Taking The Test On Adderrall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GordonGekko

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken or know off anyone who has taken the MCAT on adderrall? Did it help?

Members don't see this ad.

If you feel you need an edge or something to help you focus, go right ahead and do it buddy.

As for myself, I believe in hard work and I take pride in what I do. If I can't focus for a 5.5 hour test, maybe I'm not cut out to be a doctor.

While I wouldn't recommend it....

Just try it with a practice test. Practice makes perfect....

Okay, this might sound like a stupid question, but how do people get adderall. Do you guys get prescriptions for it? Friends? Buy it off the streets? Online. Is it even legal to buy online? Lol, I'm seriously curious.

If someone would be so kind as to message me, thanks :).

Members don't see this ad :)
If you feel you need an edge or something to help you focus, go right ahead and do it buddy.

As for myself, I believe in hard work and I take pride in what I do. If I can't focus for a 5.5 hour test, maybe I'm not cut out to be a doctor.

Have you ever considered the fact that some people genuinely have attention span issues.

Okay, this might sound like a stupid question, but how do people get adderall. Do you guys get prescriptions for it? Friends? Buy it off the streets? Online. Is it even legal to buy online? Lol, I'm seriously curious. I've been considering taking adderall myself.

Pretty much how any other illegal drug is sold.

However, this drug DOES NOT make you smarter. All it does is motivate you on a chemical level. Some people just spend hours cleaning when they take it.

I would not recommend it. Just drink a cup of joe

Okay, this might sound like a stupid question, but how do people get adderall. Do you guys get prescriptions for it? Friends? Buy it off the streets? Online. Is it even legal to buy online? Lol, I'm seriously curious.

Why off the streets? Isn't it for attention deficit disorder (ADHD) which is a medical condition? Why wouldn't a doctor give you a prescription for it since you are using it for a good purpose?

Have you ever considered the fact that some people genuinely have attention span issues.

This! Heck, why people would just demoralize other people based on some stupid things...every job and every school requires a lot of hours into studying, testing, jobs...so if you think that he should not be a doctor because of that problem, then you assume he shouldn't go to college then since it all deals with the same stuff-STUDY. Dude, don't even worry...talk to your doctor about a solution. Perhaps there are more proper ways to deal with this problem. And if you want to be a doctor, you will be a doctor without anyone's opinion.

Yes I have. But I wasnt addressing you. If someone takes medication on a consistent basis for a real problem, they wouldn't be asking how that medication will affect their test taking. They would just take it like any other day, as I'm sure students with attention problems do.

If I suffer from high blood pressure, I wouldn't ask my peers if drugs that lower my blood pressure will help me take a test.

Why off the streets? Isn't it for attention deficit disorder (ADHD) which is a medical condition? Why wouldn't a doctor give you a prescription for it since you are using it for a good purpose?

I am talking about people who use it illegally and don't have a prescription.

I am talking about people who use it illegally and don't have a prescription.

No I quoted OP when he said "buy it off the street" and asked why off street since you have a medical condition and have a good purpose on using it. So I think a doctor should give you a prescription.

No I quoted OP when he said "buy it off the street" and asked why off street since you have a medical condition and have a good purpose on using it. So I think a doctor should give you a prescription.

I should really consider going to sleep instead of going over an AAMC practice test -_-;;

Morality is subjective, sweetie. I'd say anyone who is a judgmental of people's actions isn't really suited to be a doctor, either--work in a free clinic if you don't believe me!

Has anyone taken or know off anyone who has taken the MCAT on adderrall? Did it help?

I'm sorry people have jumped on you for asking this.

As for your question, if you don't take it regularly to being with (a lot of genuine adderall takers such as my self don't except on days where I need it more than others) it can mess you up on time because you can become hyper-focused on a question. I say can because the opposite can also be true some days, it's all about my neuro/hormone flux that day. It's weird. But keep in mind, this drug affects everyone in different ways--it makes me super emotional haha

like someone else said, just try it with practice tests before the real thing!

Members don't see this ad :)
These are questions you should be asking your doctor if you really do need Adderall not pre-meds on the internet since it is a prescription medication.

The question is, how long have you noticed you bad attention span issues, does this affect your class performance as well? When, and how frequently?

Go pay a psych. to test you and see if you would fall into the statistical category of people who benefit from such medications. Some people do, some people don't.

The medications certainly do not make you smarter, and starting a new medication that alters your mood/psychology/neurochemistry is overall not a good idea.

Adderall is not like some miracle drug you see in limitless that makes you smarter.....

After you get that go to your optometrist and ask for contacts with a molecular calculator for one eye and a physics formula sheet in the other eye.

The best way to get adderral in my opinion is through a doctors prescription. Ive never actually tried adderral but I wouldnt feel confortable buying a pill from any random person off the streets.

I dont have attention span issues. Just looking for an edge

If you don't study enough and/or don't have natural intellect, no amount of aderall is going to give you "an edge" and make you score high. No, aderall won't make you go from a 30 to a 35.

I know a friend who depends on addie just to get things done. I wonder what's gonna happen when he needs to get something done and doesn't have addie....

I'm sorry people have jumped on you for asking this.

As for your question, if you don't take it regularly to being with (a lot of genuine adderall takers such as my self don't except on days where I need it more than others) it can mess you up on time because you can become hyper-focused on a question. I say can because the opposite can also be true some days, it's all about my neuro/hormone flux that day. It's weird. But keep in mind, this drug affects everyone in different ways--it makes me super emotional haha

like someone else said, just try it with practice tests before the real thing!
Thanks.

your right. Im gonna switch my major now to primary education because of your opinion on the matter. thanks for the life changing advice.

Honestly imo, I think it's all a mental thing. Saying you have attention span issues just reinforces that in your head..adderall/ritalin..just not my thang. ;)

Have you ever considered the fact that people with attention span issues wouldn't come online to ask about taking adderall specifically during the MCAT? If you have ADHD, you've more than likely used this drug before, and you wouldn't be curious about it specifically for the MCAT.

if u have the spare aderall i think itd make more sense to take them while studying as opposed to during the actual test.

If your looking for an "edge" then try it. In all honesty if you think it will help you then try it out. I could see how it would help.

I tried it a few my freshman year in university. It felt really really good. It felt so good it was almost hard to concentrate felling that good. Then I started to realize that procrastination wasn't going to get me anywhere and actually started studying a week before my tests and I haven't taken it since.

I also notice that people retain more if they absorb information in small chunks vs in one big sitting. Its also better to recall information in the mind set you studied it. So if your going to try to recall information on Adderall you should probably study the information on Adderall. That would mean you would need to be on Adderall whenever you study.

Plus sitting for a test where you get 10min break every hour or so for 5ish hours is nothing new. I do that sometimes when I study. If the test was 5 hours straight no breaks at all then that might be a different story.

Pretty much you'll get the same score with or without it. You either know the answer or you dont know the answer. You either make the cut or you dont make the cut with or without drugs. You would have answer the question wrong regardless of if you are on drugs.

I happen to have attention span issues myself but using Adderall just for a boost is weak dude! Over the years, my attention span got better not because of drugs but because of sheer will and a sense of purpose. If I can increase my attention span with sheer will, why take adderall and suffer from side effect afterwards?

Everyone is different, but I felt when in high pressure/stress situations, I had occasionally had more trouble real calling info, and instead spent more time panicking...

I don't know, but I think taking Adderall for the MCAT is not worth the gamble.. not to mention the later side effects.

not trying to say the OP doesn't need it or not but here is a personal anecdote.

I had a friend once who was told that the pill they took was aderall. they focused for the entire time when on "aderall."

then someone told him that he was just given a placebo. Its amazing that if someone believes they are on something, they will act like they are on it.

but yeah regarding the OP, take it w/ a practice exam, see how you fare.
If you really do have a problem with attention then by all means you should have no problem taking the drug and probably know how you feel when you are on it since you are probably used to taking it.

but if you are trying to gain an edge well then :thumbdown:

I have a prescription for Adderall and I took it to study for my MCAT and I also took it on my MCAT day. It does help you concentrate. That being said, you still need to sit down and study like everyone else. There are a lot of side effects from adderall use that has made me stop using it. It makes you extremely thirsty, it is an amazing apetite suppresent (I could go a full day without even thinking about food), and worst of all, it causes extreme insomnia (I could only sleep for a handful of hours).

You can buy addies on the street. Just keep in mind it is an amphetamine, so if you get caught it is a class X felony. Also, Adderall increases BP, so if you have heart conditions it could be deadly (I had to get an ECG before my doc wrote me a script).

***Don't take advice about drugs from people on SDN..talk to your doctor about adderall. Most the people on SDN pompous *******s with no real world experience.

You get adderall from your general practitioner or psychiatrist.

Also, don't take it only on test day like it is some magic pill. You have to adjust to it... if you even need it. If you are at normal functioning level and just want to enhance yourself, then chances are it's not going to be in your favor. If you are having trouble concentrating and can't seem to muster up enough energy for anything, then maybe that's what you need. Otherwise, you should really ask your psychiatrist (but a gp will obviously give it to you, just they don't have as much expertise on the matter).

DON'T GET IT OFF THE STREETS.

***Don't take advice about drugs from people on SDN..talk to your doctor about adderall. Most the people on SDN pompous *******s with no real world experience.
:thumbup:I wasn't going to say what I was thinking, but you said it for me....;)

Adderall = Academic steroids

Lots of people from my school used them and would score better on tests than they would without taking them.

They could study less time and retain the same amount because of their increased level of focus. Without taking it they would've focused (and thus retained), less in the time they had to study.

Just my 2 cents. Don't take it FOR the MCAT (as I'm sure you'll be hopped on adrenaline enough to focus for the test) but if you need it to sit down and study material 10 weeks before the test then go for it.

Just my 2 cents. Don't take it FOR the MCAT (as I'm sure you'll be hopped on adrenaline enough to focus for the test) but if you need it to sit down and study material 10 weeks before the test then go for it.

I didn't know adrenaline lasts for 5+ hours.

If you on adderall while you take your practice tests, then I suggest you take aderall during the MCAT. A general rule is to try to change as little as possible from your practice tests to the real MCAT.

Adderall = Academic steroids

Lots of people from my school used them and would score better on tests than they would without taking them.

They could study less time and retain the same amount because of their increased level of focus. Without taking it they would've focused (and thus retained), less in the time they had to study.

Awww, I was hoping the next post would be another follow up quote from Mr. ChiCity :(

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRL7D0wcXM[/YOUTUBE]

Haha, I love chicity but I was trying to answer OP.

And I know adrenaline doesn't last that long. But come on, you're taking the test that will affect your chances at getting into a good medical school. You gotta be able to focus then, if not at other times.