Taking the CDCA Dental exam in the first year of a 2 year AEGD program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nelson5463500

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

Hopefully I posted this question in the right place. I am an international dentist. I have passed the NBD 1&2 boards, and I am in the first year of two year AEGD program in NYC. I plan to practice in Florida, and I have set the date to take the ADEX Dental Exam in the coming months. I am not 100% sure if this can be done, or if FL will accept it since I am in my first year. Also, the test I am taking in NYC has the Perio/Rest portion of the exam on a manakin and not on a live patient. I am worried I might have to retake the exam later if Florida doesn't accept the test/results for either of the two reasons. Anyone had or know of a similar situation? Thanks in advance!

NS
 
Speak to the FL board of dentistry, I'm not sure if its still the same guy; John Milton. I have gone through the same pathway as you have and gotten my license but it was prior to Covid affecting the CDCA. From what I remember they may have reverted to requiring a patient part and most definitely need a 2 year CODA accredited training as part of the pathway to registration. The only one with a one year AEGD + CDCA was Virginia.
 
Speak to the FL board of dentistry, I'm not sure if its still the same guy; John Milton. I have gone through the same pathway as you have and gotten my license but it was prior to Covid affecting the CDCA. From what I remember they may have reverted to requiring a patient part and most definitely need a 2 year CODA accredited training as part of the pathway to registration. The only one with a one year AEGD + CDCA was Virginia.
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. I will be completing two years in the AEGD program I am currently attending. However, I have decided to wait off and take the exam next year when they offer it on a live person instead of taking the risk. Thanks again!
 
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. I will be completing two years in the AEGD program I am currently attending. However, I have decided to wait off and take the exam next year when they offer it on a live person instead of taking the risk. Thanks again!
Did you end up finding out if you were eligible to take ADEX during your AEGD?