Taking classes outside of your home college...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wowst12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been told that this doesn't look too good on your application to dental school....
I'm about to register to take Orgo I outside of my college, but in another college of the same family (CUNY) Brooklyn to City tech. Is this really as horrid as everyone says? Taking it in brooklyn almost assures you a C...but taking it elsewhere can give you an A or even A+....
My GPA right now is like a 3.5ish just finishing up my sophomore year..

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to know the answer to this also.

I think it would look like you are dodging a hard class. Take it at your school, and just ask the prof what it takes to get an A, and then do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it would look like you are dodging a hard class. Take it at your school, and just ask the prof what it takes to get an A, and then do it.

Well said, schools will know why you avoided it...

I'm not so sure it matters. I was told by the prehealth committee to take all chem and bio courses at the home college but that Physics and calculus don't matter that much. I took physics at a community college over the summer, did well and was accepted to dental school so I don't think this was a negative thing. I don't see that one course would make a huge difference if you did well in your others that are at your home college.

I would take it at my home school...but the guy that gives it is a Orgo-Nazi...
This dude teaching orgoII in orgoI...His tests are insane and not even time is given for them...
Is it really so bad?