Taking the CPJE on 4/30/2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misterchen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm taking the CPJE on 4/30 because my spidey senses tell me there is something fishy about 5/1 (QA). Based off my pharmacy track record at this point in my life I should be finishing a pgy-1 or already in the position of my dreams, but life was derailed for the past year. Nonetheless, I will be in full study mode (online group study sesh anyone?) for the next 5 days and welcome any study partners, tips, sharing of study materials, questions, emotional support, you name it.

If you are studying for the CPJE leave a post here, no one has really answered the questions about the 4/2016 but since I'm so set in stone on taking this test on the 30th you bet your butt I've done my research and am willing to share what I know pre/post exam.

Members don't see this ad.

Just an update, since no one has really shed light on what the 4/1/2016 april exam has been like (or my google-fu is lacking), I've gotten anxious and thought about rescheduling and maybe pushing it back a couple weeks so I can review more. Turns out you can't take the CPJE in may (found out from PSI exam on the phone and then went on to test different states to make sure it just wasn't CA where I am). So to take it on 4/30 or 6/1 (when there won't be any new light shed on what the new exam is like depending on how many people took the exam on 4/1-4/30 and will shed some light on the content)

Anyways, another user in this forum was nice enough to scan some pages for me of a critical resource I can't really afford atm so I shared with her my thoughts on what the new CPJE was going to be like. Here's the extensive research I've done if anyone (hi out-of-staters I'm talking to you ) wants to read.

Attachments

• cpjeanalyzed.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 622
Last edited:
I took it a couple weeks ago and am still waiting on my score. Honestly, I couldn't even tell they changed it - the format is still in line with what all the old threads talk about. Pretty straightforward, either you know the answer or you don't. I got more law questions than I was expecting - maybe around 7-8? I have no idea how I did, though; I knew a good chunk of the answers, but I could also easily see myself failing. Guess we'll see.

As for pushing back your test date, it looks like CABOP takes about a month to report your score, so if you do push it to 6/1, you're looking at getting licensed around mid-July at the earliest. If that timeline is an issue, maybe just chance it on the 4/30 date?

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I was weighing the pros/cons of just chancing it on 4/30, just worried about that 90 day retake timeline if I fail. Thanks for your insight!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all. Took my exam 4/30. Just saw this post now. Definitely felt it was very clinical. Not quite sure how I did but hoping for the best.

eek I pushed it back to 6/1 because I didn't wanna walk in feeling unprepared. mfdoom and sinsaha611 thanks for your replies and good luck with your results!

I was surprised why I couldn't find any availability to test in May!!
so now I know.
I am taking mine on 6/1 too.
best of luck to all.

To those who are studying with me and plan to take the test on June 1st. Here is my study plan/schedule (I think you have to log in to see the attached files), feel free to message me with any questions about it (including if you feel like you're missing one of the required resources). Barring any groundbreaking news that pops up over the next couple of weeks I won't deviate from the plan. I hope to turn this into a free guide for the CPJE (if I do well...) so if you have a couple mins to spare or feel lost in your studying, please take a quick glance at it and see if it can be of any help to you.

Attachments

• 4 Resources Required.pdf
    79.8 KB · Views: 551
  • Take a practice test, have your resources next to you.pdf
    159 KB · Views: 512
hi everyone, so I'm also looking to take the cpje in around july/august but want to start studying for it now. i took the cpje 3/28/16 and got the results back w/in 2 weeks that i didn't pass by 1 point :( i'm super bummed...i just finished a pgy1 so i was very confident in my clinical knowledge and only got about 3 law questions (which i'm assuming were weighted very highly) bc that's where i missed my points. the exam to me was very much focused on brand/generic questions...for those that have taken the exam after 4/1/16 is, what resources did you use to study and did you pass?
thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you feel afterwards? I feel like mine was really hard :(

Kind of okay but also pretty bad. I got at least ~20 wrong. Yikes. Hoping they were mostly experimental ones...

How long does it take to receive scores??

I called the board today - they asked for my test date (4/9), then said they haven't been sent out yet. I asked if they were in a QA and the guy said no. So...I have no clue. He said they should be "sent out pretty soon." o_O

Kind of okay but also pretty bad. I got at least ~20 wrong. Yikes. Hoping they were mostly experimental ones...

I called the board today - they asked for my test date (4/9), then said they haven't been sent out yet. I asked if they were in a QA and the guy said no. So...I have no clue. He said they should be "sent out pretty soon." o_O

Oh that's weird that they haven't sent out yours. I took mine on 4/19 and emailed the board, they said for sure there's not a QA going on and I should get my results "within 30 days". Let's hope they're sending them out soon!

Reactions: 1 user
I took my exam on April 6th and still no results..however i did get a letter from PSI today..its the same print out they give when you finish your exam but i guess this is the official one. Has anyone else received this?

just a resource I found online regarding IV to PO conversions

Attachments

• Dose conversion _Po to IV_.pdf
    103.1 KB · Views: 639
Hey! Did anyone have any good news regarding scores? I took mine on 6/1 and the experience brutal (for me). I had to guess on so much of it. I was so disappointed. My friends who have been licensed for a while tell me it's rare to walk out feeling like you've passed. I'm holding onto a shred of hope that it will work out. Would love to hear some positive experiences/outcomes.

Hey! Did anyone have any good news regarding scores? I took mine on 6/1 and the experience brutal (for me). I had to guess on so much of it. I was so disappointed. My friends who have been licensed for a while tell me it's rare to walk out feeling like you've passed. I'm holding onto a shred of hope that it will work out. Would love to hear some positive experiences/outcomes.

I walked out feeling 50/50. Some things I knew right away and some things I had to guess on between two choices. Didn't feel like I passed. But got my score yesterday (after taking it in April) and I did. Don't stress it now. Take the two weeks off from studying. Go relax and you'll get your score hopefully sooner than we did. I don't think you can walk out of that exam confident at all.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, thanks so much. And congratulations to you!! It's quite a feat!
I walked out feeling 50/50. Some things I knew right away and some things I had to guess on between two choices. Didn't feel like I passed. But got my score yesterday (after taking it in April) and I did. Don't stress it now. Take the two weeks off from studying. Go relax and you'll get your score hopefully sooner than we did. I don't think you can walk out of that exam confident at all.
y TG

I took on 6/1 and it was brutal. I felt like in the beginning questions were easy then it started to get harder (cycle of easy and hard) they asked more law and the question were so ambiguous and some of them didn't make sense. I felt I failed. Hope they send out the scores soon. >.<

Oh good god. How long did it take for you guys to receive your ATT? Im still waiting for mine...

To those who are studying with me and plan to take the test on June 1st. Here is my study plan/schedule (I think you have to log in to see the attached files), feel free to message me with any questions about it (including if you feel like you're missing one of the required resources). Barring any groundbreaking news that pops up over the next couple of weeks I won't deviate from the plan. I hope to turn this into a free guide for the CPJE (if I do well...) so if you have a couple mins to spare or feel lost in your studying, please take a quick glance at it and see if it can be of any help to you.

do the results for CPJE get posted online or are they only mailed to your address?

Also, looks like they're not administering any exams during the entire month of July... major nuisance for anyone trying to start working...

Last edited:
do the results for CPJE get posted online or are they only mailed to your address?

Also, looks like they're not administering any exams during the entire month of July... major nuisance for anyone trying to start working...
everything is mailed in Cali... i think they are having exam date every other month to do quality assurance for new CPJE that it was recently changed... and it is going to take longer for the score to be released... my friend took in April after exam change, got the score in june....

Hi all, after 53 days of waiting, I just got my green letter from the BOP! Passed with an 80! No idea how, but I am so relieved!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all, after 53 days of waiting, I just got my green letter from the BOP! Passed with an 80! No idea how, but I am so relieved!!!
Congrats on passing CPJE. Could you please share your experience? How hard clinical part and law part were?

WOOTTT!!! Got my green letter today! Saw the green but had to let someone else open the envelope haha

I walked out without a shred of hope that I passed. Honestly was shocked to see the passing letter. Best of luck to everyone!

FYI: took exam 6/30. received results via snail mail: 7/24

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the next QA session is for the CPJE? I thought traditionally it's in August every year. I'm taking my exam next week, so I wanted to know whether to expect a score delay or not. I'll probably give PSI a call to find out later. Thanks!

Does anyone know when the next QA session is for the CPJE? I thought traditionally it's in August every year. I'm taking my exam next week, so I wanted to know whether to expect a score delay or not. I'll probably give PSI a call to find out later. Thanks!
Last year it was Aug 1st, not sure what it is this year. I took mine a day before that day last year and got my results within weeks.