TCMC Class of 2013!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are people planning on attending the revisit weekend at the beginning of May?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the trip; I'm coming from the west, but I'm definitely committed to TCMC. It should be a great day though.

Just filled out the form today. I'll be there.

So I've been calling Leo pretty regularly lately because the date for our financial aid letters to be mailed keeps getting pushed back. What was initially scheduled for the first or second week of April has now been moved to May 15th, and I have little reason to believe that it won't get pushed back even more after that. Not having this financial aid information makes it more difficult to make decisions. I would think that they would want this information to be available in time for the second look day so that it could be factored into making decisions about which school to attend. But even for those of us committed to TCMC, this info is pretty crucial when considering how to finance our education. Sorry that there's not really a main question or point to this post. I'm just getting pretty frustrated with the delays and wanted to get a read on whether I'm just jumping the gun or if others are concerned about this stuff as well.

i, as well as others i assume, can relate to the anxiety. best thing to do is to imagine the following. worst case scenario: you would have to borrow 40k or 45k (in state vs oos) in private loans for at least the first year. best case conservative estimate: you get an additional 5k in need based aid. i seriously doubt that an additional 10k-20k of need based aid will be offered to a student or certain students. hopefully in thinking of the default and a slightly better scenario, this will help you decide what you need to decide upon. good luck :thumbup:

As many of you know PNC Bank and Sallie Mae will extend private loans to TCMC students. These loans have floating rates. The PNC and Sallie Mae websites now have "codes" for TCMC students. I think you can apply now.

Here's a question for those of you who revisited TCMC on May 3rd. What were your general impressions? Will TCMC be completely ready by August?:prof:

Thanks

just to clarify about the private loan's variable interest rates, the only factor that can change would be the libor index (which is currently i heard about slightly less than half a percentage point). whatever margin the bank gives an applicant (based on credit worthiness) is fixed permanently. i think the 2 banks listed have different ranges for their margins but its best to double check.

i had a wonderful time at revisit day. everyone was in high spirits and really excited starting. the school, staff, and faculty will be ready come orientation time.

at the second look day i remember being told that all 1st year students HAVE to buy the bluecross health insurance plan (which costs about 3k). Has anyone else asked around if we really need to buy this? As we will be full time students, I will qualify for private health insurance from my father's employer. ITE, and the added emphasis on trying to reduce health care costs it seems to be unfair to basically throw 3k away for essentially unnecessary coverage.

I absolutly understand educational instutions requiring students to be insured and offering health insurance plans, but I have never heard of a college or medical school requiring students to buy a specific plan even if they already have coverage. It doesn't make sense to me, and curious if anyone else has looked into it.