Taking a semester off for Starcraft 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I watched the Starcraft/Gaming channel when I was in Korea. It's so intense.

If you compete professionally....it may or may not be GG for med school. Who knows, maybe your interviewer will have played also.......maybe.

Members don't see this ad.

When SC2 comes out, I'll play approximately 7-8 hours a day like a normal job and still have a social life outside of swarming my enemies with Zerglings. Really, skill at this game (or most any game) is commensurate to time spent playing.

You realize that there are other people who are going to get Starcraft 2 and play it 12-14 hours a day, and if skill is really based on time spent, they'll beat you. Also, if you weren't that good at Starcraft, then you're probably going to already be a little bit behind since I bet the people that won the Starcraft tournaments are going to be the same people training hard to win the Starcraft 2 ones; they already have money gained from other gaming tournaments to not worry about how much time they spend on it. I think there's also some natural skill involved in video games and that's usually the key factor if you want to get by with less practice. I wouldn't risk an entire semester, take some easy classes. The value of taking easy classes cant be underestimated; knowing already that you're a pre-med with good grades I can assure you could take a load of them and whiz through them only studying the day before the exam and still easily have the 7-8 hours daily to play SC2.