Taking a letter grade or S/U?

Started by modernfam
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

modernfam

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I'm graduating this semester and I just got my grade back for some of my classes. I already changed my grade for my molecular genetics (elective) class to satisfactory and I'm thinking about doing the same to another biology elective as I will have a B. Would it look weird to have two S's in a semester or should i just keep the B. I've had a few S's in the past but they were only due to a few research internships and a letter grade was not optional. Otherwise, my other classes at the moment are letter grades. I plan to apply to dental school in the summer so I wasn't sure how schools may view these possibly 2 S's. My gpa is a 3.515 for reference and honestly, a part of me wants to do the S for the sake of not wanting to put any more effort (senioritis much), but I can't help but be hesitant about 2 S's. Suggestions?
 
No evidence, but I feel like when schools see Ss they probably don’t think you got a B and chose to make it an S, they probably think you gotta a C or worse and changed it to S. I say leave it as a B, but I suppose an S has a decent amount of merit for gpa and wouldn’t be the awful
 
Unless it makes a huge difference in your GPA, I definitely would keep your grade. During COVID a lot of schools only accepted P/F only if you had no option to receive an actual grade. Which tells me that they don't look fondly upon P/F
 
In my opinion I don’t think a S/U option will hurt you. Many many dental schools themselves allowed S/U option for their dds students because of covid