TBR Exam Score 1 | Significance compared to AAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rolling

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a question about the TBR exams.

I scored the following on the TBR Exam 1

PS = 10| VR= 11-12| BS= 11-12

Are TBR exams graded harder or easier than AAMC tests? How should I view this? I am trying to score a 35+ on the real thing. I feel like the TBR exams are definitely more difficult than the AAMC tests that I've seen, but I'm not sure about the scoring. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh hai gaiz.

I can haz 1 datum point, and i iz want to use zat as sole predictorzzz.

Can i haz a cookie?

Hi everyone, I have a question about the TBR exams.

I scored the following on the TBR Exam 1

PS = 10| VR= 11-12| BS= 11-12

Are TBR exams graded harder or easier than AAMC tests? How should I view this? I am trying to score a 35+ on the real thing. I feel like the TBR exams are definitely more difficult than the AAMC tests that I've seen, but I'm not sure about the scoring. Any thoughts?

Not sure how they're graded compared to the AAMC's, but IMO TBR-1 was far easier than most of the AAMC tests and the real MCAT (took & voided twice). I think the verbal for TBR-1 was completely inaccurate... The general consensus on the forum is that the AAMC's are the best predictors, so if anything that should give you a better gauge of how you'll do on the real deal.

Not sure how they're graded compared to the AAMC's, but IMO TBR-1 was far easier than most of the AAMC tests and the real MCAT (took & voided twice). I think the verbal for TBR-1 was completely inaccurate... The general consensus on the forum is that the AAMC's are the best predictors, so if anything that should give you a better gauge of how you'll do on the real deal.

Fwiw, I thought the bio on tbr-1 was harder than that of aamc 1 and 2. Much more orgo/biochem heavy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not trying to use "one data" point. I simply want to see how TBR exams compare to AAMC/MCAT exams.

Fwiw, I thought the bio on tbr-1 was harder than that of aamc 1 and 2. Much more orgo/biochem heavy.

I agree, there did seem to be more orgo on that BS section than some of the AAMC's. But it was more 'easy' orgo. No crazy synthesis/reactant stuff.

I agree, there did seem to be more orgo on that BS section than some of the AAMC's. But it was more 'easy' orgo. No crazy synthesis/reactant stuff.

That's true. I'm 2 months out from my test and haven't started orgo yet, so... ;)

I got a 10 on bio on AAMC 4 though vs an 8 on TBR 1. So lets see how it all comes together over the next 2 months. I still hit 30 on tbr 1 so it's all good.