time... I feel that I need more experience even if I do well on this MCAT. There's no way I can study for MCAT, be a full-time, do clinical, while tryin to graduate and apply to med school at once.
I reallllly need some good advice :(

Another year would make all the ECs much better.

A 30+ MCAT would go along way too.

If I were you, I would put the MCAT off until the summer finish my GPA strong while working on the ECs.

You have a chance to have a really strong app next year.

With such a great GPA, you don't want to blow the chance of an admission to med school by not having an application that is solid. The average applicant has 1.5 years of both clinical experience and community service. You need a leadership experience. You have the minimum amount of research (which though not required, is very desirable, to increase the schools willing to consider you) and would be better off with more. You don't want to retake the MCAT again until you've taken many practice tests with an improved verbal score. I think you have correctly determined that your best shot would be to wait an extra year and make everything the best it can be on your application, rather than rushing and doing a half-baked, inadequate job that would doom you to becoming a reapplicant..

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you guys so much.
My family is already unhappy with me taking one year off. With that said, to avoid taking 2 yrs off, I really wanted to shove everything in to apply this year.
But I do really appreciate your advices. I'm going to still try to study for MCAT durin the school year but I mite just hold off on the app until next cycle.

Again, thanks!! =) god bless

PS: I do have SOME EC/leadership positions :p

- I've worked many many jobs for one for financial needs since I was 16: and most of these positions were tutoring/mentoring children (grade K-12)
-Leader council for a non-profit organization & teach at public high schools about specific health topics
- Peer mentor
- Intern at a health care center during summer 2006
- Shadow 3 doctors

So I guess my next question is,
would I even have a chance if I applied this year? (again, uGPA 3.9, sGPA 3.7, 27Q mcat)
i'm just thinking about this now since I'm taking 2 yrs off anyway... so if I get rejected this cycle, does that put me in a bad position to reapply lateR?