Taking The Test On Adderrall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GordonGekko

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken or know off anyone who has taken the MCAT on adderrall? Did it help?

Members don't see this ad.

1) Adderall does not make you smarter, it helps you focus (for most people, it has slightly different effects in everyone). Therefore, it could be beneficial on the MCAT, if focusing for a long period of time would help. If you are criticizing its use because you think it gives users an unfair advantage by making them more intelligent, you are an idiot. sorry.

2) There are very few serious physiological side affects to adderall without continued usage in high doses. Even then it is considered a relatively safe drug. Using it to study for a test every now and then for a few months, then on the test itself WILL NOT MAKE YOU ADDICTED. Yes, it's risky to become psychologically dependant, but that's not the same a physiological addiction.

3) To everyone that's saying "if you don't study and just take adderall, you still won't do well, so don't bother taking it"...no sh**. If you drink protein shakes but don't lift weights you're not gonna get ripped. Does that mean you shouldn't drink protein shakes? Seriously...your logic is that bad.

I am not advocating the use of adderall. In my opinion becoming psychologically dependant is a risk, and as a pre-med, life will probably only get harder, so it's a bad idea to start using a crutch now. That being said, it is completely up to you, and no one should judge you based on your decision to take the drug or not. There is little that adderall can do for you that will power can't. But...it can make life a lot easier.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is very easy...
- if you have to ask about the benefits/downsides to taking it, you probably don't have a script for it
- if you don't have a script for it, and you're looking to take it, it's illegal. No morals involved... just a simple legal fact. you may as well hunt down some cocaine.
- a psychiatrist will not write you a script as though you're ordering off the dollar menu
- if this is a legit issue for you, make an appointment with a doc and let them eval you

good luck to you.

1) Adderall does not make you smarter, it helps you focus (for most people, it has slightly different effects in everyone). Therefore, it could be beneficial on the MCAT, if focusing for a long period of time would help. If you are criticizing its use because you think it gives users an unfair advantage by making them more intelligent, you are an idiot. sorry.

2) There are very few serious physiological side affects to adderall without continued usage in high doses. Even then it is considered a relatively safe drug. Using it to study for a test every now and then for a few months, then on the test itself WILL NOT MAKE YOU ADDICTED. Yes, it's risky to become psychologically dependant, but that's not the same a physiological addiction.

3) To everyone that's saying "if you don't study and just take adderall, you still won't do well, so don't bother taking it"...no sh**. If you drink protein shakes but don't lift weights you're not gonna get ripped. Does that mean you shouldn't drink protein shakes? Seriously...your logic is that bad.

I am not advocating the use of adderall. In my opinion becoming psychologically dependant is a risk, and as a pre-med, life will probably only get harder, so it's a bad idea to start using a crutch now. That being said, it is completely up to you, and no one should judge you based on your decision to take the drug or not. There is little that adderall can do for you that will power can't. But...it can make life a lot easier.

Best post in this thread. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

this is very easy...
- if you have to ask about the benefits/downsides to taking it, you probably don't have a script for it
- if you don't have a script for it, and you're looking to take it, it's illegal. No morals involved... just a simple legal fact. you may as well hunt down some cocaine.
- a psychiatrist will not write you a script as though you're ordering off the dollar menu
- if this is a legit issue for you, make an appointment with a doc and let them eval you

good luck to you.

You make having a prescription for it into this moral justification argument..do you know how easy it is to get a prescription for adderall?

Go on webmd, go to your PCP and tell him you're exhibiting those symptoms...they'll give you a sheet that evaluates you, and the things that you should have if you're ADD/ADHD ARE ALREADY DARKENED!! nurse practitioner or doctor will look at it, approve it for a low dose (10 mg for me). it's seriously that easy... it's ridiculous how easy it is....you don't have to go to a psychiatrist. although yeah, they'll be able to better diagnose you if you really have it; but if you're just looking to use it to study, having a prescription doesn't make it any more warranted--drug abuse is drug abuse.

***Don't take advice about drugs from people on SDN..talk to your doctor about adderall. Most the people on SDN pompous *******s with no real world experience.

Yes, I see that now. A bunch of loser ass troll's who feel so insecure about themselves that they have to look to spell check complete strangers on the internet to make themselves feel better. (emericana or whatever tf the loser's name is)

this is very easy...

good luck to you.

For supposed Pre-Med Students you guys are very slow. In 2 page thread only a handful of people have actually answered my question. All this other moral compass bs you and everyone else is replying with is a waste of forum space. My dad is a doctor, so getting him to get one of his doctor friends to write me a prescription for adderall isnt an issue, so please stfu about telling me I cant get it because I dont legally qualify, and all other bs along those longs. thanks.

Best post in this thread. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You make having a prescription for it into this moral justification argument..do you know how easy it is to get a prescription for adderall?

Go on webmd, go to your PCP and tell him you're exhibiting those symptoms...they'll give you a sheet that evaluates you, and the things that you should have if you're ADD/ADHD ARE ALREADY DARKENED!! nurse practitioner or doctor will look at it, approve it for a low dose (10 mg for me). it's seriously that easy... it's ridiculous how easy it is....you don't have to go to a psychiatrist. although yeah, they'll be able to better diagnose you if you really have it; but if you're just looking to use it to study, having a prescription doesn't make it any more warranted--drug abuse is drug abuse.

absolutely right. in the same thought line, a controlled substance is a controlled substance. I don't care if you need it or not, go thru the proper channels. I'm not riding a moral high-horse. You can whine about what I just said, but it won't change the fact that it's true. You're totally right, its easy to get a script for it... so if a person thinks its gonna help, knock yourself out. It's a shame that it's an overly prescribed drug, and abuse is abuse... but having a script makes it LEGAL.

and for the record, I take the same dose as you, and it was a god send. :thumbup:

False, just WebMD the signs of ADHD. If you are older (above 18), most doctors think you are old enough to know your own body and be truthful.

I spent 5 whole minutes talking to my doctor about getting a prescription.

EDIT: I didn't read the above two posts. I agree with you both. 20mg rx here

Is taking an unprescribed medication to score high on the aptitude test really an auspicious start to a career in medicine?

Is taking an unprescribed medication to score high on the aptitude test really an auspicious start to a career in medicine?

I don't think anyone is condoning taking unprescribed medication- just supporting the view that some people need adderall to concentrate at a normal capacity.

I wouldn't mess around with adderall unless I talked to a doctor about it (and I'm pretty lax when it comes to recreational drug use).

"Adderall was banned from sale in Canada in February 2005 after reports of 24 deaths and 54 cases of severe cardiovascular problems were reported in the U.S. The Canadian regulatory agency found that the Adderall risk was too high to allow sale of the product. The FDA issued a MedWatch alert announcing the ban. In August, Canada allowed sales of Adderall to resume, but continues monitoring the Adderall risks and Adderall side effects."

http://injury-law.freeadvice.com/injury-law/drug-toxic_chemicals/adderall-warning.htm