Taking the CDCA Dental exam in the first year of a 2 year AEGD program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nelson5463500

Reaction score
Hi All,

Hopefully I posted this question in the right place. I am an international dentist. I have passed the NBD 1&2 boards, and I am in the first year of two year AEGD program in NYC. I plan to practice in Florida, and I have set the date to take the ADEX Dental Exam in the coming months. I am not 100% sure if this can be done, or if FL will accept it since I am in my first year. Also, the test I am taking in NYC has the Perio/Rest portion of the exam on a manakin and not on a live patient. I am worried I might have to retake the exam later if Florida doesn't accept the test/results for either of the two reasons. Anyone had or know of a similar situation? Thanks in advance!

NS

Members don't see this ad.

Speak to the FL board of dentistry, I'm not sure if its still the same guy; John Milton. I have gone through the same pathway as you have and gotten my license but it was prior to Covid affecting the CDCA. From what I remember they may have reverted to requiring a patient part and most definitely need a 2 year CODA accredited training as part of the pathway to registration. The only one with a one year AEGD + CDCA was Virginia.

Reactions: 1 user
Speak to the FL board of dentistry, I'm not sure if its still the same guy; John Milton. I have gone through the same pathway as you have and gotten my license but it was prior to Covid affecting the CDCA. From what I remember they may have reverted to requiring a patient part and most definitely need a 2 year CODA accredited training as part of the pathway to registration. The only one with a one year AEGD + CDCA was Virginia.
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. I will be completing two years in the AEGD program I am currently attending. However, I have decided to wait off and take the exam next year when they offer it on a live person instead of taking the risk. Thanks again!

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. I will be completing two years in the AEGD program I am currently attending. However, I have decided to wait off and take the exam next year when they offer it on a live person instead of taking the risk. Thanks again!
Did you end up finding out if you were eligible to take ADEX during your AEGD?