Tamiflu led to teen's suicide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think we're getting the whole story. The parents say there were no signs of depression or suicidal thoughts, but people with depression are really good at hiding it. Parents are usually oblivious to such matters and may look for something else to blame.

Reactions: 2 users
Tamiflu has been associated with some pretty unusual neuropsychiatric side effects, including suicides in children; lots of case reports from Japan (where they use a lot more of this than in North America).

Still, it wouldn't be the first time a person or their loved ones blamed a prescription drug for causing a psychiatric condition which many individuals look down upon. Former Today show host Jane Pauley blamed corticosteroids and amitriptyline for causing her bipolar disorder.
Jane Pauley shares her story

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe people will stop bothering me for Tamiflu that I never seem to have in stock.

The title of this thread is also rather misleading. We don't really know what caused him to make that decision.

It's far easier to blame a chemical than the human; never the person who is responsible for his/her own decision

This never would have happened with oscilliconium though (insert sarcasm)

Reactions: 1 user
Tamiflu is definitely linked to suicide, although the evidence doesn't show that it definitely can cause suicide. Japan has banned it's use in teenagers because of suicide's linked to Tamiflu.

Japan has one of the highest rates of teen suicide in the world as it is, and corticosteroids can definitely precipitate mania.

I think the parents were in a lot of denial and this isn't the whole story.