Taking prereq online AND in the summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted988749

I know taking prereq in the summer is already bad, and online is definitely a nono. I was originally planning to take Physics 1 over the summer while doing research at my home institution, but that's not happening. Would it be okay I do my physics class online? I will do my lab physically in the future. Considering the situation is that acceptable? If Physics is too serious since it's science will it be fine if I take English instead?

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
If you can take English, perhaps better. Though with this summer of Corona , normalcy has gone out the window
do you think I should even take English too? What are the chances of it being for naught?

Ive never heard of a physics program that did such a thing as separating the lab from the class... but I would send it if you can. I took a biology pre req plus lab in summer and it was cake. I dont think taking the course online will hurt you if you can still make up lab physically. Its basically how things are now anyway... blame covid.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know taking prereq in the summer is already bad, and online is definitely a nono. I was originally planning to take Physics 1 over the summer while doing research at my home institution, but that's not happening. Would it be okay I do my physics class online? I will do my lab physically in the future. Considering the situation is that acceptable? If Physics is too serious since it's science will it be fine if I take English instead?

Given the current situation, it seems reasonable to take one (or both) courses during the summer as online courses. Your time is valuable and I would not wait around for classes to become "on-ground" again. By the way, when classes become "on-ground" again, they will likely fill up really fast and you could be left waiting again.