Talking about House MD in the PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I loooveeee the show ER. John Carter. :love:

Okay, I'm done.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a friend who wrote about House in her PS, but then again, she was applying for one of those accelerated 6 year BS/MD programs. She was accepted though if that matters.

Members don't see this ad :)
I based my PS on the Human Centipede. Worked.
I or II? One of the actors in II used to be my boss (in a completely different industry). True story.

Reactions: 2 users
That's my main beef with House. When they're brainstorming what a patient has and throwing out random diseases, a lot of them don't fit what's going on, they're just saying those things to sound impressive to the lay-public. :p

Or that one time when they decided that Naegleria fowleri is easily treatable :mad:

Reactions: 1 user
Or that one time when they decided that Naegleria fowleri is easily treatable :mad:

Another thing that bothers me! They spend 40 minutes of an episode running around and messing up and misdiagnosing/mistreating, and then in the last 5 minutes, they figure it out, treat it, and the patient is good to go. Grr. The formulaic aspect of the show is annoying, but I think that's why I also hate shows like Law and Order...

Reactions: 2 users
I think it's a great idea OP, go for it and be unique! No one else will have this on their PS and it will set you apart, follow your heart!

I have a friend who wrote about House in her PS, but then again, she was applying for one of those accelerated 6 year BS/MD programs. She was accepted though if that matters.
It's normal to be gullible in high school.

I opened my PS with I want to be the Donald Draper of medicine.

I personally enjoyed Hopkins and Boston med (documentaries on ABC).

Guilty pleasures: Grey's (but hate how these people have the absolute worst luck in life), House, and Scrubs. I like Scrubs because it isn't always filled with drama. it's a sitcom really.

Regardless, I wouldn't mention it in my PS. And if a friend did, well, let's just say they'd get Litt up.

I would avoid TV shows in general in the PS, but that goes doubly for House. In my mind, Scrubs is the only awesome medical show:happy:

I LOVE House MD! It is so realistic. Like, it shows the doctors doing everything for the patients, like personally running the MRI and CT scanners, performing all the lab tests, administering all the medications, and scrubbing in on all the surgeries. Since the doctors are always in the hospital, it is no problem for one of them to spend the night by the bedside of their sickest patients, especially since they only have one at a time.

Nurses? Yeah, they are just there to bring the crash cart in and fetch tea for Dr. House.

Good luck with that PS.

I also enjoy NY Med when they're not focused on Oz. But Hopkins was excellent.

NY Med? Why am I now just hearing about this?!? I guess I have a new distraction from secondaries.

NY Med? Why am I now just hearing about this?!? I guess I have a new distraction from secondaries.

It's on its second season now! I don't have cable so I watch it sporadically and I'm not really following any of the storylines, but it's a good show. I just don't really like Dr. Oz.

Thank you all for the advice not to include House MD in my PS. Good thing I made this thread otherwise I would have included it...

But anyways, can you guys check out my other recently made thread titled "Research & ER scribe - need to quit one". I would love advice on that matter.