Taking certain courses together?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nazmar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever taken Gen. Chemistry/Physics together in the same semesters? I just mapped out the prerequisite courses I'll be taking at the CC I'm attending for transfer into a Kinesiology/Exercise Sci. program @ a CSU, and towards the end of my time here I'll be taking General Chem/Physics courses together... I read on here all the time that those can be the two toughest courses, so I'm curious. I really don't have any other choice, lol. Those are the two classes I'm most concerned about.

Next semester though will be the start of my prereqs, and I'll be taking Math 40 (Remedial course equivalent to Algebra 2) Human Anatomy & Physiology I and Intro to Chem (Prereq for Gen. Chem 1)

I'm not sure what to expect taking these classes together, so if anyone has any insight... I'm all for it!

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I did. Its really not that bad. It just requires some discipline and dedication. Set up study groups, plan on office visits and my favorite, teaching sessions. Time management is very important.

Also, don't forget some RR time for yourself. Good luck!

Thank you, Azi. Good to know it's doable. As long as it's doable, it will be done. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should be ok, I took gen chem 1 with calc 1 and gen chem 2 with calc II before and I did really well in them. Right now I'm taking organic chem with intro to bio II for biology majors along with other upper division classes. I think you should do well if you time manage well. Just be sure to read the book and practice problems. I know some of my friends who are taking organic chem 1 with intro to bio II and physics (calc-based) right now and its hectic for them but its manageable.

To reiterate, it's definitely possible, but you have to run a very tight ship. I took biology, anatomy, chemistry and physics all at the same time and then did it again with physiology and psych the next semester. I didn't get out much (if at all), but I finished them well. I say it's good practice for PT school.

Jeez, and I'm worried about my load lol. Kudos, really. Thanks folks :)

I took Gen Chem, Physics, and Anatomy/Physiology at the same time while also shadowing twice a week and working part time. It was insanely busy and I had to manage my time very carefully, but I was able to do well in all my classes. It's definitely doable if you are willing to put in the hard work.

I am taking physics 2 and chem 2 together right now. It's definitely not fun, especially when tests fall on the same week, but definitely doable. You have to really stay on top of your stuff and I'd say I spend at least an hour or two every night going over stuff from class.

I'm definitely nervous about this as well. I work full time so I don't have much choice in terms of flexibility of classes. I have to take general chem. and physics I together and i'm very nervous (especially since i've never taken a physic course before):scared:

I'm definitely nervous about this as well. I work full time so I don't have much choice in terms of flexibility of classes. I have to take general chem. and physics I together and i'm very nervous (especially since i've never taken a physic course before):scared:

If it makes you feel any better- I am currently taking physics and organic chemistry at the same time, I also work full-time and have a second job teaching 6 karate classes a week. It can be done, but it's a lot of work- you just have to keep in mind that it is only for one semester! You can do it.

If you don't mind my asking, what type of chem/ physics are you taking? To make things more managable for myself, I am currently taking these classes online, so I'm actually able to get a lot og homework done when work is slow. I'm also taking "introduction to physics", a one-semester overview, which is significantly easier than general physics.

If you don't mind my asking, what type of chem/ physics are you taking? To make things more managable for myself, I am currently taking these classes online, so I'm actually able to get a lot og homework done when work is slow. I'm also taking "introduction to physics", a one-semester overview, which is significantly easier than general physics.

I'm taking Chem 1 and Physics 1 starting in January, both have labs and the schools i'm applying to wont allow me to take the lab courses online otherwise I would be all over that! :(