TCMC Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dudechiefboss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I thought I would start a thread for students (myself included) who are waitlisted at The Commonwealth Medical College (TCMC).

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Count me in! 24 more days! Let's hope we see tons of movement! :xf::luck::xf::luck::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys have acceptances elsewhere? I'm on several waitlists (no acceptances) and have been trying to come up with "plan B" options. I applied recently to the MBS program at TCMC since I really want to end up there. Was accepted to the MBS program yesterday, seems like a solid plan B option. Have you guys considered that as well?

So, who's going to be keeping their phone/checking their email early Monday morning? :laugh:

So, who's going to be keeping their phone/checking their email early Monday morning? :laugh:

I definitely will be!! I'm off that day too, so I'm sure I'll drive myself crazy checking everything :laugh: :xf::luck::xf::luck:

Do you think they'll start pulling that soon?

Hopefully! Any indication as to when the waitlist action might happen, or how much movement there might be?

I am very surprised to find that no one has been accepted off the waitlist yet. Hopefully, this week will bring good news. Also, please let us know if you have been accepted off the waitlist. Thanks in advance!

I will definitely post if I hear anything. Good luck!

I really hope they didn't overbook the class...

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone called the admissions at TCMC to find out whether if the waitlist has begun to move?

I emailed and asked, but no word yet. This sucks.

I really hope they didn't overbook the class...
Yes, I hope they didn't, but I'm not ruling it out. This year TCMC has students entering from the MBS program - not sure if all MBS students are entering the 2014 class.

I emailed and asked, but no word yet. This sucks.
Thanks for trying to contact them!

I'm thinking if anyone gets called, the call will be after 4pm or something, but who knows. Good luck to everyone :xf:

Debra Stalk told me two days ago that the class is currently full. I have to think there will be (or has been, but no one has posted) movement. The only way there wouldn't be is if they are overbooked, a possibility I guess.

Debra Stalk told me two days ago that the class is currently full. I have to think there will be (or has been, but no one has posted) movement. The only way there wouldn't be is if they are overbooked, a possibility I guess.

No...that's not something I would like to hear.

According to last year's thread, the majority of the waitlist movement occurred during the first couple of weeks of june

its already July, and I havent heard from them. Have anyone waitlisted been contacted since June-july?

Many of the waitlisted have come to believe the class is full. Unsure if that is true or not. I recommend reading the Dean's Blog. It seems to indicate that the 2nd class may be in place. Whether or not all the chosen have accepted their spot, remains to be seen. At this point, I know of 3 people - 2 from the forums, 1 from the MBS program - who have been offered acceptances after May 15th. There could be others, not utilizing this forum, who may have been taken off the waitlist. If you also check out the 2009-10 application thread, you can see a number of people also in the same predicament as this thread.

There is an article on standardspeaker.com July 6. Search around for "The Commonwealth Medical College", and this article headlines the 2nd class is ready to begin. It states they have 46 MBS students and 65 MD students, and that the MD class will increase to 100 next year. It says this class is 70% PA students. If you want to learn what a TCMC MBS gets you, privately message me.

Although it wasn't my child, another MBS student made it into TCMC recently. Although the class is listed as full on studentspeaker.com, I'm going to guess there are occasional people still moving to other schools as they come off of other waitlists. Good news for this hard-working student who really wanted to get into TCMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.