Talking about activity in secondary (to a significant length) not mentioned in primary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueCircle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently working on pre-writing secondaries and there is an activity (paid employment) that I didn't mention in my primary. I didn't mention it because, as I processed it through peripheral route processing, I quickly wrote it off as not falling in line with the general picture the rest of my application was painting. As I've reflected more and more, I realize that it actually fits perfectly, but unfortunately this didn't dawn upon me until after I submitted. Would it look bad to talk about it now?

Members don't see this ad.

i would guess that it would go unnoticed and also be fine even if it was noticed

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

what kind of activity is that? Any insight about that?
As long as you are not making up thousand hours of important experience, I don't see any issue there.
After all, I don't think people would mindlessly put what they have done throughout their lives in primary ECs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I left out a few employment activities that I didn't think fit in the work/activities section. Like you, I'm kind of regretting it, but I don't think it's a big deal. You can just say that you didn't think it was as important as what you chose at the time.

Currently working on pre-writing secondaries and there is an activity (paid employment) that I didn't mention in my primary.

As I've reflected more and more, I realize that it actually fits perfectly, but unfortunately this didn't dawn upon me until after I submitted. Would it look bad to talk about it now?
You are not obliged to list every single activity in which you've engaged. You're expected to list the top 15 experiences that you feel support your med school candidacy. If you've had second thoughts, or if it just didn't fit on the Primary, it's fine to bring it up on the Secondary.

Reactions: 1 user