Talk to recruiter from Arizona School of Dentistry...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Divineimpetus

Trucker's Atlas
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We had a health professional fair at my school today and I talked to Joyce Haynie from the Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health--she told me they do not even give interviews unless you have volunteer service. I asked how much was needed and she did not say, but said volunteering from a health clinic is optimal. I also asked why do they give so many interviews for so little seats and she said "we believe everyone deserves to have a chance if they fit our requirements." She told me they gave 400 interviews for 54 seats.

Hopefully this might help anyone who is applying for ASODOH.

Also, I grew up Mesa (where the school is located) and actually watched the construction of the school. So I know the area pretty well. This is just my assessment but this is what I have noticed about Mesa.

1.) Culturally Conservative
2.) Nice market for houses--my parents just sold there house they had for 3 years and made 65K in profit.
3.) Very booming city, so if you do not like construction, this might not be the place for you.
4.) Great place to raise a family. I was raised in Mesa, and it is a very clean place. Drugs and gangs are an oddity, and they have a great school system, especially if you can get your kids in the Gilbert Public Schools.
5.) There is a big LDS population in the east valley. So if you are LDS and want a place to hang out with other LDS members, this might be the town for you.

If you have any questions about Mesa please feel free to send me a private message.

Members don't see this ad.