Taking Science Courses During Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Harrybean

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I will be applying to MD/DO this application cycle and I've been working two part-time jobs as a scribe and a research assistant for the past 9 months.

But man I'm getting really bored. I miss learning new things and meeting new people at school. I was thinking about just taking physiology and anatomy to 1. For fun and 2. maybe impress the admissions for the interviews

Oh and my contracts for both jobs end at the same time as when classes would start at the nearby CC. I was thinking about just taking a 3 month break from work and take classes (I saved up enough to be alive for at least 5-6 months)

What are you thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

The advise I'm going to give you is the same that people gave me on this forum is....Do well in school. Don't take anything that you're not passionate in. Take things that you would love to take.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The advise I'm going to give you is the same that people gave me on this forum is....Do well in school. Don't take anything that you're not passionate in. Take things that you would love to take.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I see. I am just passionate about learning and I've just been feeling really stagnant doing the same stuff over and over :(
I'll look into other classes also then!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I will be applying to MD/DO this application cycle and I've been working two part-time jobs as a scribe and a research assistant for the past 9 months.

But man I'm getting really bored. I miss learning new things and meeting new people at school. I was thinking about just taking physiology and anatomy to 1. For fun and 2. maybe impress the admissions for the interviews

Oh and my contracts for both jobs end at the same time as when classes would start at the nearby CC. I was thinking about just taking a 3 month break from work and take classes (I saved up enough to be alive for at least 5-6 months)

What are you thoughts?
Unfortunately, taking upper level sciences doesn't impress adcoms. All that matters is your GPA. Only take them if you think you can get A's. It's a silly system if you ask me. Who is more prepared for med school, the psych major who took the bare minimum pre-reqs and got A's, or the bio major who has taken every available undergrad equivalent of med-school courses and gotten mostly A's and a few B's? The current admissions system says the former is more prepared for med school.

Update: So I looked into other courses that the local CC offered and I'm looking into either get a certificate for Culinary Arts, Creative Writing/Language Arts, or just take courses for Anatomy/Physio with Spanish! Will do more research but super excited to just go back to school again haha :)

Thanks for the input yall!