Tap tap... is this thing on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myrnafir

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just posted that subject because I've never started a thread before. Kinda new.

Is the war over yet? Whew. Well, I'm sure as long as we all know why and how we got into osteopathic medicine, we can fend off attacks such as the ones that were played out. So I'd like to recover from the exhaustion and ask you all a question- why did you choose osteopathy? What got you interested? What is going to keep you interested?

I guess I'll start- I've been treated mostly by DOs during my 24 years on this here planet. Thankful that OMT has relieved much of my neck pain. I liked the holistic philosophy, which closely mirrors my own outlook on life and my own stream of logic. I also think it has a lot to offer in the fields of primary care and public health. Well, with the growing elderly population and an anticipated increase in the prevalence of chronic disease, we have a lot to offer our patients with regard to health maintenance and holistic perspective. And we probably have much to learn from them as well. I am proud of my future and current colleagues in this field of medicine and best of luck to you all in the future.

Members don't see this ad.

myr, I really don't pay too much attention to the stupidity that is going on in this site about DO's & MD's. To me the only important opinion about osteopathic medicine is my own. I really believe that its the kind of medicine that fits my personality and where I'll be able to be the kind of doctor that I want to be.

Everybody is coming up with numers and statistics comparing DO & MD that are sooooo stupid. How are you going to compare numbers of how many Do's are doing allopathic residencies vs Md when they are 125 MD's schools and ONLY 19 DO's. there are 700,000 MD's and 40,000 DO's and still DO's comprise 6% of all the primary care services in this country. In the end it is sooooooo stupid all this debate bcz it doesn't matter what you is who you are. Is not what kind of doctor are you is who you are as a doctor.

Like it or not people GET USE TOO the idea, osteopathic medicine is here to stay and is only going to get better. For me choosing a osteopathic school over a several allopathic schools is the best decision for my medical career and really looking forward to become a Osteopahtic Physician. Yeaaaaah!
keep posting!

------------------
siul