taking 6 courses in 1 semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

detroitriver

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is this generally allowed? Im a first year unviersity student and Im going to be dropping a course so I was wondering if I would be able to take 6 next semester instead of 5 to help me catch up for the one im dropping. Im going to be taking a full load of summer school courses so thats not really an extra option. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

is this generally allowed? Im a first year unviersity student and Im going to be dropping a course so I was wondering if I would be able to take 6 next semester instead of 5 to help me catch up for the one im dropping. Im going to be taking a full load of summer school courses so thats not really an extra option. thanks.

depends on the school. I have been taking 5-6 courses every semester, around 19-21 credits. Ask you school.

I took 7 in one semester -- so as long as your school allows it, you can.

Members don't see this ad :)
I usually take 6 since that equals the max # of credits we can take without paying more tuition. I do it just to get my $ worth though. :)And I like learning random stuff.

If your schools lets you there is no reason you shouldn't! Unless you don't think you can handle a large course-load. I usually pick one "easy" / "fun" class.

schools have diff rules.
at mine 19 is max but if you petition u can go up to 25. I usually petition and take around 21.

One semester i took 30 semester units. 25 at my instituion and ochem at a community college.

its possible. that semester i did better than all my other semester. 3.79gpa for that semester. brought my over all up pretty good.

good luck

okay, thanks for the help, Im going to consult the registrars office later today.