Taking a gap year in the Dallas, TX area. Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

spaceshipcoupe

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I'm super confused on what to do during my gap year. I'm applying to dental school this spring and am currently studying for the DAT and plan on taking it in April.
During my gap year, I really wanna do something that will increase experience and make me look well rounded.
Does anyone know of any research opportunities, jobs, dental offices looking to hire, jobs involving leadership or working with kids, internships, certifications, or volunteer opportunities that I should look into in the Dallas area? The job/volunteer opportunities don't have to last the whole year. Thank you in advance.