Taking No Sciences Class This Semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vishvkl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I am currently a second semester junior. I'm currently have a 3.89 cGPA and 3.94 sGPA. I have taken two science classes all my semester on top of ECs, so far have finished: Gen chem 2, orgo 1/2, biochem, genetics, neurobiology, cell biology, physics 1/2. This semester I plan on taking the MCATs April 1st and was considering taking no science classes, except Research for Credit, so I can focus on studying. Would this look bad on my application?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it will hurt. I did two semesters without science classes in order to complete my major snd gen ed. Do what you need to do in order to ace the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would personally study for the MCAT this summer if I were you. You'll need complete focus, and your classes (especially research) will distract you.

I studied while in school, and did well on the MCAT. Outside of SDNit is normal to take the test before June and apply in the summer. I didn't have my normal social life but I treated it like a class and had a regular study schedule.

I did this for my MCAT and I turned out alright.