Taking MCAT in July is that too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harkkam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys I am taking the MCAT in July becuase I want to have at least a solid month to focus before I take the test.

The MCAT website says score should be released august 10th.

Can I have my AACOMAS app completed and verified before my MCAT scores are in?

thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Scores back by Aug 10th is fine. You can submit your AACOMAS before your MCAT is scored.

Can I have my AACOMAS app completed and verified before my MCAT scores are in?

Yes you can and that is a great idea since it can take like 10 weeks for your app to get verified (mine did).

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i would not worry about taking it that late. I took mine the first week of august and got the scores by September. The fun part is waiting forever for the application to get verified but when you get in it is all worth it.

Best of luck

You'll be fine. I was happy I took the extra time to just focus on my studying. I took it in September and had 80% of the schools I applied to offer interviews. My ACCOMAS was already submitted and verified in August though.

definitely submit it before u get ur MCAT score!!!
when I applied this year... I took the MCAT in August... I submitted my AACOMAS in July and it took them EIGHT WEEKS to verify it..
so even tho I submitted my accomas before I got my result..
it didn't get verified till AFTER i got my result (which approx a month after u took the test).. so when it's submitted to the schools, it has my scores..
so it works out perfectly!
DEFINITELY APPLY EARLY AND SUBMIT EARLY!!!
GOOD LUCK!

definitely submit it before u get ur MCAT score!!!
when I applied this year... I took the MCAT in August... I submitted my AACOMAS in July and it took them EIGHT WEEKS to verify it..
so even tho I submitted my accomas before I got my result..
it didn't get verified till AFTER i got my result (which approx a month after u took the test).. so when it's submitted to the schools, it has my scores..
so it works out perfectly!
DEFINITELY APPLY EARLY AND SUBMIT EARLY!!!
GOOD LUCK!

submit early and verify early, July is ok then.

Yeah, July is fine...I took mine in July and still applied to an early decision program.