• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

mosco

Live Free or Die
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2005
Blue State
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Has someone taken the PCAT more then once (or know someone who has) and was either (or both) granted an interview or accepted into school

oxylapka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2005
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
mosco said:
Has someone taken the PCAT more then once (or know someone who has) and was either (or both) granted an interview or accepted into school
I took PCAT 3 times:) and I've been accepted for fall 2006. First two times I didn't study at all, when I realized that I was not so brilliant as I thought I was:) I just prisoned myself for 3 weeks before the exam and studied, studied and studied:) I did well, although I failed English (it is not my native). I also got two more interviews which I cancelled since I 've been accepted to the school of my first choice.
Take PCAT as many times as you need, make sure your score is better each time and not worse. The number of times you are taking PCAT shows your persistence to succeed.
Ok, I hoped it helped and good luck!!!

usi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2005
St Petersburg, Fl
Status
Pharmacy Student
oxylapka
What was your score and where did you get accepted? If you don't mind sharing...

About the Ads

oxylapka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2005
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
usi said:
oxylapka
What was your score and where did you get accepted? If you don't mind sharing...
My score was 82, and I was accepted 2 weeks ago

reaper_7

10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
West Frankfort, Ill
Status
Pre-Medical
I also took the PCAT's more than once (2 times) and I got accepted to a pharmacy school.

85 comp and SIUE School of Pharmacy

highlyfavored

obligated to serve God...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
Status
reaper_7 said:
I also took the PCAT's more than once (2 times) and I got accepted to a pharmacy school.

85 comp and SIUE School of Pharmacy
was there a big increase in your score the second time?

reaper_7

10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
West Frankfort, Ill
Status
Pre-Medical
About 5 points. I didn't really study that much more, I was just a little bit more relaxed. :)

About the Ads