-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tattoos in medicine
Started by DJNYY
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Alright, I half apologize. I thought you grew up in the US like me. I appreciate that you take the time to use V and W correctly. And that you take exams and you don't give them. Celebrate both your cultures. You're going to get a shocker one day when you realize you're way more American than you are Indian.I used to have a pretty bad accent. I went through pretty intense speech therapy to get rid of it. Even now, I still get scared around words with lots of "v" and "w" in them, because I'll inevitably slur them and it will reveal my accent.
@Anastomoses
What flavor عرب are you?
If I was Lebanese, Pali or Iraqi I'd tell you but since I'm not...I'm gonna try to keep this one under wraps. 🙂 You Arab?
Alright, I half apologize. I thought you grew up in the US like me. I appreciate that you take the time to use V and W correctly. And that you take exams and you don't give them. Celebrate both your cultures. You're going to get a shocker one day when you realize you're way more American than you are Indian.
I grew up in India, moved to the US when I was kinda young, but kept going back to India. Even in the US, I grew up in a sort of "Indian ghetto," where everyone I interacted with was Indian. I did not have a white friend until I was a junior in high school IIRC.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I was Lebanese, Pali or Iraqi I'd tell you but since I'm not...I'm gonna try to keep this one under wraps. 🙂 You Arab?
Nah, I'm your mortal enemy (ایرانی). 😉
Also ...
Anyone know the name of this movie? Been looking for over a year. I would appreciate someone posted the name, today itself.
Don't go back to your brotastic zyzzastic forums. Stay with us.
I developed a bad habit of surfing these threads during last summer at work, and I made a new account recently for anonymity. This whole time I had Anastomoses pegged for a high-strung white girl. Mind=Blown.
I've always had a thing for girls with melanin-rich skin....
I've always had a thing for girls with melanin-rich skin....
Did we move to Wolf's Den?
Bzzz. Wrong. I think British and French accents are the worst. Unless it's the Joanna Lumley British accent. I love Vietnamese/Thai accents - but not for dating. I like German accents, Turkish, and most just go in the "eh, it's an accent" bin. Truth is, you meet a great looking guy - you're going to try to work past his accent or it might start magically seeming kind of cute.They dig British/French/Spanish accents, not Indian/Chinese/Arabic ones. At the least, I've never heard a single woman say she's found any of the latter few accents attractive. While I'm pretty sure every woman on earth has a raging hardon for a British accent for some reason.
In any case, the speech therapy probably helped me get into medical school and in my professional and social life. Every week, Reddit has yet another heavily-upvoted meme dedicated to bashing foreign professors who speak accented English. By eliminating my accent, people no longer place me in that box.
@Desk_Jockey - everyone has bad days. everyone wonders from time to time whether they did something wrong in a relationship or if they are the cause of certain problems. everyone has things they want to improve about self. Don't mislead @Arkangeloid into thinking his gloomy disposition, toxic negative thinking, and incessant jealousies are perfectly healthy and normal. He seems to be progressing but it still requires work.
@Desk_Jockey - everyone has bad days. everyone wonders from time to time whether they did something wrong in a relationship or if they are the cause of certain problems. everyone has things they want to improve about self. Don't mislead @Arkangeloid into thinking his gloomy disposition, toxic negative thinking, and incessant jealousies are perfectly healthy and normal. He seems to be progressing but it still requires work.
My contention with your comment was that you said "you haven't even managed that yet." That makes it seem as though you can fully like yourself at some point, and that's an achievement that you keep forever. That's why I focused my response on the necessity of working towards a more positive mindset and working for what you want in life with a sense of hope.
Negative thoughts are a struggle throughout people's lives, but they have to recognize these thoughts before they can fight against them. I certainly wasn't trying to say that a state of depression and low self-esteem are something to accept for yourself or are normal.
I get what you were trying to say now, and I know that's a nit-picky distinction, but I felt the need to throw that out there.
If I was Lebanese, Pali or Iraqi I'd tell you but since I'm not...I'm gonna try to keep this one under wraps. 🙂 You Arab?
Qatar?
I developed a bad habit of surfing these threads during last summer at work, and I made a new account recently for anonymity. This whole time I had Anastomoses pegged for a high-strung white girl. Mind=Blown.
I've always had a thing for girls with melanin-rich skin....
We're pretty awesome.
Alright, I half apologize. I thought you grew up in the US like me. I appreciate that you take the time to use V and W correctly. And that you take exams and you don't give them. Celebrate both your cultures. You're going to get a shocker one day when you realize you're way more American than you are Indian.
If I was Lebanese, Pali or Iraqi I'd tell you but since I'm not...I'm gonna try to keep this one under wraps. 🙂 You Arab?
Mwahaha they're never gonna guess it.
I like the French accent. Makes me think of ratatouille. The movie not the food
I would admit to liking British accents but I think I'm supposed to default hate them. For reasons.
I would admit to liking British accents but I think I'm supposed to default hate them. For reasons.
What on earth is going on in here???
This seems to be your traditional way of saying "hello" on SDN.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...this became a weird thread...
@Anastomoses
What flavor عرب are you?
Hah! I can read that. I have a bit of Gulf Arab in me.
Don't go back to your brotastic zyzzastic forums. Stay with us.
I'm unbanned there so I started posting there again. I really need to stop. <10 days left before Step 1. *gulp*
@Arkangeloid: Everyone will have times when they "don't like themselves" or feel that their lives are "crappy" to some extent-- nobody likes every part of themselves and every part of their life all of the time. Don't let people make you feel like you're alone in those feelings, because even hot, intelligent, and successful women like Anastomoses will have times when they don't like parts of themselves. You just have to find a way to better the parts of your life that you don't like (if possible) and make the most of what you do have. Keep liking yourself in this process of making the most of what you've got and going after what you want (even if that is an arranged marriage). We're all gonna make it, brolleague.
Hah, you're a bodybuilder too, then. Only one of us would say "we're all gonna make it."
In any case, I'm probably going to do the whole arranged marriage thing, and I'll tell you guys why. I used to be a pretty hardcore and competitive League of Legends player back in college, actually playing in the National Electronic Sports League in S1. I always had a motto: "If you play their game, you lose. If you play your game, you win."
I'll give you an example. Let's say your team has Janna/Caitlyn/Nidalee, and their team has Kennen/Amumu/Morgana (or some other AoE ****efest team). Why would you ever engage them at Baron? They'll mop the floor with you. Instead, you gotta play your game, which is siege/poke/disengage.
In this case, I'm a quiet, shy, nerdy, risk-averse boy. The American dating game involves being a loud, buff, raucous, flirtatious party dude who goes crazy at bars and clubs before doing God knows what with various girls. For me, playing that game is going to be like bashing my head into a wall, because that just isn't me. So instead I'll play the Indian dating game, which is much simpler. I just need to get out of medical school with a match (which I was going to do anyways), and the rest will sort itself out.
In any case, I thank you for your kind words and well wishes. Now back to Cardio!
I have absolutely no idea what any of this means.I'll give you an example. Let's say your team has Janna/Caitlyn/Nidalee, and their team has Kennen/Amumu/Morgana (or some other AoE ****efest team). Why would you ever engage them at Baron? They'll mop the floor with you. Instead, you gotta play your game, which is siege/poke/disengage.
No it doesn't. It involves being confident and comfortable with yourself. People with the qualities you mentioned tend to also be confident (or at least appear to be), which is why the stereotypical guy you alluded to tends to do well. You don't need any of those qualities to play and do well at the "American dating game" though.The American dating game involves being a loud, buff, raucous, flirtatious party dude who goes crazy at bars and clubs before doing God knows what with various girls.
Hah, you're a bodybuilder too, then. Only one of us would say "we're all gonna make it."
In any case, I'm probably going to do the whole arranged marriage thing, and I'll tell you guys why. I used to be a pretty hardcore and competitive League of Legends player back in college, actually playing in the National Electronic Sports League in S1. I always had a motto: "If you play their game, you lose. If you play your game, you win."
I'll give you an example. Let's say your team has Janna/Caitlyn/Nidalee, and their team has Kennen/Amumu/Morgana (or some other AoE ****efest team). Why would you ever engage them at Baron? They'll mop the floor with you. Instead, you gotta play your game, which is siege/poke/disengage.
In this case, I'm a quiet, shy, nerdy, risk-averse boy. The American dating game involves being a loud, buff, raucous, flirtatious party dude who goes crazy at bars and clubs before doing God knows what with various girls. For me, playing that game is going to be like bashing my head into a wall, because that just isn't me. So instead I'll play the Indian dating game, which is much simpler. I just need to get out of medical school with a match (which I was going to do anyways), and the rest will sort itself out.
In any case, I thank you for your kind words and well wishes. Now back to Cardio!
This is such a defeatist attitude.
You've already sold yourself short so no wonder you've given up. You've played up the american dating game in your head as some magical thing.
You don't think there are american girls out there who are quiet, shy and nerdy? I guarantee you there a dime a dozen.
All a person needs in any "dating game" is confidence which is something you severely lack.
I admit I may come across as untactful with these responses but people don't grow from being told they are perfect. You're clearly taking the easy way out. There is no honor in your decision. It is one thing to participate in arranged marriage because you believe strongly in that culture and another to take part in it because you'd rather save yourself the trouble of trying in the real world. The latter is just kind of sad imo.
Eh...nobody is really losing here. I don't see a problem. Some nice Indian girl from back home gets to marry a nice tall American-Indian doctor...and he gets to derive some self esteem from the community. Happens every day.This is such a defeatist attitude.
You've already sold yourself short so no wonder you've given up. You've played up the american dating game in your head as some magical thing.
You're clearly taking the easy way out. There is no honor in your decision. It is one thing to participate in arranged marriage because you believe strongly in that culture and another to take part in it because you'd rather save yourself the trouble of trying in the real world. The latter is just kind of sad imo.
Eh...nobody is really losing here. I don't see a problem.
EDIT: NVM.
Eh...nobody is really losing here. I don't see a problem. Some nice Indian girl from back home gets to marry a nice tall American-Indian doctor...and he gets to derive some self esteem from the community. Happens every day.
Its deeper than that though. That kind of attitude is a terrible one to have and extends past dating.
Its deeper than that though. That kind of attitude is a terrible one to have and extends past dating.
You're talking way over his head. He just wants to feel good a lot, make family proud, die and go to heaven.
Uh, there is no "heaven" in Hinduism.
In any case, I'm listening. And I've been playing the American game anyways (buff up, go to bars/clubs/parties, talk to women there, etc). No success, but eh, what did you expect lol.
Uh...Nirvana then? It's the same concept. My heaven if I had to design it is an endless orgasm with no interrupting thought.
Good. Keep playing until you get saddled with real responsibilities. Chin up.
Moksh
And thanks.
Uh, there is no "heaven" in Hinduism.
In any case, I'm listening. And I've been playing the American game anyways (buff up, go to bars/clubs/parties, talk to women there, etc). No success, but eh, what did you expect lol.
Honestly, you are going about the "game" all wrong. First stop thinking of it as a game. Second, out of all the girls I've been with only like 1 did I meet at a bar that actually lasted to something meaningful. Girls at bars/clubs/parties are used to getting hit on and put their guard up so you are already disadvantaged before you even say hello. Even if you manage to hook up with a girl at a bar, in my experience those are not the type of girls that are keepers. Obviously, this is an oversimplification, I'm sure there are plenty of sweet girls that party and are willing to meet guys, but they are rare and those venues are probably the worst places to try to pick someone up. Mutual friends is where is it honestly. The more friends you have, the more girls you will meet and these girls will be more willing to trust you/be interested because you are friends with one of their friends.
Its kind of ****ty in medical school though because all of your mutual friends will most likely be classmates. However, try to expand your friendships outside of school and just let your network of friends grow and the girls will follow.
Uh, there is no "heaven" in Hinduism.
In any case, I'm listening. And I've been playing the American game anyways (buff up, go to bars/clubs/parties, talk to women there, etc). No success, but eh, what did you expect lol.
LoL player it all makes sense now
first thing you gotta do is switch to dota
LoL player it all makes sense now
first thing you gotta do is switch to dota
Actually I switched from DotA to LoL in freshman year of college. I was always kinda crappy at DotA, though.
The American dating game involves being a loud, buff, raucous, flirtatious party dude who goes crazy at bars and clubs before doing God knows what with various girls.
Uhm….no. Those men do exist and there are women who are attracted to them or think they should be but this does not represent the "American dating game". As noted above, those guys come off as confident and that's attractive. But being obnoxious is not attractive.
I guarantee you that the MAJORITY of the US does not behave like that (Jersey Shore and other reality shows notwithstanding) and the MAJORITY of US women are not attracted to that, the very least not intelligent, motivated successful women - the kind of woman you want.
Actually I switched from DotA to LoL in freshman year of college. I was always kinda crappy at DotA, though.
haha real talk though what kind of women are you mixing with and what are they at the party for?
med school chicks looking for future husband is a totally different crowd than girls just looking to have fun
what kind of crew do you roll with?
also, changing the culture of the women you meet can help. my indian buddy is dark and found great success with the latinas. they see him as a more exotic looking hispanic with a much better career.
haha real talk though what kind of women are you mixing with and what are they at the party for?
Mostly just friends of friends at the party, some randoms at the bar/club.
med school chicks looking for future husband is a totally different crowd than girls just looking to have fun
Actually from what I've observed, med school chicks almost universally prefer buff party types, at least judging by the way the class has paired off.
what kind of crew do you roll with?
I don't really have a "crew."
also, changing the culture of the women you meet can help. my indian buddy is dark and found great success with the latinas. they see him as a more exotic looking hispanic with a much better career.
Guess I'll start relearning Spanish then.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This seems to be your traditional way of saying "hello" on SDN.
HERRO
Mostly just friends of friends at the party, some randoms at the bar/club.
Actually from what I've observed, med school chicks almost universally prefer buff party types, at least judging by the way the class has paired off.
I don't really have a "crew."
Guess I'll start relearning Spanish then.
that is your problem. you are setting yourself up for failure.
1. you gotta get a group of friends that go out on the weekends. that will help you be comfortable. you have a routine and you are going to a place you've been before.
2. don't focus on all girls. focus on the girls that like you. who is looking at you, laughing at your jokes, and touching your arm?
3. can't help you with latina advice. need some hispanic brahs to help you out here.
MaltaI like the French accent. Makes me think of ratatouille. The movie not the food
I would admit to liking British accents but I think I'm supposed to default hate them. For reasons.
Bahrain
Egypt
Iraq
UAE
Shotgun approach by the Axis of Evil
Malta
Bahrain
Egypt
Iraq
UAE
Shotgun approach by the Axis of Evil
Wrong on all counts. I'm assuming you quoted the wrong post though bc it's pretty out in the open that I'm an Indian girl
How is going to bars the dating game?Uh, there is no "heaven" in Hinduism.
In any case, I'm listening. And I've been playing the American game anyways (buff up, go to bars/clubs/parties, talk to women there, etc). No success, but eh, what did you expect lol.
Edit, just read House's response. Go with that.
Step 1. Obtain playful puppy.Mostly just friends of friends at the party, some randoms at the bar/club.
Actually from what I've observed, med school chicks almost universally prefer buff party types, at least judging by the way the class has paired off.
I don't really have a "crew."
Guess I'll start relearning Spanish then.
Step 2. Obtain leash and collar for said puppy.
Step 3. Place collar over puppy's neck and tighten so it won't choke the puppy.
Step 4. Attach leash to collar, and walk and play with puppy in park.
Step 5. Let the women come to you.
You can thank me later.
Whoa...my sick mind was going in a totally different direction by Step 3.Step 1. Obtain playful puppy.
Step 2. Obtain leash and collar for said puppy.
Step 3. Place collar over puppy's neck and tighten so it won't choke the puppy.
Step 4. Attach leash to collar, and walk and play with puppy in park.
Step 5. Let the women come to you.
You can thank me later.
Step 1. Obtain playful puppy.
Step 2. Obtain leash and collar for said puppy.
Step 3. Place collar over puppy's neck and tighten so it won't choke the puppy.
Step 4. Attach leash to collar, and walk and play with puppy in park.
Step 5. Let the women come to you.
You can thank me later.
I'm confused, at which step do I put my dick in the box?
hahahaI'm confused, at which step do I put my dick in the box?
Absolutely, 100% wrong. The "American" dating game is absolutely nothing like that. If so, then you're looking at it in a funhouse mirror. Your perspective is very much one-sided. Seriously it's like you've been watching way too many old tv episodes of Elimidate and Blind Date.In this case, I'm a quiet, shy, nerdy, risk-averse boy. The American dating game involves being a loud, buff, raucous, flirtatious party dude who goes crazy at bars and clubs before doing God knows what with various girls. For me, playing that game is going to be like bashing my head into a wall, because that just isn't me. So instead I'll play the Indian dating game, which is much simpler. I just need to get out of medical school with a match (which I was going to do anyways), and the rest will sort itself out.
The "Indian" dating game that you say you'll play is absolutely no guarantee that you will suddenly be happy. There is no magic, as much as you are hoping it is.
Last edited:
Indian men are overrated anyway. ><
Show us what you wore today.
Hmmm. Post a pic in allo? That's adventurous
Is that Nicki Minaj?
Dude, I already have this pic. FB, hello? Alright, you owe us something cute + new tomorrow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude, I already have this pic. FB, hello? Alright, you owe us something cute + new tomorrow.
Duh. I forgot were fb besties
Ok will take a new one tomorrow
@Anastomoses
I have a pix for you. Oh man
I have a pix for you. Oh man
Got this off the Barney's website. Guy in the back. Delicious. (Yes I'm aware he looks much like Kaus. Lol)
Are you f*cking kidding me? You found the guy? hahaha. He's alright.View attachment 181363
Got this off the Barney's website. Guy in the back. Delicious. (Yes I'm aware he looks much like Kaus. Lol)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
M
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 860
M