SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Taking classes outside of your home college...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Wowst12, May 12, 2008.

1. Wowst12

May 12, 2008
    I've been told that this doesn't look too good on your application to dental school....
    I'm about to register to take Orgo I outside of my college, but in another college of the same family (CUNY) Brooklyn to City tech. Is this really as horrid as everyone says? Taking it in brooklyn almost assures you a C...but taking it elsewhere can give you an A or even A+....
    My GPA right now is like a 3.5ish just finishing up my sophomore year..
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. ClassyOrange

Apr 16, 2008
    I would like to know the answer to this also.
  4. Blarelli

Blarelli 7+ Year Member

Mar 9, 2007
    I think it would look like you are dodging a hard class. Take it at your school, and just ask the prof what it takes to get an A, and then do it.
  5. doc3232

doc3232 7+ Year Member

Feb 15, 2008
    Well said, schools will know why you avoided it...
  6. SugarNaCl

SugarNaCl Dental Student Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Akron, OH
    I'm not so sure it matters. I was told by the prehealth committee to take all chem and bio courses at the home college but that Physics and calculus don't matter that much. I took physics at a community college over the summer, did well and was accepted to dental school so I don't think this was a negative thing. I don't see that one course would make a huge difference if you did well in your others that are at your home college.
  7. Wowst12

May 12, 2008
    I would take it at my home school...but the guy that gives it is a Orgo-Nazi...
    This dude teaching orgoII in orgoI...His tests are insane and not even time is given for them...
    Is it really so bad?